Retro toys !

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved Polly Pocket. The 'redesign' a number of years ago was horrible, same with My Little Pony.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I remember my boys wanting furbys because of all the adverising and being very disappointed. They were expensive if you had several children. I also went to a strange university post graduate lecture where the lecturer had to stop several timmes to feed her daughter's tamagotchi.
I wish I still had my Furby 🥲 I loved mine so much

Reactions: 1
Pippa dolls, they were tiny compared to Barbies and had such pretty little outfits
I've still got about 10 original Pippa dolls , clothes, shoes , furniture and accessories from the 70's
My father in law made a wonderful double fronted dolls house for my daughters in the 90's when they were little and it still has pride of place at bottom of the stairs, and is inhabited by said Pippas!
I've also kept all the polly pocket sets my daughters played with from 25 years ago and until recently I had numerous Barbies but sadly had to part with them along with a load of Sylvanian Family sets/ house
Also still have some wonderful Playmobil sets but had to get rid of the palace , zoo and hospital House was in danger of being overrun with toys!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I had one of those but it's a bit of a sad story - my late father had a pay rise and treated us three kids to toys from the beautiful Lewisham branch of Argos and I chose the barber shop. It was the last present he ever bought for us.*

*NB - he didn't get poisoned by imbibing the Play Doh.
That's a lovely, if bittersweet memory of your barber shop. Unbelievably, my barber shop was also bought in Lewisham, although mine was from Woolworths, my aunt picked it up on her way home from work...small world! ☺. Do you ever go there now? It's definitely changed a bit from the 80's!

We know that Play Doh isn't poisonous, because I almost guarantee that every person on this thread, who ever had Play Doh as a kid, knows what it tastes like 🤣🤣🤣
---
Anyone else? 😅

‘Perfection’

View attachment 2341961
Was playing this last week, it's really difficult...and incredibly anxiety-inducing!!

Reactions: 2
Does anyone remember Quints from the early 90s? I loved them and my best friend at the time had them too. When I ask around though, not many remember them. I don't think they were ever 'huge'
Yes! I had these! They had little raincoats on?
---
I had a stencil kit with outfits, it was various sheets of pink plastic (so not a fashion wheel), and came with sheets of decorated paper. I absolutely loved it and played with it for hours, making my own patterned paper for more designs. Can still picture it clearly!
I had this too! It was like panels you put in a frame? What was it called?

Reactions: 4
Anyone remember these? Baby William with a matchbox for a bed.

1690664362573.png

---
I also had this...once you solved it a few times you could do it in seconds. A moral victory for a child who could do eff all with a Rubik's cube.

1690664491962.png

Reactions: 8
I think Polly Pockets are so amazing.

I love doing jigsaws, playing cards and Scrabble! I remember a board game my grandparents had that had a little magnetic robot involved, it was so cool!

Yes! I had these! They had little raincoats on?
---

I had this too! It was like panels you put in a frame? What was it called?
Girls World Fashion Designer, I had one and absolutely loved it and then years later I bought the same one on eBay and my daughter played with it.
You would select a hairstyle, top/blouse and skirt/trousers then put paper over them, put the frame down and use a crayon to trace the image onto paper and then colour it in.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Girls World Fashion Designer, I had one and absolutely loved it and then years later I bought the same one on eBay and my daughter played with it.
You would select a hairstyle, top/blouse and skirt/trousers then put paper over them, put the frame down and use a crayon to trace the image onto paper and then colour it in.
This is exactly it! I’ve often thought of it but never remembered the name ❤ I loved mine too

• Heart
OMG, that’s it! I have searched before but never found it. Thank you for posting! What a simple idea for a toy, which inspired you to be so creative 😍

OMG, that’s it! I have searched before but never found it. Thank you for posting! What a simple idea for a toy, which inspired you to be so creative 😍
I played with mine for hours, I loved it and then when I bought one for my daughter we both played with it! 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I've still got these 2. My cousin had 2 Thumbelinas and mine has an unfortunate hairstyle due to being carried by her hair/ my attempt at a haircut.View attachment 2341628

View attachment 2341629

Has anyone ever had to mend a Sindy? About 5 years ago, I found mine and the elastic band in her waist had dried out and she was in 2 halves. I performed First Aid by putting her in a jumpsuit...
Oh my good God! That top one was called Baby Beans because their body was a bean bag. This was my very first doll. I might have a tear in my eye.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Awe, I'm glad I've found this thread. I vaguely remember in the 80s having a chicaboo (?) and a pink snugglebum that glowed when you hugged it. There was a family to collect but my parents only let me have one. I always wanted a my little pony too. Ooh and Little Professor! I loved maths.

Reactions: 7
I had a Maximus, the cousin of Major Morgan. I absolutely loved it and spent hours playing it. Also had a Little Professor. I still have them (or they are at my parents, can't remember which)

My Little Pony Dream Castle (long gone) and Lullaby Nursery (in my loft) along with my original Sylvanian families house.

The FP medical kit, original still at Mum's (there is a recurring theme here). I picked one up from the charity shop when my eldest (now 17) was young. Loved by them as well.

My sister had a Caroline House (you've guessed still at Mum's) it had electric lights and everything. The local department shop had a massive range of the furniture and we'd spend hours there if we could.

Reactions: 2