Roadside Mum #4 Let me tell you in excessive detail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She definitely is. I don’t think her kids are thugs though.

The best ones are when she has completely misunderstood something and accuses others of being dense
Sorry, it was mean to call them thugs. The poor things have to live with her.

Reactions: 8
But charities do need to pay staff to fundraise and manage volunteers etc and if they are helping feed people?
Absolutely charities do need to pay for a certain amount of paid for labour, the whole thing can rarely be run by unpaid volunteers. But there are definitely small charities out there that manage to keep their costs down and take a much lower % of the donations given to use on salaries. I worked (well worked for free)! for one once with a board of volunteer trustees from various walks of life that gave their skills for free in terms of running the business side of things, and then the only actual ‘wage’ paid out was to an admin assistant to do the day to day bits.

I think the point here was that the amount paid as wages was more than the amount being used to give to people in need. If 50% of what you donate gets used in overheads aren’t you better off donating to a different food bank that has a lower wage cost so more of what you donate actually goes to the cause.

I’ve always thought that all charities should have to publish a figure on every single social media/marketing post being clear about what % of each £1 donated is used in operating costs. People could then make informed choices where to donate their cash.

Oh and the biggest problem with this particular charity I guess is the big wage being paid out is going to the person who founded the charity. Was their no better way they could give back to their community than make themselves a £35k job! What warrants a full time person in a £35k roll when your charity has such low income and RSM seems to do all your fundraising for you for free 😂😂!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
@Dizzymuffin - my opinion entirely. £35k salary from being an unemployed “creative” needing foodbanks yourself is quite the leap. Especially when you have set up the foodbank yourself. And get 35 unpaid volunteers to do the heavy lifting.

Reactions: 6
@Dizzymuffin - my opinion entirely. £35k salary from being an unemployed “creative” needing foodbanks yourself is quite the leap. Especially when you have set up the foodbank yourself. And get 35 unpaid volunteers to do the heavy lifting.
100% off the donated money could have gone to another local food bank with lower overheads and a larger proportion could have made it to the people in need.

I’ve noticed that RSM is using ‘we’ a lot more when referring to humansmcr as opposed to ‘they’. I wonder what made her choose this particular food bank over the 100s out there she could have supported

Reactions: 9
100% off the donated money could have gone to another local food bank with lower overheads and a larger proportion could have made it to the people in need.

I’ve noticed that RSM is using ‘we’ a lot more when referring to humansmcr as opposed to ‘they’. I wonder what made her choose this particular food bank over the 100s out there she could have supported
My theory is her eldest is involved with it somehow. From what she’s said about where she lives it sounds fairly consistently too south to be Manchester, but I think I remember her saying her eldest lived quite a distance away. A personal connection like that would explain the we and her investment.

My theory is her eldest is involved with it somehow. From what she’s said about where she lives it sounds fairly consistently too south to be Manchester, but I think I remember her saying her eldest lived quite a distance away. A personal connection like that would explain the we and her investment.
That is a clever theory, I completely agree. I always forget there is an older child as he/she is hardly ever mentioned! So does the eldest have a different dad too the younger two? No judgement just interested in the mythical roadside eldest

That is a clever theory, I completely agree. I always forget there is an older child as he/she is hardly ever mentioned! So does the eldest have a different dad too the younger two? No judgement just interested in the mythical roadside eldest
In their 20s… I want to say female? Disabled (epilepsy?), can’t work, POOR. Etc etc. Possibly Queer, maybe?. I remember bits and pieces. Doesn’t live close to RSM and hasn’t for many years?

There is one on the About Us page on that charity that leaped out at me as having that pursed-lipped rictus sneer that an RSM offspring might have, but is probably too old. Unless it IS her, but probably too young.

Reactions: 4
In their 20s… I want to say female? Disabled (epilepsy?), can’t work, POOR. Etc etc. Possibly Queer, maybe?. I remember bits and pieces. Doesn’t live close to RSM and hasn’t for many years?
This matches my recollection. I think like with the younger ones she’s never explicitly said gender but I also feel like female was heavily implied.

I also think I remember that RSD wasn’t the eldest’s father but I wouldn’t swear to that.

Here we go, screenies on the Eldest
Screenshot_20221121_111111.jpg
Screenshot_20221121_111152.jpg
Screenshot_20221121_111217.jpg
Screenshot_20221121_111251.jpg
Screenshot_20221121_111310.jpg
Screenshot_20221121_111348.jpg
Screenshot_20221121_111425.jpg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
How do seizures make you regularly smash phones? I understand how it could happen but surely if it is something regular then don’t have phone on you, buy a rubber cover or something.

How do seizures make you regularly smash phones? I understand how it could happen but surely if it is something regular then don’t have phone on you, buy a rubber cover or something.
Yeah you would think you would buy a sturdy screen protected and a rubber case after literally the first time this happened. Some people just don’t want solutions though

Honesty I can see, in the sense of bluntness.

Kindness involves not telling people to go and boil their own heads though.

In other words she wants to date someone who will also spend all day wallowing in self pity with her.

So I stand by my point that she should get with Jack Monroe 😅

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.