Retro toys !

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Boys toys; I still have my original Millenium Falcon that I had as a kid around 1982 (no, the toy wasn't from 1977 when Star Wars came out).

It must be worth... oh... about £30...
Actually, you've made me remember that my Mum bought my daughter a limited edition Avon Winter Barbie 1998 ... I put it away straight away thinking it might be worth a few bob. Looked it up recently and it was about £40.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I had the wardrobe and bed for my Sindy. I had a couple of them and remember cutting the hair of one then was annoyed because I realised it wouldn't grow back 🤣
I owned Sindy's bed, wardrobe, toilet, bath, basin and shower (which I ruined by sharpening pencils in it). Also the horse, tent and caravan. Actually, I had quite a lot didn't I?

Reactions: 5
My inlaws have loads of old toys, they’re hoarders, lol.
But 2 things they have really impressed me. A still working…..

Speak and Spell. And Speak and Maths.

Theyre so much fun, even 30-odd years on!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm a child of the mid 70s, so I'm.going..
Cadburys chocolate dispenser ( the red one with the 2p's)
Post Office set
Yes to those two! I'm in my mid-30s and didn't know until now that they were retro by the time I had them.
---
Child of the fifties here Does anyone remember bayko building bricks prelego, I think they were made of bakelite and fitted on to metal scaffolding rods.
I asked my mum, born in the fifties, and she has fond memories of Bayko. She's in nostalgic googling mode now!

Reactions: 2
No love for BigTrak?

1690574303744.png

Or Simon?

1690574348924.png

I loved them both. I had a pocket/travel version of Simon as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I was a kid in the '80s so it was all Action Force, M.A.S.K, Transformers and He-Man. Oh, and The Centurions which were awesome!

Reactions: 4
I'm not sure it was considered a toy exactly but these threads can't go without mentioning that Mr Frosty slushy maker was overhyped cack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm not sure it was considered a toy exactly but these threads can't go without mentioning that Mr Frosty slushy maker was overhyped cack.
I still remember the tune to the advert.. mr frosty is such fun, he makes drinks for everyone...

I never had one though nor any of my friends. Parents must've known it was overpriced and we'd get bored of it in 2 seconds :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Did anyone have the Miss World game? The height of sophistication, but no-one wanted the doll in the green swimsuit who looked like someone's nan. The blue one wasn't much better...

vintage-board-game-miss-world-denys_360_48c29daab4f99a555ee5c1f2b4160870.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Was going to say Big Trak until I read page 2.

I asked for a Mr Frosty for years until I got one. I used it about twice. Nearly gashed my hand crushing the ice and that's not a euphemism. Wouldn't have minded a Teddy Ruxpin either.

I was lucky enough to get a Scalextric though and a Commodore 64, although I should point out that when it came to Christmas, my sister and I were more than lucky. God bless you my parents, grandparents and uncle x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Teddy Ruxpin has reminded me of the scandal when my cousins absolute no show of a father turned up after 4 years as if nothing had happened with the bear under his arm hoping for a warm welcome! Both the father and the bear were unceremoniously dumped on the road outside. I'll always remember my cousin crying in the window not for his Dad but the Teddy Ruxpin out on the pavement 😂😂
Screenshot_20230729_002854_com.android.chrome_edit_715809198742857.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
The penguin on my Mr Frostie always had a hole in it. About 3 Christmases on the run I had one and always the bloody penguin...
Found out years later it was my older brother that did it😱🤣🤣
What an hole🥺🤣

Reactions: 1
I grow up in the 80s and the one toy i always wanted was a cabbage patch doll, bit I never got one
My mum said she was in a charity shop the other day and saw one in its box she was going to pick it up for me until she saw it was about £30 I was devastated all over again

• Heart
Reactions: 8