Roadside Mum #5 oppressed to the point of starvation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having a good idea about websites and shops is how all the best retail businesses start, for sure.

Reactions: 6
Hard luck anyone still hoping the zine might see the light of day - get ready for Roadside Clothing.

View attachment 1806879
How does she think you start a clothing company? I know nothing about it but common sense says you need something to make, someone to make it and somewhere to sell it to someone who wants to buy it.

Lol at foreign precedence too. What magical clothing are the abroad children wearing that we can't get on these fair isles. But maybe someone who can't conceive of 'you need a website' also can't imagine such things as international trade and shipping.

Also, of course she's not thinking of Etsy. She is far. too. good. for such minor endeavours.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
How does she think you start a clothing company? I know nothing about it but common sense says you need something to make, someone to make it and somewhere to sell it to someone who wants to buy it.

Lol at foreign precedence too. What magical clothing are the abroad children wearing that we can't get on these fair isles. But maybe someone who can't conceive of 'you need a website' also can't imagine such things as international trade and shipping.

Also, of course she's not thinking of Etsy. She is far. too. good. for such minor endeavours.
I might be old fashioned but I’d want to know costs to see if it’s viable in the UK. But what do I know? I know to stay off energy drinks, for one.

Reactions: 3
I think the clothing idea is great!

I've always wanted cargo pants that both zip off at the knee (trousers and culottes!) *and this is my big idea* have two zip off removable layers: thermals inside under the cotton; and a waterproof canvas layer over the cotton for salmon fishing, yachting, mucking about with hunters! YESS QUEEN. Like the foreigners! Just need quality zips and a storage bag for all those layers

(Oops, was not going to disclose here, obv)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think the clothing idea is great!

I've always wanted cargo pants that both zip off at the knee (trousers and culottes!) *and this is my big idea* have two zip off removable layers: thermals inside under the cotton; and a waterproof canvas layer over the cotton for salmon fishing, yachting, mucking about with hunters! YESS QUEEN. Like the foreigners! Just need quality zips and a storage bag for all those layers

(Oops, was not going to disclose here, obv)
RSM is a consistent and committed crowdfund deliverer and you should definitely go into business with her Wooh!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Roadsidemum also has a large number of followers who are journalists. A dynamic duo, Roadsidemum and Wooh

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Normal service has resumed, as Roadsidemum settles in for an argument with Costa Coffee Club's birthday cake offer

Screenshot_20221215_171502.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Hard luck anyone still hoping the zine might see the light of day - get ready for Roadside Clothing.

View attachment 1806879
Has she lost her mind! She can’t manage to collate a few essays into a book how on earth would she pull this idea off!

I’ve not heard mention of the book in ages (unless I’ve missed something). I’m guessing it’s not going to happen? I don’t know how unbound works, is she allowed to just change her mind and not bother?

Reactions: 8
You haven’t missed anything, Dizzy. The book has not been mentioned for weeks and weeks. I am beginning to wonder if she has even had enough submissions at this point. Her job is to read through them and curate - not toil over 20,000 depressing words on how to keep the black mould from poor, vulnerable Roadside Daddy’s lungs in the caravan.

I am guessing that there will be another call to arms about needing new, up to date, cost of living crisis submissions in the new year. And we will be ripping the piss next Christmas when she discusses the merits of introducing caviar to the the little one, whilst Humans MCR pick up the Christmas present tab once more.

• Sad
Another day, another witch at Utilita. Still - it will give Costa a day off.

Oh - and another day of zero zine work/update.

If you bought a book from Louisa Britain aka Roadside Mum, from Unbound - you should now be asking for a refund because she is clearly either too busy bullying CS social media staff or clogging up A&E on a Dr Google whim to actually do any work towards it.

• Sick
I've started my Christmas handmade gifts (inspired by the genius of Little One, I'm making hand cream from a recipe 1500 years old, which I transcribed from a drone pic of Stonehenge).

I need a reminder of who will receive the gifts; please assist me:

• Tori from Utilita Energy
• Lauren, UE
• OUR FAVOURITE Catherine from the yacht club: even though she's so last year, I've formed a strong bond
• Costa Coffee and its rotten free cake on birthdays Club
• The bastard landlord
• Roadsidedad, for all he endures
• Esso_GB (obv I can't disclose the location)
• The men who enjoy gym and Big Knives
• The mechanic with a metal crutch through the skull, strung up on a seatbelt webbing by the balls
• the Dad with the pushchair in the cafe which was dragged 2 feet down the solid framed fence, after Roadsidemum used her friendliest tone [SCARY]

A big batch of Roadsidemum's decayed and mouldy blackberries to:

• all of the people who submitted a very personal and difficult story to the zine

• the oven, washing machine and vacuum cleaner, all BROKEN by the Kray Twins damn them

And:
• No
Christmas present for Unbound

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It seems like Roadside Daddy has had “An Encounter (TM)”. As usual, I really can’t be bothered to copy it over but it might as well say “Needless to say, I had the last laugh” tagged into tweet eleventyfour. It has certainly made me chuckle - she really does think she is a cut above the average Poor (TM) even though the point of the thread is supposed to be the opposite!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think the latest thread is worth screenies 😂. I'll do them later

• Heart
Roadsidedad showed THEM. Also, WTF

The community was disappointed too, with you sniffing people for alcohol. Oh we noticed that yeah. You were never not watched.
Screenshot_20221217_152245.jpg
Screenshot_20221217_152313.jpg
Screenshot_20221217_152327.jpg
Screenshot_20221217-152335_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221217_152352.jpg

Note that Roadsidedad is a human goat, a pink gorilla, a gingery ape, an absolute bleeping primate, and Roadsidemum's best friend

Screenshot_20221217_153306.jpg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
The (imaginary) journalist was surely just trying to draw attention to the plight of people in poverty, same as in the zine. Should we assume all the homeless/ hungry people have ample food and clothes in their van?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Why don't poor people wear perfume? I've always been what you'd call working class and I love a little spritz of Demeter Kitten Fur or Revlon Unforgettable if I'm off somewhere.
We do get Christmas and birthday presents, you know.
PS That tweet could have been condensed, it was painful to read. RSM must be fun at parties.

Reactions: 11
The absolute funniest thing about that thread is how screamingly, curtain-twitchingly middle class it is. "I expect your editor was disappointed" 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

I genuinely think the posh lady stock characters she writes these threads about are just projections of herself before she met RSD/decided to become an eco crusty traveller...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The absolute funniest thing about that thread is how screamingly, curtain-twitchingly middle class it is. "I expect your editor was disappointed" 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

I genuinely think the posh lady stock characters she writes these threads about are just projections of herself before she met RSD/decided to become an eco crusty traveller...
I completely agree. You can tell from the tone that this is all a game to her.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.