Retro toys !

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had the wardrobe and bed for my Sindy. I had a couple of them and remember cutting the hair of one then was annoyed because I realised it wouldn't grow back 🤣

Reactions: 4
I'm a child of the mid 70s, so I'm.going..
Orange space hopper.
Cadburys chocolate dispenser ( the red one with the 2p's)
Post Office set
Girls World.
Fashion Wheel
Stylophone ( yes with the beaded one😬)
The pencils with loads of colours that you had to push into the arse end of the pen to use?!

And....if only...a Chopper Bike

Im sure I'll think of others 🤔🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This was my absolute favourite toy for a long time ... Fisher Price Tree House. Though mine was definitely in the '70's .

d2cfdd602bc1aa76c4bd73ccb62a747b.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm a child of the mid 70s, so I'm.going..
Orange space hopper.
Cadburys chocolate dispenser ( the red one with the 2p's)
Post Office set
Girls World.
Fashion Wheel
Stylophone ( yes with the beaded one😬)
The pencils with loads of colours that you had to push into the arse end of the pen to use?!

And....if only...a Chopper Bike

Im sure I'll think of others 🤔🤣🤣
I had all of those apart from Fashion Wheel and Stylophone. I had a Tomahawk bike. Never progressed to a Chopper.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Boys toys; I still have my original Millenium Falcon that I had as a kid around 1982 (no, the toy wasn't from 1977 when Star Wars came out).

It must be worth... oh... about £30...

Reactions: 5
Boys toys; I still have my original Millenium Falcon that I had as a kid around 1982 (no, the toy wasn't from 1977 when Star Wars came out).

It must be worth... oh... about £30...

That was an absolute must have toy at the time though.

My hubby talks about his Evil Knievel that he had and loved though apparently was a bit rubbish.

Reactions: 6
That was an absolute must have toy at the time though.

My hubby talks about his Evil Knievel that he had and loved though apparently was a bit rubbish.
I had the red wind-up thing that you'd put him and his bike on, wind-up and then let go to end up whizzing under a table and falling over?

Child of the fifties here Does anyone remember bayko building bricks prelego, I think they were made of bakelite and fitted on to metal scaffolding rods. I had one of those Ladybook type tricycles a dolls pram and a dolls house with furniture my mum made from matchboxes.

Action Man (with the lever at the back of his head that made his eyes move) :cool:
Raleigh Tomahawk bike
Meccano
Marbles
Panini football sticker albums
Airfix model kits

Reactions: 8
If you had a Raleigh Grifter on my street you were the business
My husband had a Grifter. He said that's what the cool kids had. He said it weighed an absolute ton.

My cousin fell off my Tomahawk and the pedal went into the top of her thigh. Hospital visit for her and a messy bloody pedal on my bike. Guess what I was more concerned about? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
If you had a Raleigh Grifter on my street you were the business
I inherited my older brother's red Grifter and it was soooo heavy! It was last seen gently rotting away at the back of my late grandfather's garden. My younger brother later bought the house and confirmed that it's no longer there.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I had the obligatory Barbies and Cindys. I still have one of my Barbie dolls from when I was a child back in the 1970's.
My Brother always had cooler toys than me, he had Steve Austin (Six million dollar man). Action Man with the gripping hands I could go on.

Absolutely bloody fantastic !
---
If someone bought me that now I would be made up
That's what I wanted but as a child of the mid 70s, the Sindy House retailed at approx £100 in 1982ish! My mum said that it was rubbish and made of plastic and adapted a white wooden bookcase instead!?

The two girls who lived in the larger houses over the road owned a Sindy house though.