Retro toys !

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random toys I remember from late 80s and early 90s : Oh Penny - I had the camper van , mansion and shopping mall but looked the brand up online a few years ago and there were other things like an ice cream parlour.
I also had a Chimney Pot House , Disney airport , Playmobile cafe , cabbage patch figures not the big dolls , Micro Machines , Sylvanians and many many Thomas the Tank trains .
Also does anyone remember a magazine which was out around 1990 where you got a blonde haired doll then a different career outfit for her one week it would be a ballerina the next a horse rider ?
I absolutely loved the toys of my childhood and have such nostalgia for them if I ever won the lottery I would spend a lot on eBay replacing everything I had that either got broken or thrown out .

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This was the much coveted wall of sound. I was so spoiled I had pretty much everything there was to own for Sindy:

View attachment 2344407

I do still buy toys, I have a few care bears kicking about and does anyone remember Wurzel and Aunt Sally with interchangeable heads? I have those too 😂
---
I am a hoarder though. My daughter used to collect Polly Pocket...
OMG, my friend had this and I really coveted it! I loved that the phone would ring randomly. I only had one Sindy (ballerina) and no accessories but one year my grandmother bought me the Magic Cooker, which provided hours of play.
3237D9D9-F405-4569-834D-C440C4ECE893.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Gloworm
Baby All Gone
Sylvanian Families
Polly Pocket (the one with rubber outfits)
Original Beanie Babies
Loveable Bears
Britney Spears doll with concert stage that played her songs

8d6da94eb52de8ad13d1fb7338a0b516.jpg

5cdwcyyyy4b01.jpg

images.jpg

c7afa5039160e442b6937267ffc4c9ce.jpg

raw-1210869577.jpg

71R33H2ZTML.gif
medium_2000_0101.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Gloworm
Baby All Gone
Sylvanian Families
Original Beanie Babies
Loveable Bears

View attachment 2345886

View attachment 2345842
View attachment 2345838
View attachment 2345846
View attachment 2345848
View attachment 2345854View attachment 2345856
Omg I can still.picture the jingle about baby all gone 🤣 my sister had a baby born and had to throw it away as she fed it real milk and the inside went mouldy 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I'm not sure it was considered a toy exactly but these threads can't go without mentioning that Mr Frosty slushy maker was overhyped cack.
OMG! I wanted Mr Frosty SO bad! But my Mum always said no as it was a waste of money!

Reactions: 4
OMG! I wanted Mr Frosty SO bad! But my Mum always said no as it was a waste of money!
I got lucky and got one from Santa but when the mixer you got ran out all I had left to make it with was budget cordial from fine fare 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Gloworm
Baby All Gone
Sylvanian Families
Original Beanie Babies
Loveable Bears

Those bloody things drove me mad. My two nieces were absolutely mad about them at the time and was working somewhere that was selling them. I always had to be on the look out for this bear or that bear. Also cost me because I would never take money of them for the ones I got. 🤣

I got hold of a Princess Diana one (not the really rare one I don't think ) for them.

Edit: just been looking. I remember getting a peace bear too and that's quite rare and the Valentino bear looks very familiar. Maybe I should have a word with my nieces .... 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 2
care bears and my little pony for me. i remember having sindy dolls instead of barbie too

I posted on the Barbie doll thread a few days ago and I fell down a nostalgic rabbit hole 😆 these are some toys that I always remembered

I had Cassy House one Christmas and was obsessed with it, the bedroom light used to switch on 🥺

The Skydancer spent more time in next door’s garden, bloody thing!

The Bitsy Bears were little wind up toys, I had a Bisty Bears VHS too so that must have come with one of the sets.

Those alien things were odd weren’t they? I had a purple and silver one

Attachments

Doodle bears and Betty SphaghettiView attachment 2346652
I had a doodle bear, but didn't like drawing on it because I thought it looked better clean :ROFLMAO:
---
Gloworm
Baby All Gone
Sylvanian Families
Original Beanie Babies
Loveable Bears

View attachment 2345886

View attachment 2345842
View attachment 2345838
View attachment 2345846
View attachment 2345848
View attachment 2345854View attachment 2345856
Awwww ❤ I had that exact cat beanie baby. Still got them all somewhere in the loft, must get them out some day