Roadside Mum #4 Let me tell you in excessive detail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She knows she’s not capable of homeschool, she’s said as much and she doesn’t actually seem to enjoy it. The horrible irony being this is far more likely to attract negative attention and scrutiny.
Yes it reads from her tweets, which is the only information given and provided by her, that she can't be bothered with the school system, looked for excuses to withdraw her children, yet is incapable of providing any alternative.
In a way I sympathise - school can be an endless treadmill of timekeeping, having your beloved children out of your perimeter for hours on end (which can be stressful and worrying) and expense. But wanting long lie ins is really not a justifiable reason to exclude them from it. And you really need to be organised and dedicated to provide good home education.

Reactions: 10
The woman has a job: writing, I mean editing, a zine.

RM set it up so she could work around her illness. That was her career plan.

Not many of us receive our money before the week's skills and labour [how many £ @FlashBoof?]

WRITE THE ZINE YOU BULLSHITTER!

13 October 2022View attachment 1647424

January 2022

View attachment 1647425
Wtf is she on about? I work for a food retailer and get paid above living wage and get frequent 'extra' discounts. Is she really using poor as a bleeping excuse for not working? Lazy witch

Am I reading that wrong? I'm so sceptical at this point about her alleged illness and honestly I don't have time for it either. There are plenty of people with severe conditions who still have to go and do a real job to make ends meet and they don't make it their entire personality - myself one of them. Send your brat to school and do a few hours actual work a week 🙄 there's no reason she can't have a work from home job when that's what she's claiming to do already, maybe then she can give her poor poverty stricken children a better life rather than the victorian level poorness she describes it as herself.

Reactions: 12
She literally is the Poorest Poor to ever be Poor isn’t she, @Sillybillyy

That heart attack in a bowl recipe that she shared (with very detailed costing on what she paid for it) was not good. Mainly because she has wittered on frequently about both her and her kids being overweight. And it was rendered completely pointless because she didn’t pay for most of it. Because she can’t even admit at this point that she does spend money on food - not if she is going all guns blazing on the heating or eating scrounge this winter.

Regardless of her level of fitness or activity, she should be doing the zine. She makes out she has created a career for herself and “20 odd others”. No she hasn’t. She has monetised her tweets for free wheelchairs, holidays and donations for replacement toasters full of fox shite. If you can call that a career - it’s done our Jackie all right to be fair.

She literally is the Poorest Poor to ever be Poor isn’t she, @Sillybillyy

That heart attack in a bowl recipe that she shared (with very detailed costing on what she paid for it) was not good. Mainly because she has wittered on frequently about both her and her kids being overweight. And it was rendered completely pointless because she didn’t pay for most of it. Because she can’t even admit at this point that she does spend money on food - not if she is going all guns blazing on the heating or eating scrounge this winter.

Regardless of her level of fitness or activity, she should be doing the zine. She makes out she has created a career for herself and “20 odd others”. No she hasn’t. She has monetised her tweets for free wheelchairs, holidays and donations for replacement toasters full of fox shite. If you can call that a career - it’s done our Jackie all right to be fair.
Exactly. If she can sit up in bed and have a go at people over twitter in 20 or so paragraphs there's no excuse

Reactions: 9
I see Alton Towers have the gold star for bowing and scraping to our resident harrasser of Customer Service reps. I hope the poor team responsible for looking after them get bonuses.

I guess the zine will be taking a back seat again this week now. Shame as I bet the 20 odd contributors would love to take their families to Alton Towers for their Scarefest. Or maybe just top up the gas meter and buy a cheap airfryer from Iceland, eh RSM?

• Sad
Indeed. And do these (a selection of tweets from the past week) read like the tweets of someone with the means to take their family to Alton Towers on a whim? I'm not begrudging the kids their treat (God knows they deserve it knowing what they have to put up with at home), but one minute she's acting like every single penny has to be accounted for, the next she's heading off to what's probably the most spenny theme park in the country (even with any disabled person's concession she's entitled to, it'll still have been a fair whack). As ever, things just don't add up.

Screenshot_20221016-090326_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20221016-090355_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20221016-090433_Twitter.jpg

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
She is unbelievable.

I'm delighted the kids had a great day.

I bet the tale of the 2nd set of wheelchair batteries starts something like, "The kids mucked up the charging while they were doing the washing", or "RD is so annoying"

She is unbelievably awful

Reactions: 11
Yes - one of the kids probably unplugged it or something. It definitely wouldn’t have been her fault.

I know this is going to be portrayed as. “My kids can’t even have a day out without being trolled” but it really is a disgrace that she has unabashedly spent the last few months doing more holidays and day trips than quite literally anyone else I know (rich or poor) and is still trying to pretend she can’t put the heating on and is eating out of literal bins. And not doing the zine or ensuring her contributors get their dues.

BTW - I went to check the actual anniversary of Hattie Gladwells book (as I knew it was October) and it has been purged from the Unbound website completely. The only evidence of it ever existing is an unused Twitter account with dead links (that will probably get deactivated when this has been caught up on).

So, only another 3 odd years to pretend to be writing the Zine, RSM and you too can get out of jail free with it.

Unbound should be ashamed of themselves to grace these people with any modicum of credibility and I will never donate to a single book they are involved with.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 13
That day really couldn’t have gone more perfectly could it?
RSM gets to have a disability related crisis, generating sympathy and content
Kids get a lovely day out without their dreadful mother haranguing and punishing them for transgressions all day!

Reactions: 8
BTW - I went to check the actual anniversary of Hattie Gladwells book (as I knew it was October) and it has been purged from the Unbound website completely. The only evidence of it ever existing is an unused Twitter account with dead links (that will probably get deactivated when this has been caught up on).
The funders will have received a full refund or the option to transfer the money to a different book, this is what happened to me when a book I funded wasn't published.
Edited to add screenshot from the FAQ

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Yes - one of the kids probably unplugged it or something. It definitely wouldn’t have been her fault.

I know this is going to be portrayed as. “My kids can’t even have a day out without being trolled” but it really is a disgrace that she has unabashedly spent the last few months doing more holidays and day trips than quite literally anyone else I know (rich or poor) and is still trying to pretend she can’t put the heating on and is eating out of literal bins. And not doing the zine or ensuring her contributors get their dues.

So, only another 3 odd years to pretend to be writing the Zine, RSM and you too can get out of jail free with it.

Unbound should be ashamed of themselves to grace these people with any modicum of credibility and I will never donate to a single book they are involved with.
I do feel bad that grifters put people off supporting things like Unbound or Patreon, as personally I've had very positive experience with both - three lovely, very niche craft books via Unbound, and a lot of excellent content via Patreon as well. As someone commented upthread, you do get the refund/transfer option on Unbound. I think RSM/Jack Monroe pull a lot of "feel good" contributors via Twitter, rather than people who are actually looking forward to the end product, can't believe that anyone actually wanted to read the book as opposed to wanting to see their words in print (I sympathise) or a warm feeling of being on the right side of history / "paying it forward".

Really good to hear the positive side of Patreon and Unbound.

And FlashBoof, I really enjoy the food from bins stuff. I think it's a fantastic way to deal with food waste and, time permitting, I'd participate in a similar programme. It would please me, and I love creative cooking.

There, Roadsidemum, two positive notes from me. I look forward to the zine progress update this week.

Screenshot_20221016_212819.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I do feel bad that grifters put people off supporting things like Unbound or Patreon, as personally I've had very positive experience with both - three lovely, very niche craft books via Unbound, and a lot of excellent content via Patreon as well. As someone commented upthread, you do get the refund/transfer option on Unbound. I think RSM/Jack Monroe pull a lot of "feel good" contributors via Twitter, rather than people who are actually looking forward to the end product, can't believe that anyone actually wanted to read the book as opposed to wanting to see their words in print (I sympathise) or a warm feeling of being on the right side of history / "paying it forward".
It’s like anything else, isn’t it? There’s nothing wrong with the sites, but scammers/grifters will use any avenue they can to scam and grift. It’s who you’re supporting rather than the site they’re using for the main part.

I’m really glad as PP said her kids got to have a good day at Alton towers, and even more that the staff member(s) took them off so they got at least a short period of time that was about them and not their mum and her dramas.

I agree on the principle of her day trips not matching up with her money worries, but for this if she used one of the eternal 2 for 1 offers with LO and got RN in as her carer she probably got the three of them in for the price of one ticket which makes it less extortionate presuming she’s local to it and didn’t spend hundreds of pounds in petrol.

Reactions: 5
I think it’s been mentioned in previous threads about the Unbound “credit” and issues around getting actual money back. It’s a palaver. It should be a direct refund to the method of payment - and contact with the payee made if that fails (bank card expiry - which, let’s face it, after 4 years is an almost certainty). The “credit” is another layer of faff that will definitely result in Unbound having money for nothing.

I am glad lots have had value from their projects. But (again) it goes back to the actual people targeted by our grifters. Hattie/Jack/RSM are not targeting people with disposable income to treat themselves to niche interest publications. They pull on the heartstrings of poor people who see them as “one of us”.

BTW - big big fan of reducing food waste myself Wooh. Not such a big fan of someone who constantly uses worthwhile projects to portray abject poverty and “We would literally starve if it wasn’t for RSD and his freebies” message constantly shoved down our throats.

Reactions: 7
I think it’s been mentioned in previous threads about the Unbound “credit” and issues around getting actual money back. It’s a palaver. It should be a direct refund to the method of payment - and contact with the payee made if that fails (bank card expiry - which, let’s face it, after 4 years is an almost certainty). The “credit” is another layer of faff that will definitely result in Unbound having money for nothing.

I am glad lots have had value from their projects. But (again) it goes back to the actual people targeted by our grifters. Hattie/Jack/RSM are not targeting people with disposable income to treat themselves to niche interest publications. They pull on the heartstrings of poor people who see them as “one of us”.

BTW - big big fan of reducing food waste myself Wooh. Not such a big fan of someone who constantly uses worthwhile projects to portray abject poverty and “We would literally starve if it wasn’t for RSD and his freebies” message constantly shoved down our throats.
Slightly off topic, but Tesco in particular has gone all in on giving away the unsold food via community projects, Olio etc yes it’s good that the food is saved from going into the bin (and Tesco don’t have to pay to dispose of it) but it’s an unreliable food source. Lovely to get a pile of bread, rolls and pastries, beyond that the fruit and veg will be on its last legs and the odd sandwich/ready meal/salad or pack of ham. It couldn’t “feed” a person, it’s a freebie to augment your supplies

Reactions: 6
She frequently mentions her kids' 'pocket money ' and I know I'm a petty witch but that's a red flag for me. I grew up in a household without a lot of money and our parents did their best but they couldn't stretch to pocket money. And we weren't anywhere near as poor as RM claims to be.

I never got a penny of pocket money after my first babysitting job aged 11. But then, we were poor for real, not pretend.

A business I worked for 6 years ago instigated giving their food waste to staff on shift (from various concession stands and franchise outlets). It was/is a massive ballache to manage because you had to police staff not (stealing) saving “waste” for distributing at end of a closedown shift. It did/does save them a fortune in commercial waste collections though. The environment was barely an afterthought.

Reactions: 7
I never got a penny of pocket money after my first babysitting job aged 11. But then, we were poor for real, not pretend.

A business I worked for 6 years ago instigated giving their food waste to staff on shift (from various concession stands and franchise outlets). It was/is a massive ballache to manage because you had to police staff not (stealing) saving “waste” for distributing at end of a closedown shift. It did/does save them a fortune in commercial waste collections though. The environment was barely an afterthought.
Yeah it’s a money saver, greenwash and CSR all in one.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.