Retro toys !

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I had one.
Does anyone remember Teeny Tiny Tears, a smaller version of Tiny Tears?
I still have mine, my uncle purchased it, he was on an army posting in Germany, and bought and posted her home the day I was born. She has been through the mill, she taught me I would never be a hairdresser, is missing an eye, and her origional outfit was lost. But what I do have is loads of clothes my Grandma made me from when I was little and used left over fabric or wool to make matching dolls clothes! I grew up in the 70's and money was short the only new clothes I had were made by Grandma everything else was handed down, the clothes she made me were handed on to my younger cousin, but I treasure the doll versions she made me.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I still have mine, my uncle purchased it, he was on an army posting in Germany, and bought and posted her home the day I was born. She has been through the mill, she taught me I would never be a hairdresser, is missing an eye, and her origional outfit was lost. But what I do have is loads of clothes my Grandma made me from when I was little and used left over fabric or wool to make matching dolls clothes! I grew up in the 70's and money was short the only new clothes I had were made by Grandma everything else was handed down, the clothes she made me were handed on to my younger cousin, but I treasure the doll versions she made me.
My GrandMother (we called her Nanna) used to make me dresses and nighties, she also made me a rag doll whom I adored. She also made my brother a dinosaur with the same fabric as the doll, she was a fantasticly creative person. I don't have the doll anymore, she was left behind in a house move. :(

Reactions: 3
E0AFB349-C083-499D-8514-1A4097EBA27D.jpeg

Wuv Luv always springs to mind - mainly because it was creepy AF 😂 vivid memory of it saying “here comes baby” in it’s weird robot voice, all whilst making a few weird jerky movements and then it’s tummy would open and there’d be the baby in it’s egg. Think u could pair them together and they’d sing songs. Then you’d pop the baby back in it’s egg when finished and put it back in the tummy ready for the next time, so weird 🤣

edit: just watched a YouTube video and I completely forgot u also had to rub its back to make it speed up labour omg 😂

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
This is what I was always jealous of on End Of Term Bring Your Toys To School Day

View attachment 2341852

That and these very early handheld video games

View attachment 2341855

Who remembers Game&Watch? I had about five of them (probably still have them, somewhere) including the folding dual screen Donkey Kong one, I think my Uncle who worked on oil rigs used to get them from somewhere for my Grandad to give to me. I played them for hours even though the games were so basic.

View attachment 2341859
I’ve still got a Mickey Mouse one. My baby cousin scraped her teeth against it and left damage and I was heartbroken. She’s in her 40s now! It still works!

Reactions: 1
Did anyone else have these?

He was affectionately known as 'Monkus' and he had a pull string which made him utter various phrases like "Oooooh I love banana splits" and "i love you, I love you and I love me too"
I still have him, though these days he's confined to the loft because for reasons I cant comprehend he terrifies my husband 😂 I found another at a boot sale some years ago with gingery fur, he's also lofted.
---
Also, these guys, History Hounds.
I have no idea why I was so desperate, but I saw it in the toy shop window and had to have it. I had a few Pound Puppies at the time so can only conclude it was that. I had Abrahound Lincoln and Pocahoundtis. Both of which I still have. They seemed to be an American thing and I dont think I've ever met anyone else who remembers them!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Did anyone else have these?

He was affectionately known as 'Monkus' and he had a pull string which made him utter various phrases like "Oooooh I love banana splits" and "i love you, I love you and I love me too"
I still have him, though these days he's confined to the loft because for reasons I cant comprehend he terrifies my husband 😂 I found another at a boot sale some years ago with gingery fur, he's also lofted.
---
Also, these guys, History Hounds.
I have no idea why I was so desperate, but I saw it in the toy shop window and had to have it. I had a few Pound Puppies at the time so can only conclude it was that. I had Abrahound Lincoln and Pocahoundtis. Both of which I still have. They seemed to be an American thing and I dont think I've ever met anyone else who remembers them!
I used to have a similar monkey to that, I can totally relate to your husband and it used to terrify me and still does 😂

Just having a think about which games we had:
Mousetrap
Buckaroo
Operation
Twister
Hungry hippos
Screwball scramble
Ker plunk
Any obvious others ???

Reactions: 3
Aw, I love these little nostalgia trips :love:

Similar to Tree House, there was the yellow Teapot House.

s-l225.jpg

I was also mad on the Jem dolls.

jem-616x462.jpg
5934715110085d47da83072005023209.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just having a think about which games we had:
Mousetrap
Buckaroo
Operation
Twister
Hungry hippos
Screwball scramble
Ker plunk
Any obvious others ???
Frustration
Ghost Castle (which a friend had but I just wanted to drop the skull thing)
Stay Alive

After a little discussion on the Christmas thread and toys we never got that we asked for, I remembered this beauty. I asked for it several times and never got it. As an adult I appreciate why it never saw the light of day in our house 🤣
244013724_3005788659682008_7582198137359391232_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5