Roadside Mum #5 oppressed to the point of starvation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unmasking RSM...

I think she is an middle class gal who is called Philippa (pippa darling!), or Alexandruh (everyone calls me Lex babes), who thought she would rough it after deciding she was a traveller, based on the great aunt Bertha who was a traveller/mystic/healer.

Her bemused parents, Janet and Peter, are a little confused as to what has gone on, but between the bowls club and looking after the garden, one really doesn't have time to going chasing around after Lexy.

All of the above is complete bollocks but I have drunk a bottle of prosecco so...😃

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Also @Wooh I meant to say sorry, I worded my reply badly earlier. I completely agree that it's weird and inappropriate for her to be talking in such emotive (and then really confusing frog-based) detail about a system that she has absolutely no experience of or connection too. A normal person would have said something like 'Pre-paid cards for benefits is a bad idea as seen in Australia' which would have been an acceptable point.
Oh, Gentlemen and your Relish, I wasn't slightly bothered. I know this for sure as I didn't at any point wish to call you a name or demand you delete your account!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m confused why begging on Twitter is deemed normal! She replies to herself a hell of a lot too. Is this how folk crack on in life now? Might have a go myself! She’s just had a tumble dryer for nothing!

ETA it’s a retweeted pal of RSM!
7070093F-014C-4E45-BC05-B50125E274FF.jpeg

Reactions: 5
It’s just so bizarre how these awful awful people end up slithering around in the same nest of filthy scrounging. Over and over again, one share and re-tweet at a time, tweet after self re-tweet. Like throwing water on a gremlin, they multiply and amplify each other.

I bet secretly inside their hearts, that the tumble dryer disaster show and Marmite twit are furiously jealous of their good buddy RSM getting a book deal and over £20k of supported funding with a publisher backing - only for her to piss the opportunity up the wall whilst milking content from genuine poverty experiencing people.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I know it's been suggested before (possibly by me) but I wonder if the Unbound story unfolded thus:

RM - Hmm, this book crowdfunding lark could bring in some money.
<raises money>
RM - Hello Unbound, I'd like my £20k please
Unbound - lol no, write the book first
RM - ...

It's now basically a stalemate, she can't have the money, the sponsors can't get it back. Unless I have misunderstood the Unbound business model.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There is a convoluted procedure to get Unbound money back for unfulfilled projects that involves waiting for them to trigger the shut down, then receiving an email detailing their “Unbound Credit” they now have, and only then you being able to ask for a cash refund instead, within 30 days or paying it forward to another project.

With that policy, combined with their close association to both the anonymous Louisa Britain (lol) and Hattie Gladwell (who’s only evidence of a project is a long defunct Twitter fundraising handle - they have removed her project entirely from the website) - I will assuredly NEVER purchase an Unbound book. And I am a veritable bookworm (with only three Billy's, but they are extended and floor to ceiling across one wall in my dining room - am I Jack?)

Reactions: 9
Heard it here first folks, can't be financially unstable if you have a salaried job 🤨

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m confused why begging on Twitter is deemed normal! She replies to herself a hell of a lot too. Is this how folk crack on in life now? Might have a go myself! She’s just had a tumble dryer for nothing!

ETA it’s a retweeted pal of RSM! View attachment 1912709
Literally though. I would rather give birth to a lawnmower than perform poverty for strangers on the internet, even when I'm in dire straits!

• Heart
Screenshot_20230127_223332_Chrome.jpg

My suggestion is to write about how you funded a zine through Unbound then, and only after funding was donated, called for submissions (£250 per contributor), then didn't do anything about the zine for over a year except bleat excuses, including but not limited to your ME, even while tweeting incessantly and calling people cunts and not home educating your daughter, and then telling people you've received a not intimidating brief to write an article for an ME charity newsletter.

You charlatan .

May the ants of a million anthills infest your armpits

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
How can you not think of anything to write on a subject that is part of your everyday life? That’s like Bear Grylls asking for outdoor survival tips!

• Angry
View attachment 1914249

My suggestion is to write about how you funded a zine through Unbound then, and only after funding was donated, called for submissions (£250 per contributor), then didn't do anything about the zine for over a year except bleat excuses, including but not limited to your ME, even while tweeting incessantly and calling people cunts and not home educating your daughter, and then telling people you've received a not intimidating brief to write an article for an ME charity newsletter.

You charlatan .

May the ants of a million anthills infest your armpits

How about 'How to stay positive with ME'. You know, something that doesn't drag down the readers, many of whom will have the same diagnosis. Maybe mention about how getting your nails done makes you happy and doesn't cause pain and rage in the same way as having to care for your children or pay your bills does, that help is out there and you aren't alone, that it's fine to make meals with frozen veg and to plan positive things for the future?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
How about 'How to stay positive with ME'. You know, something that doesn't drag down the readers, many of whom will have the same diagnosis. Maybe mention about how getting your nails done makes you happy and doesn't cause pain and rage in the same way as having to care for your children or pay your bills does, that help is out there and you aren't alone, that it's fine to make meals with frozen veg and to plan positive things for the future?
Hoo boy I hope I’m on this charity’s mailing list for this newsletter she’s writing! I might start my angry retort now, before I’ve even read her nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Did we see this comment and her response on the zine update?

Screenshot_20230127-210128_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230127-210138_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230127-210147_Chrome.jpg

At least this demonstrates that she can feign a slight veneer of professionalism when it suits. If this exchange had been on Twitter, she would have told him to duck off and eat his dead granny's mummified tit or similar.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
What an outrageous rambling pile of shite - and doing a Jack and dragging cancer in to it? She truly is a horror show. Soooooooo poorly but had more holidays than me last year. Soooooo very poorly but zipzapping around the southwest literally on other peoples money. Treating her kids like slaves but not providing ten words of support to this project for months and months. Pretending to be the genuine voice of the working class poor whilst simultaneously spouting verbose and twee ramblings only a posho fallen on hard times could manage.

Good luck to anyone owed a “credit” from Unbound on the back of this performative nonsense - you can write it off now.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

View attachment 1915549View attachment 1915551View attachment 1915552

At least this demonstrates that she can feign a slight veneer of professionalism when it suits. If this exchange had been on Twitter, she would have told him to duck off and eat his dead granny's mummified tit or similar.
Jeez, Mason Grace really hit a nerve there :ROFLMAO:

Away and count blackberries in the dark Louisa, or whatever the duck it is you do.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
What an outrageous rambling pile of shite - and doing a Jack and dragging cancer in to it? She truly is a horror show. Soooooooo poorly but had more holidays than me last year. Soooooo very poorly but zipzapping around the southwest literally on other peoples money. Treating her kids like slaves but not providing ten words of support to this project for months and months. Pretending to be the genuine voice of the working class poor whilst simultaneously spouting verbose and twee ramblings only a posho fallen on hard times could manage.

Good luck to anyone owed a “credit” from Unbound on the back of this performative nonsense - you can write it off now.
Actually I didn’t mind the cancer reference, it’s bandied around a bit in ME circles that MS or Cancer patients have a better quality of life than people with ME/CFS. For starters, nobody thinks they’re faking it.
“I’m not good at dying. ME can kill…” she can duck right off.

Reactions: 6

View attachment 1915549View attachment 1915551View attachment 1915552

What I don't understand is why anyone who's been medically assessed to be incapable of ANY FORM of employment (which is perfectly valid) would take on a project as arduous as editing a book. I have done it professionally and it's incredibly hard work in many ways.

What I don't understand is why anyone who's been medically assessed to be incapable of ANY FORM of employment (which is perfectly valid) would take on a project as arduous as editing a book. I have done it professionally and it's incredibly hard work in many ways.
I think she’s at moderate level, similar to me. I am on “unfit for work” benefits, I was assessed and everything, the nurse rubber stamped it with no fuss!
Honestly I wouldn’t agree do more than look over a friends CV or letter of complaint. My brain does something that feels like if your eyes are averted. My brain looks the other way and long/complex info doesn’t go in or out, unless it’s in the mood for it, and the mood lasts an hour or two.

We’re all different I guess. But writing on a phone in bed is, for me anyway, much harder than typing on a laptop while seated at a table. She’s not in bed all the time

---

Nice tip box rattle there
6CE3E155-563D-4CF5-9C93-31ED4C4876E7.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.