Roadside Mum #2 Delete your account!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@HotesTilaire will you now experiment with some groceries and maybe winter pyjamas?
Er well I bought some pyjamas the other day! They were from Primark. Despite having terrible nails I resisted buying plastic ones for £3 and just bought what I needed. I am thinking of feeding myself on ready meals, tinned soup and maybe cooking some recipes I have recipe cards for when I’m up to it.
Am I doing poor wrong?

Reactions: 11
Er well I bought some pyjamas the other day! They were from Primark. Despite having terrible nails I resisted buying plastic ones for £3 and just bought what I needed. I am thinking of feeding myself on ready meals, tinned soup and maybe cooking some recipes I have recipe cards for when I’m up to it.
Am I doing poor wrong?

Unless they’re non existent beige slop recipe cards then yeah sorry you are

(Slight JM derail, sorry! However I’m not entirely unconvinced the online personas of RM and JM aren’t interlinked…..)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Am I doing poor wrong?
Yes. You need to document it in a 35 tweet thread. Make sure you include how the assistant at Primark looked down their nose at you, and how you had an altercation with the security guard because he gave you a funny look due to you wearing the wrong kind of shoes (roller blades) and talked to you in a menacing tone (you didn’t hear the actual words he said but picked up on the ‘tone’, learned from your Hells Angels mates. Obvs).

Or something.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I know a certain minor player isn't "worthy of a mention here" but I notice RSM is no longer following her. Did anyone see what happened?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Yes. You need to document it in a 35 tweet thread. Make sure you include how the assistant at Primark looked down their nose at you, and how you had an altercation with the security guard because he gave you a funny look due to you wearing the wrong kind of shoes (roller blades) and talked to you in a menacing tone (you didn’t hear the actual words he said but picked up on the ‘tone’, learned from your Hells Angels mates. Obvs).

Or something.
Last time I went in Primark, Ihad to return two items (identical) the lady serving me had a visible disability. When I got home I noticed on the receipt she had only refunded £8, but I’d returned two £8 items so it should have been £16. As I’m not stoney broke I didn’t bother ringing the store or going back because I just thought I didn’t want her to get in trouble.

Buy my book?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Why on earth is she doing this for a book which hasn't even reached its publishing funding goal yet? I mean, it's a book which doesn't exist. <Answering own question> She's probably looking for some charity contacts she can target directly for donations -

Screenshot 2021-11-27 at 13.41.03.png

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Why on earth is she doing this for a book which hasn't even reached its publishing funding goal yet? I mean, it's a book which doesn't exist. <Answering own question> She's probably looking for some charity contacts she can target directly for donations -

View attachment 891134

How about the charities and the people she's been asking for money from being able to be sure RM exists and what she does?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
If I was struggling financially, to the point where I was in contact with a charity, the last thing I’d be wanting was a book about poverty when I’m actually living it. In fact, bypass the book and just send me the cash, eh?

And I would be really pissed off if any charity I was involved in put money into this.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
If I was struggling financially, to the point where I was in contact with a charity, the last thing I’d be wanting was a book about poverty when I’m actually living it. In fact, bypass the book and just send me the cash, eh?

And I would be really pissed off if any charity I was involved in put money into this.
And surely registered charities have to do due diligence anyway, they can't just give money away to some random on the internet.

Well it’s obvious is t it? If St Finbars’ Old People Day Centre emails and says they would like a book, then RSM can use that as a stick to beat non-donors with (old people won’t get their book unless I reach my goal)

The way that’s written, you can feel the lack of effort dripping from it. Also she forgot “foodbank” or did she...

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Her persona of outrage is old schtick.

I just searched "traveller (from:roadsidemum)" and see the last reference to the GRT community and race is 22 Oct, which is three days before the zine launch

Bandwagon!
Ain't got no time for GRT folk now, I'm a zine compiler who can't write 200 word updates for it

Not one reference to GRT since her new hobby was released like the hounds at a hunt

• Sad
What the hell is she on about? Yeah, the comment by the squig was stupid, but not sure that reply was necessary.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Whilst I agree that OP's comment was stupid, RSM does the poverty movement no favours because her tweets make her sound like she's lost a few screws. Three tweets to say an awful lot of nonsense really.
Oh dear. She seems to think her irony is deeply witty and cutting.
It just sounds like something Rik from The Young Ones would come up with 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I know a certain minor player isn't "worthy of a mention here" but I notice RSM is no longer following her. Did anyone see what happened?
i follow the other account but I do like her , she’s real and she’s genuine.

she definitely is not a Roadside Mum.

Reactions: 2
This is the thing isn’t it, people are taking her at face value that she’s who she says she is, but if she’s seriously considering working with charities and there is money involved, she will either have to reveal herself in order to prove her trustworthiness or she will vanish into thin air.

Though sometimes i think her rants alone will be enough to turn most people off. Lots seemed to follow in good faith because of her original cause with the school meals, but those 24 tweet threads are enough to make you want to throw your phone into the nearest lake.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.