Roadside Mum #4 Let me tell you in excessive detail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
L-O-L.

"Project is still on, but..."

She's handing over the reins to someone else (maybe Jack, just to ensure it never sees the light of day)? She's having to re-open submissions because of her exacting standards? The contributors fortunate enough to have got past her ruthless editing are no longer being paid because the money's gone on yachting lessons?

I can barely stand the anticipation.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Banana bread is so 2020!

why is she making a recipe if it takes An hour in the oven. She could have made banana pancakes or smoothies or milkshakes.
And about to sound all Tory here but I bet she can find the gin money ok

Reactions: 7
Rattle Rattle.

But still no announcement on what’s happening to the tens of thousands she raised whilst pretending to “work” on a book other people have written and want paying for.
She's clearly waiting for someone to say "just sent you £20 for LO!"

Reactions: 11
My god - we are getting a multi tweet patronising load of nonsense that will be scaring her more gullible followers more than helping them.

What we are not getting is a zine update. I think yesterday was testing the water as to how much notice the zine has or had. And judging by the interaction on her announcement tweeet, I am guessing she thinks she can do a Hattie and Minor Grifter now and pretend it’s in perpetual development or edits.

RIP zine. Sorry to those people hoping that their £250 might come through for the kids summer holidays, or for the huge bills and mould combatting you apparently now have to deal with. Because my guess is you won’t see a penny of it. Ever.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
i haven't kept up here in the longest time, but she's here doling out advice on what to do when clothes get mouldy?!

Screenshot_20220728-233816_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
If the zine ever sees the light of day, I'll delete my tattle account.

It's exactly as was called by every poster on her threads. No book. No payments. Nothing for the contributors or supporters. You could set your watch by the timing of the setbacks these crowdfunders seem to face once the money's been paid and the product is due.

There needs to be some form of regulation for things like this. Hopefully some of those who supported it either by pledges or by submitting work for inclusion will call her and Unbound out. I think it's obscene that she's been able to string vulnerable people along in this manner.

Reactions: 15
If it doesn’t get published, will the people who crowdfunded it get their money back? Because that’s the con of the century if not.

Reactions: 8
This crowdfunder is even worse as not only have people paid for something, but people have given up their time writing articles, under very unclear guidelines, for a payment that they had no idea whether they were ever going to get. Absolutely disgusting.

Reactions: 12
If it doesn’t get published, will the people who crowdfunded it get their money back? Because that’s the con of the century if not.
Ask Hattie Gladwells backers. It will be four years in October when she announced she had reached her targets and Unbound have had the book “in edits” ever since.

What is less clear is what happens to the money in the interim - I don’t know if it is held by Unbound until a product is produced or if it is paid in stages like an advance etc (unlike the minor grifter who got her £6.5k immediately because she didn’t use Unbound - she used Kickstarter, I think). Either way, the people who paid and the people who wrote submissions are gettingfucked over whilst our favourite doom laden misery guts decides to spend all night tweeting about how we are all either going to freeze to death or die of mould related diseases. But she is faaaaar too poorly to actually do any real work. At least of her book was out, the poor would have a voice during this catastrophic fuel crisis, eh RSM?

• Wow
Reactions: 17
It's all fun and games when you rant about Catherine and the yacht club, but

This moment is captured: we see you, Roadsidemum.

Reactions: 6
Just for Google - RoadsideMum - aka Louisa Britain had promised an update on where her “Voice of the Poor” collection of essays currently stands. Instead, after 24 hours with less than a 100 interactions on her pinned tweet professing an update, she quietly disposed of its pinned status in favour of a nigh on 30 tweet thread on how to live like a Dickensian waif.

The people who have contributed that actual content and the people who contributed cold hard cash are still none the wiser. Meanwhile, when it was commissioned, and contributions were requested, it was prior to the Ukraine situation and the energy crisis - so all the contributions are now out of date and the contributors (who HAD to be poor) are now in an even worse state than they were before they were banking on £250 to help them out.

Think that kinda sums up the ghoul.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
PS - Much too busy/chronic illness to update you on your book you paid for/wrote a submission for…but not to busy to put your oar in here.

Btw - I read that inserting allegedly does not absolve you from libel/slander etc. So, to add, I imagine William has a perfectly vanilla sex life with only his wife and the hashtags and trending are scurrilous and unbelievable.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Well it's almost past lunchtime and still no sign of an explanation/update on the zine. Everyone got their cushions ready to chuck at her? I'd be happy to throw the entire bloody sofa to be honest.

OK, ignore me, this didn't show up the first time I checked her timeline for some reason.

Screenshot_20220730-141010_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220730-141016_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220730-141022_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220730-141029_Twitter.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
That sounds like a benefit compliance interview to me.

'It's not my account they're sending money to, don't know what you're talking about, that's not my email (hastily deletes mac account without realising the consequences of this)'

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.