Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Truthslayer

VIP Member
Yeah, one where they talked like they were the first women to ever have babies 😂 I hardly ever listen to her podcasts anymore but it had some classic dim Rhiannon comments. Or at least comments that made her sound like she is a bit of an out of touch moron who grew up in some weird bubble.
Firstly, and not the only time she’s said this, that as a now 33 year old woman (so born approx 89) she is so grateful they didn’t have social media, mobile phones or internet when growing up. I’m 4 years older than her and had a mobile phone at 14, MSN messenger at 15, MySpace at say 16, Facebook at 19. Every teenager had MySpace, Facebook, MSN messenger and a Nokia phone and our generation invented cyber bullying and she’s 4 years younger so that stuff was definitely very prolific whether she had it or not. Instagram was not the beginning of social media. I guess she was probably too busy warbling at opera lessons to flirt with boys on MSN or MySpace/Facebook but it all existed hun.

Secondly her explaining, incorrectly, what a childminder is like no one else would have heard of this niche thing she heard of growing up. Except in Rhiannon’s world it’s a club parents join called “Childminders” (kind of like weightwatchers 😂) and a group of presumably non DBS checked parents just taking turns taking care of each other’s kids. Just weird.

This surprises me. I’m currently pregnant and being strongly monitored so I do not gain too much weight.
Agree 100%.

Re the weight thing, I only recall being weighed twice during my whole pregnancy. Maybe it varies regionally.

LewyB

I’m confused. I agree completely, I mean she’s so bizarrely out of touch in a posh way that it’s hilarious at times. But did someone say she was working class? 🤣
she claims to come from working class roots. I think she just means she wasn’t born with a silver spoon which is fair.

Also, anyone can act “posh” - she went to a dog-rough school that got closed down it was so shit. Had she been that “posh”, she’d definitely have attended a better school.

She aspired to be posh and better off. Nothing essentially wrong with that.

HOWEVER…
You can of course come into a little bit more money and become a punk…and be out of touch. Which is never a good thing as you can be up there..and right back down again. Humility goes a long way.

uberoblique

Chatty Member
Where does she live? She must be really close to me as she keeps tagging my pregnancy yoga teacher & had her maternity photos taken by someone in the next village.

Truthslayer

VIP Member
Quite surprised Rhi is being open about how much she’s struggling. I’m wondering if the gender disappointment is clouding things.

She also bashes people for giving nutrition advice “unqualified”. I’m curious what qualifications she has for this..🤔
I mean in fairness she is pretty qualified to be giving nutrition advice by most standards. A BSc and MSc in nutrition. However she really clings on to this to back up her BS copy and paste job that anyone can do.

clsocial

I think it’s great to see she is more relaxed with the bottle and giving formula. But I don’t really understand giving formula if she is pumping.
Breast milk reduces if you combi-feed with formula (as you supply what the baby needs), so presumably she is pumping to keep up supplies.

anom1289

Hi all, new to this thread. She just popped up on my insta again after following her years ago and I noticed she had a new book but when I googled it saw in the first post on this thread that she regurgitates other people’s books for her own, can anyone recommend books by decent, qualified nutritionists who haven’t done this?