Roadside Mum #2 Delete your account!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's "cooking bacon" aka the scraps from the factory floor, as recommended by Jack Monroe during Veganuary.

Reactions: 11
It's "cooking bacon" aka the scraps from the factory floor, as recommended by Jack Monroe during Veganuary.
Yeah it’s apparently like a waste byproduct. Like broken biscuits.
Dunno bacon seems cheap in general
Obviously it’s not free range organic bacon
Didn’t they kill all the pigs recently because there wasn’t enough butchers?

F0D2CCC3-3872-4FE6-8BF1-33F0D0257556.jpeg

Reactions: 7
Oh the world is awful to animals

One other thing, RM's just finished a 20-tweet about her serious ME fatigue, instead of writing a 200 word update on her zine

Which would you choose?
Ummm the book's going to be an issue if she can\t even get it together to write 200 words.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
‘I don’t have the strength to type 200 words for work, so here’s 200 words on Twitter about how I can’t type 200 words instead. Thread 1/45’

• Haha
Reactions: 24
‘I don’t have the strength to type 200 words for work, so here’s 200 words on Twitter about how I can’t type 200 words instead. Thread 1/45’
tbf, she's got to make the 200 words make more sense than her bizarro twitter threads.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It will hardly induce people to back her book proposal if she's advertising that she can't write a 200 word project update. Idiot.

Reactions: 12
It will hardly induce people to back her book proposal if she's advertising that she can't write a 200 word project update. Idiot.
These are probably the suckers who already pledged.
“Hi all I’m still looking for backers for the rest of the cash, tell your friends! Also I’m so tired and everything hurts and poor”
Just copy and paste that about 10 times should do it RSM

• Haha
Reactions: 8
That's because RSM isn't writing it is she? She's paying contributers a fee to write the book, then cashing in on the profits. She's the "editor".

• Wow
Reactions: 8
That's because RSM isn't writing it is she? She's paying contributers a fee to write the book, then cashing in on the profits. She's the "editor".
She said in her latest word salad thread that she needs to write 200 words for her book project backers but can’t manage it because she’s exhausted and then went on to write an approximately 200 word thread about how exhausted she is instead. I’ll forgive you if you didn’t get that far into her thread before falling asleep or gouging your eyes out though 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ummm the book's going to be an issue if she can\t even get it together to write 200 words.
I meant to quote this one, sorry for the confusion @FrannyGallops 🙈 I meant, it doesn't matter that she can't write 200 words because she isn't writing the book despite sharing the profits for it... which I think is a bit cheeky.

But no, I didn't read her ridiculous thread. Too much word salad for me. I have better things to do with my time than read her nonsensical ramblings.

ETA: I read the long thread and now I'm just very sad. Her kids are basically neglected aren't they? I understand she's ill, but why hasn't she had an adult social care assessment? A carer should be helping her dress and undress not two primary school aged children, let alone cook dinner "or they won't eat". If I ever get so ill that my three children have to give up their childhoods, slap me... hard. Because I should be doing everything in my power to make sure that doesn't happen, and that I have a carer who can adequately assist me.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I meant to quote this one, sorry for the confusion @FrannyGallops 🙈 I meant, it doesn't matter that she can't write 200 words because she isn't writing the book despite sharing the profits for it... which I think is a bit cheeky.

But no, I didn't read her ridiculous thread. Too much word salad for me. I have better things to do with my time than read her nonsensical ramblings.

ETA: I read the long thread and now I'm just very sad. Her kids are basically neglected aren't they? I understand she's ill, but why hasn't she had an adult social care assessment? A carer should be helping her dress and undress not two primary school aged children, let alone cook dinner "or they won't eat". If I ever get so ill that my three children have to give up their childhoods, slap me... hard. Because I should be doing everything in my power to make sure that doesn't happen, and that I have a carer who can adequately assist me.
Her thread absolutely broke my heart for her children. The idea of RN, who she's posted numerous times has food related issues, having to cook or they won't eat in particular just got me. And the line about "with the jeans still on if the kids are in a huff"... that's not their job, those poor children if that's the guilting they get. I know it's hard to admit you need help, but she clearly does and it would absolutely be a weight off of all of them.

It really doesn't sound like she's safe to drive either (in the described scenario not a general statement of people with ME), despite her disclaimers about carefully.

It reminds me of JM and the post about her son needing to check she's breathing... the type of thing you just desperately hope is exaggerated and overegged for twitter.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I hope it is vastly overegged too. Those are primary-aged kids - RN, RL, and SB.

If her "editor" had any nous and liked the book idea (whyyyyyy???), they'd get a researcher onto it and have it done within a month. Cut out the gobshite entirely. Perhaps that's what is happening and the gobshite is just drumming up the guilty middle-class customer base who'll feel virtuous buying a copy for the food bank.

IF this literary ball sack ever comes to be published one of us is going to have to take one for the team and read it. 🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@CabalofBolorneaise agree (if the kids actually exist). And also, the fact that’s she’s so hard on RN but expects her to make everyone’s meals. RSM is not a nice person and she doesn’t sound like a particularly good mother either (I’m not talking about disabled parents here btw, just the way RSM treats her offspring, with RLO being the clear favourite and the way she talks about RN).

Sounds like her kids are young carers. I hope they have acces to good support through their school/local council, I know my council offers R&R holidays for young carers so hopefully they have something similar

Yeah I just got my benefits and paid my bills 30 mins ago....poof, just like that it’s all gone bar £200. Am I poor now? Can I have a free book about being poor please? Or money to the value of said book.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.