Retro toys !

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a pocket Simon and my brother took it apart ‘to see how it worked’.
---
We also had a ZX Spectrum that took about an hour to load. If you had a Commodore you were flash
the zx spectrum and the tape recorder you had to hook it up with and the noise as it was loading :ROFLMAO:
---
I only know them as I've seen them for sale on eBay.
---
Tiny Tears anyone?
loved my tiny tears, I loved all my dolly's, I had a doll called Drowsy she had a mop of blond hair, a cheeky face, she was soft bodied and wore a pink with white polka dot suit and when you pulled a string she spoke, I'm sure one of the things she used to say was I'm so sleepy, I remember sneaking her to school with me and one of my classmates pulled on her string to hard and broke her and she longer talked:mad:
---
If I got a Sindy house I would still be made up ! I’m 50
I always wanted the Sindy house, my best friend from school got it and it was massive, I absolutely love the proper old fashioned dolls house's one day I'll own one, however I did one year get a dolls house I think I was about 4, it was one my dad made, it was painted white with a red roof, it even had carpets, :ROFLMAO: I remember being amazed that Santa had matched it with the same carpet we had in our hall!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
the zx spectrum and the tape recorder you had to hook it up with and the noise as it was loading :ROFLMAO:
---

loved my tiny tears, I loved all my dolly's, I had a doll called Drowsy she had a mop of blond hair, a cheeky face, she was soft bodied and wore a pink with white polka dot suit and when you pulled a string she spoke, I'm sure one of the things she used to say was I'm so sleepy, I remember sneaking her to school with me and one of my classmates pulled on her string to hard and broke her and she longer talked:mad:
---

I always wanted the Sindy house, my best friend from school got it and it was massive, I absolutely love the proper old fashioned dolls house's one day I'll own one, however I did one year get a dolls house I think I was about 4, it was one my dad made, it was painted white with a red roof, it even had carpets, :ROFLMAO: I remember being amazed that Santa had matched it with the same carpet we had in our hall!
That's so cute about the carpet 🤣 I had a Cindy cafe thag had little plastic plates with croissants and a cafetiere, does sindy still exist?

Reactions: 1
I had one of those but it's a bit of a sad story - my late father had a pay rise and treated us three kids to toys from the beautiful Lewisham branch of Argos and I chose the barber shop. It was the last present he ever bought for us.*

*NB - he didn't get poisoned by imbibing the Play Doh.
---

My brother owned the yellow handheld Space Raiders game! The tune was nicked by White Town and used as the basis for his 'Your Woman' song imo.
My Sibling found his handheld space invader game before Christmas, he would sneak up the stairs whenever my parents went to the shops on the lead up to the big day to have a shot, he got sprung though, he hadn't realised it was programmed to save your last score :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
That's so cute about the carpet 🤣 I had a Cindy cafe thag had little plastic plates with croissants and a cafetiere, does sindy still exist?
just googled and after resting for many year's Sindy has been relaunched in 2023 She is available in Argos and Sainsbury, there's a vintage 1960's one available to buy on Ebay for £299, to think I used to play hairdresser's with mine and decided to cut her long blond hair and at the same time decided to cut my fringe :ROFLMAO: My Mum was furious and took me to the hairdresser's to get the rest of my hair cut short

• Haha
In the 60s my two older, and much richer, cousins had (play) telephones in their bedrooms. At the time a real telephone was a luxury - and we didn't have one of those either - but these ones were brilliant, you just dialed any number and the other phone buzzed loudly. God I was fascinated with them, I really really really really wanted them. Wouldn't have been much good as my sister & I shared a bedroom, but even so ...

(Actually, posting about this has reawakened a memory. Being younger than cousins & sister, they probably couldn't be bothered with an annoying brat tagging along and obviously wanted to shake me off to go do something more grown-up, and one day when we were up in one of their rooms, they all buggered off and left me alone. So I had a little root around (I was only about 6 or 7) I had a nosy in one of the drawers and found what I thought was part of a sugar mouse, it smelt nice and sweet and perfumey ... so I ate some of it - yuk. Turned out it was some sort of clothes freshener or mothball or something. Yeah, served me right I suppose) 😊

In the 60s my two older, and much richer, cousins had (play) telephones in their bedrooms. At the time a real telephone was a luxury - and we didn't have one of those either - but these ones were brilliant, you just dialed any number and the other phone buzzed loudly. God I was fascinated with them, I really really really really wanted them. Wouldn't have been much good as my sister & I shared a bedroom, but even so ...

(Actually, posting about this has reawakened a memory. Being younger than cousins & sister, they probably couldn't be bothered with an annoying brat tagging along and obviously wanted to shake me off to go do something more grown-up, and one day when we were up in one of their rooms, they all buggered off and left me alone. So I had a little root around (I was only about 6 or 7) I had a nosy in one of the drawers and found what I thought was part of a sugar mouse, it smelt nice and sweet and perfumey ... so I ate some of it - yuk. Turned out it was some sort of clothes freshener or mothball or something. Yeah, served me right I suppose) 😊
I never got the phones either, I had to make do with the empty tin of soup cans and string :ROFLMAO:

Does anyone remember Quints from the early 90s? I loved them and my best friend at the time had them too. When I ask around though, not many remember them. I don't think they were ever 'huge'
I didn't have Quints although I used to have a tiny doll that lived in a wee box the size of a matchbox it's body was filled with grain or something else, Can anyone remember Itsy Bitzy Bean bag Doll? my younger cousin owned one

Reactions: 2
Screenshot_20231222-124251_Samsung Internet.jpg
Did anyone have this? It felt so cutting edge!

I was passed down a 70s Sinday dream house, with a lift and working lights. I adored it. It's still at my parents house but my daughter couldn't give a fig about dolls.

Reactions: 2
View attachment 2645000Did anyone have this? It felt so cutting edge!

I was passed down a 70s Sinday dream house, with a lift and working lights. I adored it. It's still at my parents house but my daughter couldn't give a fig about dolls.
I didn't have this one, but I did have Major Morgan. Still have one of those boxed in the loft that works. I always wanted a speak and spell but never got one. I do have one now, but it doesn't work. I use it as a prop for this guy:

Attachments

Reactions: 3
I didn't have Quints although I used to have a tiny doll that lived in a wee box the size of a matchbox it's body was filled with grain or something else, Can anyone remember Itsy Bitzy Bean bag Doll? my younger cousin owned one
OMG! I think I still have my little matchbox baby somewhere! I recently had to clear out my old childhood home when my mum passed away and I had kept loads of my old toys and I’m sure the matchbox baby was in the box 😂