Retro Flame aka Erika Fox

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I often wondered how she could do all that ,,,maybe she address it like she the whole sickness yesterday

What are these bores going to do when the influencer bubble bursts?
I'd say Erika will do some bullshit interiors stuff like the mother, but surely Kaelin isn't so shortsighted to realise she can't rely on her sister for a salary? AFAIK she doesn't have a degree to fall back on.
I suppose when the parents are wealthy, there'll always be a cushion.

Reactions: 4
I see she's doing another giveaway aka getting rid of the free stuff she was sent that she doesn't like because it's the only way to get more than a few comments on a post and get her engagement up.

Reactions: 6
What are these bores going to do when the influencer bubble bursts?
I'd say Erika will do some bullshit interiors stuff like the mother, but surely Kaelin isn't so shortsighted to realise she can't rely on her sister for a salary? AFAIK she doesn't have a degree to fall back on.
I suppose when the parents are wealthy, there'll always be a cushion.
She said she wants to do real estate 🙄

• Haha
Buying higher end brands is only more sustainable if you're going to use/wear the things more often
She said she wants to do real estate 🙄
Good luck! I can't imagine her trying to flog a G rated bungalow bliss with minor damp and mice in the attic!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It is surprising that she can support that lifestyle and also pay Kaelin enough that she can afford to eat out in NY a few times a week, pay rent, constant weekends away etc.

That’s what mammy and daddy are for

Reactions: 1
I just find her content so forced recently. It’s all so unremarkable, bland and the NYC pontificating as gospel according to retro is getting a bit nauseating. She’s a very small fish in a very big pond.

When Louise moved to NYC I began to dislike Erika, as despite her very obvious security of significant family wealth, up until that point she seemed harmless/not overly bitchy. Recently I noticed a couple of underhanded digs. I could have misread things but the OTT tagging of Char Casey and Lorna, along with the repetitive mentioning how “those who stayed in NYC proved they could survive it out there”showed green eyed jealousy. I think her nose was out of joint when Louise came. Louise is a breath of fresh air/ very light and natural (in comparison)- plus her friendships with Bella, Lorna, Char, Aideen, etc all go back a long way. It seemed a bit like Louise was getting in her way as they did quite a few of the same contracts-M&S etc. Then when Louise was getting asked to do “life in NYC/Apartments in NYC” stuff- Erika comes out saying stuff like I’m here 5 years-Im a good source of advice. I dunno- I just think she’s a very entitled young lady who is so concerned with being Blair Waldorf that she’s isolated herself and can’t relax at all. She seems so tightly wound. It’s only her and Kaelin as far as I can see- she has no real friendships that I can see outside Lorna and the boys. I wonder is there’s a side to her we don’t see- like she’s a mad hoor for the drink and gets locked after a few pints. Christ I hope the can relax at these escapes!

As for the lifestyle- there is no f*****g way she can afford that apartment and the investment pieces (!) even with Tommy’s salary and gifting/discounts. Kaelin on top of that? I’d love to see how they convince immigration to let them stay. The parents must contribute a significant amount of money.

Reactions: 23
I just find her content so forced recently. It’s all so unremarkable, bland and the NYC pontificating as gospel according to retro is getting a bit nauseating. She’s a very small fish in a very big pond.

When Louise moved to NYC I began to dislike Erika, as despite her very obvious security of significant family wealth, up until that point she seemed harmless/not overly bitchy. Recently I noticed a couple of underhanded digs. I could have misread things but the OTT tagging of Char Casey and Lorna, along with the repetitive mentioning how “those who stayed in NYC proved they could survive it out there”showed green eyed jealousy. I think her nose was out of joint when Louise came. Louise is a breath of fresh air/ very light and natural (in comparison)- plus her friendships with Bella, Lorna, Char, Aideen, etc all go back a long way. It seemed a bit like Louise was getting in her way as they did quite a few of the same contracts-M&S etc. Then when Louise was getting asked to do “life in NYC/Apartments in NYC” stuff- Erika comes out saying stuff like I’m here 5 years-Im a good source of advice. I dunno- I just think she’s a very entitled young lady who is so concerned with being Blair Waldorf that she’s isolated herself and can’t relax at all. She seems so tightly wound. It’s only her and Kaelin as far as I can see- she has no real friendships that I can see outside Lorna and the boys. I wonder is there’s a side to her we don’t see- like she’s a mad hoor for the drink and gets locked after a few pints. Christ I hope the can relax at these escapes!

As for the lifestyle- there is no f*****g way she can afford that apartment and the investment pieces (!) even with Tommy’s salary and gifting/discounts. Kaelin on top of that? I’d love to see how they convince immigration to let them stay. The parents must contribute a significant amount of money.
👏👏👏 All of this!

She acts like some New York guru, but the places she goes are so boring. You never see her go to anywhere different it's always the same places, I said before I feel like I've seen more of new York in the 3 times I've been there than she has. Like The Elevated Acre that they only found the other day, has been there since 2005 and is on the street they live on, it's like they don't bother taking advantage of the amazing opportunity they have by properly exploring the city.

It's always some fancy restaurant with the "gang", iced coffee, the Plaza, central park, trip to Hamptons etc, Designer Revival trip where she just throws the stock around, walk to seaport and repeat.

She says she wants to move so she can explore different areas of the city. Just get on the feckin subway! Or take your free Uber tip since you're clearly too good to travel with the peasants on the subway.

I always suspected Erika felt Louise was stepping on her toes. Last time they were in NY together Louise had an office job, so she wasn't a threat, whereas this time around she was doing all the stuff Erika does, only better and more relatable! Even that Kerry fashion designer (Don something?) seemed to take a shine to Louise.

Reactions: 15
I agree that her activities in New
York are ridiculously limited. There’s literally everything on her doorstep and she chooses repetitive “chic” venues over and over again. In fairness, I’m sure the city is a different experience when you’re “working” there as opposed to a holiday. But I don’t think that excuses not seeing and taking part in activities right on your doorstep. I just want to see something other than iced coffee and salads. Lazer tag, a burger eating contest....c’mon Erika ffs😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She or the sister are reading here, anything to be ReLAtaBLe.

She's selling a false dream about New York. How many young ones have gone over thinking it'll be the gossip girl lifestyle, based on the shite she posts, and getting a land when they arrive?

Not everyone has mammy and daddy to prop up the iced coffee/tommyyyyyy?/ Just found the nicest place in the hamptonsssssss?/just popped in an uberrrrrr?/just went for a scan with my private health insuranceeeeeeee? lifestyle.

To add - Rosemary MacCabe explained how tit it is trying to get insurance in the states, but sure Retro pops into the doc when she has a fart she can't push out 🙄 she always struck me as a hypochondriac, she pulls out the being ill card a few times a year, Tommy is a slave for her, and then she miraculously is away and drinking rosé again 🙄 it's all for views

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Wow she actually took the subway today :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I just noticed that 😂

She or the sister are reading here, anything to be ReLAtaBLe.

She's selling a false dream about New York. How many young ones have gone over thinking it'll be the gossip girl lifestyle, based on the shite she posts, and getting a land when they arrive?

Not everyone has mammy and daddy to prop up the iced coffee/tommyyyyyy?/ Just found the nicest place in the hamptonsssssss?/just popped in an uberrrrrr?/just went for a scan with my private health insuranceeeeeeee? lifestyle.

To add - Rosemary MacCabe explained how tit it is trying to get insurance in the states, but sure Retro pops into the doc when she has a fart she can't push out 🙄 she always struck me as a hypochondriac, she pulls out the being ill card a few times a year, Tommy is a slave for her, and then she miraculously is away and drinking rosé again 🙄 it's all for views
The Uber thing really pisses me off like who the hell gets an Uber everywhere in a city with notoriously bad traffic and a really easy to use subway system! I know it's a sponsorship but it's hardly going to get people using Uber when it's far more expensive and probably longer to take an Uber than it is to get the subway!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I thought she went straight onto the MAC counters after school, but I could be wrong!

Reactions: 1
Agree with what everyone is saying, she’s gone even more boring in the past year. Her Instagram is just beige! I’ve also thought that she was mad jealous of Louise. Louise moved back to ireland a few years ago and took the spot that Erika would have had if she was still living in Ireland and then eclipsed her in popularity, relatability and followers. I thought it was interesting to see Louise really struggle in NYC, especially in getting jobs, when Erika acts like it’s a walk in the park. I always wondered how she and Kaelin afforded two apartments, definitely the parents footing the bill.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.