Roadside Mum #5 oppressed to the point of starvation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love the food collection idea. I've actually done plenty of skip diving for fruit & veg, first for my hens (chooks) then for me because the quality was so good.

I object to the change of narrative: sometimes she's proud and pleased. Then there is the caricature that she has made RD elbowing past dowagers and Mercedes Benz drivers. There was the mouldy blackberries eaten alone in the dark with nothing but a fork (we never understood the point of that crappy thread but I've just re-read it and it's SHITE); and now we've gone to bruised apples and mouldy bread. Still not viral, though.
Screenshot_20230119_232404_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230119_232530_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230119_232544_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230119_233242_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230119_233208_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 14
On bread related issues I hope she’s paid RN back for the bread they had to buy with their pocket money earlier in the week.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I’m sure I’ve wanged on about olio before.
Tescos and now Iceland seem to be signed up. All the yellow sticker stuff that isn’t sold is collected by an olio volunteer. They post it on the app and you message your interest.
when my benefits were a year late I often got bread, milk sometimes hummus and carrot snacks or a salad from Olio. It was a good way to supplement your food but you can’t “rely” on it.

"I silently examine last week's blackberries, in the dark, all on my own"

😂😂😂😂😂

Pop a podcast and a light on, mate. Come on.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I love RSM when she demonstrates her breathtaking lack of self awareness and humility. One of the nastiest people I have had the misfortune to stumble across on social media - and anonymous with a sprinkling of scrounging to boot….she really is quite the character! 😂

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
I don’t like her fat post. There’s something a bit off about it all but I can’t put my finger on why.

Reactions: 8
I love RSM when she demonstrates her breathtaking lack of self awareness and humility. One of the nastiest people I have had the misfortune to stumble across on social media - and anonymous with a sprinkling of scrounging to boot….she really is quite the character! 😂
Devoid of joy is her default setting though 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hmmm. She's really off atm, even f o r h e r

What's going on? Is this a troll post on me from a couple of weeks ago?
Screenshot_20230120_223610_Chrome.jpg

If so, what's this?
Screenshot_20230120_223406_Chrome.jpg

I'm wrinkling my nose with distaste.

Louisa, BABE, in the last 48 hours I've applied poultices to a hoof / abscess sore (wanker alert Australian Miniature) Pony and dressed a very gory commercial kitchen wound. I'm not squeamish, but these posts of yours do not sit well with me. You are nasty

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Hmmm. She's really off atm, even f o r h e r

What's going on? Is this a troll post on me from a couple of weeks ago?
View attachment 1896807

If so, what's this?
View attachment 1896811

I'm wrinkling my nose with distaste.

Louisa, BABE, in the last 48 hours I've applied poultices to a hoof / abscess sore (wanker alert Australian Miniature) Pony and dressed a very gory commercial kitchen wound. I'm not squeamish, but these posts of yours do not sit well with me. You are nasty
Sorry to hear about your pony. Hope the abscess is draining okay and pony is feeling better soon.

Yes, Louisa I am a horsey middle class wanker 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Another attempt to go viral with a thread from our eminent expert at being poor and working class.

Most of it is yawnsville and barely worth a glance but there is a little stand out moment or two. She is a wretched character - imagine being worried about transferring to UC, being vulnerable and then coming across this gem. I already get tearful at the new Dogs Trust advert - I would be bereft at the idea. She is a nasty witch,

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Another attempt to go viral with a thread from our eminent expert at being poor and working class.

Most of it is yawnsville and barely worth a glance but there is a little stand out moment or two. She is a wretched character - imagine being worried about transferring to UC, being vulnerable and then coming across this gem. I already get tearful at the new Dogs Trust advert - I would be bereft at the idea. She is a nasty witch,
I saw that earlier. I thought at the time that she was being disingenuous. I know things can be tricky re timings etc, but you’d think a transfer would be different from a new claim.

Re the animals, sadly I think she’s being truthful there.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I'm literally afraid to look at Roadsidemum's twitter atm, let alone the other two.

Here in Australian summer, I've seen this hysterical pattern in earlier years. I know that winters are hard and long in the UK, and I'm frugal with heating (but not a professional pov and absolutely acknowledging that minus 3 at 6am followed by a 13-16 degree day for a month in July is not cold climate hardship) BUT the dates 13-20 January every year for three years creating drama, hysteria, seeking hits likes views attention and HELLO MONEY CASH CROWDGRIFTING.... oh bleeping COME ON, MATE

Sorry to hear about your pony. Hope the abscess is draining okay and pony is feeling better soon.

Yes, Louisa I am a horsey middle class wanker 😘
Thank you!
Thanks so much. He's 5yo, healthy fit strong and will be fine. I have three, agisted within 20 mins from home. The abscess is from bad management of mine re farrier dates, and a bit of bad luck as farrier was booked for Monday. I'm feeling ashamed. All three of the ponies are utterly revelling in the excitement of AMELIE WE LOVE HER THE VET visiting, their person OMG coming at 10pm, etc. Oops is there a horse thread on Tattle?! /SPOILER]

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Completely irrelevant comment I know….

But I don’t think it’s that cold this year. We’ve only put the heating on a couple times. I just make the kids wear more clothes and I’m never cold at the moment because I’m fat this year. Fattest I’ve ever been (on a diet though!), found it quite useful being fat this winter, but in general fat is a bad idea. Bloody hell I was hot this summer though.

Obviously we shouldn’t be in a situation where we have to think twice about putting on the heating. And ‘be fat’ is definitely the worst advice ever given

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Completely irrelevant comment I know….

But I don’t think it’s that cold this year. We’ve only put the heating on a couple times. I just make the kids wear more clothes and I’m never cold at the moment because I’m fat this year. Fattest I’ve ever been (on a diet though!), found it quite useful being fat this winter, but in general fat is a bad idea. Bloody hell I was hot this summer though.

Obviously we shouldn’t be in a situation where we have to think twice about putting on the heating. And ‘be fat’ is definitely the worst advice ever given
I think everyone has maybe got used to being cold. We had the heating on 21° all the time we were at home and awake before we left the uk nearly 10 years ago ( not rich people, I’m a teacher, I can’t remember anything about fuel bills except we always paid them). I just looked up and the temperature today where my mum is is a maximum of 4°, freezing overnight. I think huge rises in fuel costs have made people put up with things they never would a few years ago. :(

Reactions: 5
But I don’t think it’s that cold this year.
It's not, really. We've had two separate ~week long cold spells with a low of about -10° the first time (for one or two nights in isolated places) and about -4° this time. Compared to, say, 2009-10 or 2010-11, even¹ that's nothing.

¹to say nothing of actually bad winters, eg 1940 and 1947.

Reactions: 4
I think everyone has maybe got used to being cold. We had the heating on 21° all the time we were at home and awake before we left the uk nearly 10 years ago ( not rich people, I’m a teacher, I can’t remember anything about fuel bills except we always paid them). I just looked up and the temperature today where my mum is is a maximum of 4°, freezing overnight. I think huge rises in fuel costs have made people put up with things they never would a few years ago. :(
Apart from the very cold spell a little while ago and the last few days, where I am it’s been relatively dry while it’s been cold which makes it feel warmer, especially inside where you’re largely protected from any cold breezes, than the normal British damp cold that penetrates everywhere and everything. So I don’t think it’s just that people are used to being cold, it genuinely feels milder than last winter even if in temp terms it’s been similar to normal.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.