Retro toys !

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes! Thank you. I was trying to describe them to my husband recently. I had the swan.
I also had Sindy.
Anyone else have Sylvanian families?
I had one bear from a sylvanian family set, not sure how I came to only have that one. I stitched a little wedding dress onto it, I found it the other day and it's made a grubby addition to my kids sets!

Ah I loved my snail, there were also the little creatures that were part of it - not sure what they did but I remember having one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Pippa dolls, they were tiny compared to Barbies and had such pretty little outfits

• Heart
Reactions: 10
You can get all the old Argos catalogues here

The toy pages are usually in the back of each issue

Have a nice day shopping with your little blue pen

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Did anyone have the Miss World game? The height of sophistication, but no-one wanted the doll in the green swimsuit who looked like someone's nan. The blue one wasn't much better...

View attachment 2340700
Omg, I had this! The actual game was a bit crap, but I kept the dolls for years, I loved the little purple cape and gold cardboard crown. They did look a bit "granny", but one of the dolls was black, which was a rarity back in the 70's.
100% would buy this again! ❤❤❤🤣🤣

Reactions: 3
I remember my boys wanting furbys because of all the adverising and being very disappointed. They were expensive if you had several children. I also went to a strange university post graduate lecture where the lecturer had to stop several timmes to feed her daughter's tamagotchi.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You can get all the old Argos catalogues here

The toy pages are usually in the back of each issue

Have a nice day shopping with your little blue pen
this is brilliant!!! 🤩

Reactions: 4
This was my absolute favourite toy for a long time ... Fisher Price Tree House. Though mine was definitely in the '70's .

View attachment 2340247
I had that and loved it, I took it to school for Toy Day.
---
No love for BigTrak?

View attachment 2340572

Or Simon?

View attachment 2340575

I loved them both. I had a pocket/travel version of Simon as well.
My cousin had Simon and we were so jealous, we all used to fight over playing with it when we visited. I've got my own mini version of it now and still love it!
---
I'm not sure it was considered a toy exactly but these threads can't go without mentioning that Mr Frosty slushy maker was overhyped cack.
I had 70's Mr Frosty and he didn't work very well then lol
---
This thread is wonderful, so many happy memories!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Does anyone remember Ronco Mr Microphone? I begged for one of these after seeing the ad in the early 80s and was so happy to get one for Christmas in 1983.
85C885C5-C397-427F-9C2D-E59B645494EF.jpeg

• Heart
I could never get mine to work properly.
---

I had the tent with the camping chairs. I think there might have been a BBQ with it, with utensils.
The tent was inflatable as was the matching airbed/sleeping bag combo - my Sindys couldn't even fit into it? I have a feeling that the BBQ may have been a separate purchase? I always wanted the swimming pool but as ever it was £££.
---
I remember my boys wanting furbys because of all the adverising and being very disappointed. They were expensive if you had several children. I also went to a strange university post graduate lecture where the lecturer had to stop several timmes to feed her daughter's tamagotchi.
I bought a snide Tamogotchi from a shop in Ramsgate but had to give it to my mum to look after. It was much more demanding than my gerbils were!

• Haha
The tent was inflatable as was the matching airbed/sleeping bag combo - my Sindys couldn't even fit into it? I have a feeling that the BBQ may have been a separate purchase? I always wanted the swimming pool but as ever it was £££.
The tent I had wasn't inflatable. It was a white plastic frame and the tent material fitted over it.

My Sindy's ended up with a lot of playmobil stuff as well, like a horse and cart. All preposterously under sized for them 😆.

• Heart
Did anyone have a tonka keyper in the 80/90's? I loved my snail creature!
My friend had a massive one like that (it might actually have been that one). The shell opened and you could put things in it. I asked for one for Christmas and got a tiny little one, with a slit in the top. You couldn't fit anything in it and I was so disappointed.

She always had all the cool stuff. I desperately wanted her red Douglas lunchbox too.

• Sad
The tent I had wasn't inflatable. It was a white plastic frame and the tent material fitted over it.

My Sindy's ended up with a lot of playmobil stuff as well, like a horse and cart. All preposterously under sized for them 😆.
Ah, that might be a later addition then? The Sindy years for me were probably 1981-5? I lost the mattress for my Sindy bed so she and my brother's Action Man had to rough it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Ah, that might be a later addition then? The Sindy years for me were probably 1981-5? I lost the mattress for my Sindy bed so she and my brother's Action Man had to rough it.
Yeah, this was late 80's.

I'm trying to remember what the mattress was even like for the bed I had. It might not have actually had one. I remember it had a fancy bed head and possibly a matching foot panel.

The wardrobe I had was useless. It used to tip over if you hung anything in it and the doors would fall off.

My favourite Cindy outfit was a pale pink ball gown/wedding style dress. It was a gift from the 'tooth fairy' after I'd had my four front teeth taken out at the dentist. I've tried googling to see if I could find it but no luck. It would have been 1986/7.

• Heart
I had a pocket Simon and my brother took it apart ‘to see how it worked’.
---
We also had a ZX Spectrum that took about an hour to load. If you had a Commodore you were flash

Does anyone remember Quints from the early 90s? I loved them and my best friend at the time had them too. When I ask around though, not many remember them. I don't think they were ever 'huge'

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So many to choose from nowadays but this was the kitchen of dreams when I was younger. Loved it 😊

Oh my days, do you remember the advert for A La Carte Kitchen?

"Wake up daddy! Breakfasts ready!" and it was a Swiss roll and baked beans :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Continuing on, I will raise you this bad boy:

_20230729_104031.JPG

My cousin had one and I took it over when I went to theirs, they didn't get a look in

• Haha
Reactions: 13