Retro toys !

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my good God! That top one was called Baby Beans because their body was a bean bag. This was my very first doll. I might have a tear in my eye.
I can still remember being in the shop and choosing my one. There were 3 in pink, yellow and orange outfits.

Reactions: 1
Girls World Fashion Designer, I had one and absolutely loved it and then years later I bought the same one on eBay and my daughter played with it.
You would select a hairstyle, top/blouse and skirt/trousers then put paper over them, put the frame down and use a crayon to trace the image onto paper and then colour it in.
I'd forgotten all about this- I loved it! My eldest would love this, I'll have to see if I can find anything similar.

I've still got these 2. My cousin had 2 Thumbelinas and mine has an unfortunate hairstyle due to being carried by her hair/ my attempt at a haircut.View attachment 2341628

View attachment 2341629

Has anyone ever had to mend a Sindy? About 5 years ago, I found mine and the elastic band in her waist had dried out and she was in 2 halves. I performed First Aid by putting her in a jumpsuit...
looks like one of The Riddlers 😂
---
I had this bedroom set
I had all of my sisters hand me downs and I remember playing with this with my Barbies! I remember one of the legs being broken on the dressing table and getting annoyed having to balance it against something.
I also cut Sindy’s hair to make her into one of Barbies boyfriends cos I only had one Ken 😂
---
Awe, I'm glad I've found this thread. I vaguely remember in the 80s having a chicaboo (?) and a pink snugglebum that glowed when you hugged it. There was a family to collect but my parents only let me have one. I always wanted a my little pony too. Ooh and Little Professor! I loved maths.
I LOVED my Chicaboo! My sister had a girl one and I had a boy one! Wish I’d kept it!

2EE82576-0E1E-42D2-B0C9-B1F679351614.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Omg I had this too - that picture has brought back so many memories
Out of curiosity I looked on eBay and Vinted and found one. My daughter is only 2 and a half but I’m going to keep it for when she’s a bit older. My mum had kept mine and loads of other bits but they were ruined by a leak 😭😭

Reactions: 2
I'm not sure it was considered a toy exactly but these threads can't go without mentioning that Mr Frosty slushy maker was overhyped cack.
Me and my sister always wanted one and never got it, I know they're crap but I saw one online a while ago and was so tempted to buy it 🤣
Anyone remember skip it's? From the early ish 90s? They banned them at my school because so many people got injured 🤣 a lot of children's toys from thag time were probably quite dangerous compared.to now

God I can feel my fingers getting hit by them still
Lucky it was only your fingers. I loved mine. I do remember them being banned at school though. It must have been dangerous for something to get banned in the '70's.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Me and my sister always wanted one and never got it, I know they're crap but I saw one online a while ago and was so tempted to buy it 🤣
Anyone remember skip it's? From the early ish 90s? They banned them at my school because so many people got injured 🤣 a lot of children's toys from thag time were probably quite dangerous compared.to now
They were banned at my school too. I liked the skip-it but it didn't half hurt when it clonked your other ankle. I preferred my disco ball (it looked like Saturn and you bounced on it). They banned those too 😆.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This was the much coveted wall of sound. I was so spoiled I had pretty much everything there was to own for Sindy:

f5aa6946f23c122881b8f132b3629d27.jpg

I do still buy toys, I have a few care bears kicking about and does anyone remember Wurzel and Aunt Sally with interchangeable heads? I have those too 😂
---
I am a hoarder though. My daughter used to collect Polly Pocket...

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7