Retro Flame aka Erika Fox

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
duck. It’s basically fraud then??!
I could be wrong and she might have mentioned it before but it seems like something like starting your own influencer marketing company would be mentioned in her blog

Reactions: 1
I could be wrong and she might have mentioned it before but it seems like something like starting your own influencer marketing company would be mentioned in her blog
agree! I was surprised the news articles mentioned another business because I’ve never heard her mention it at all not any reference to it online.

does Ireland have an equivalent of companies house?

Wow I'm pretty shocked that they would give out 20k and have no accountability whatsoever for it.

Reactions: 5
Ok found the Irish company register, and there is business called 5A digital which uses the same business address as Retro Flame. It’s had no submissions or filings since 2015 though.

Reactions: 1
RMC tweeted this out last year, it’s been well talked about within the industry. I also know business people from Kerry and it’s as a big thing there. My understanding was that people in the IBYE competition lodged a complaint over her winning.
A42209B7-B020-4B42-92CC-B663841D8A25.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Ok found the Irish company register, and there is business called 5A digital which uses the same business address as Retro Flame. It’s had no submissions or filings since 2015 though.
It's still there the name was just changed to Retro Flame Ltd in 2018. The 2018 accounts show a profit of €61k for the year

Reactions: 5
It's still there the name was just changed to Retro Flame Ltd in 2018. The 2018 accounts show a profit of €61k for the year
Ah ok makes sense.

have just unfollowed her. Being bland, spoilt and rich is one thing but to take a grant in the way she did and depriving a genuine small business is unethical.

Reactions: 11
Ah ok makes sense.

have just unfollowed her. Being bland, spoilt and rich is one thing but to take a grant in the way she did and depriving a genuine small business is unethical.
Isn't it disgusting, a small business could have put that grant to great benefit but she grabbed it with her greedy hands to live her best life in NY, spoilt privileged and boring.

Reactions: 9
Isn't it disgusting, a small business could have put that grant to great benefit but she grabbed it with her greedy hands to live her best life in NY, spoilt privileged and boring.
Funny how the article says her sister works with her full time and she has hired another person, that girl lasted like 2 weeks before she disappeared never to be seen again. I get such bad vibes about her she just seems to be up to something dodgy.

Reactions: 8
Funny how the article says her sister works with her full time and she has hired another person, that girl lasted like 2 weeks before she disappeared never to be seen again. I get such bad vibes about her she just seems to be up to something dodgy.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that girl! Didn’t Louise Cooney do something similar at the start of the year? That girl disappeared too, even before the whole COVID thing!

Reactions: 4
it totally out of order! Makes me feel very angry because 20k could be life change sum for a small business especially as they struggle to get affordable credit. And yet Erika has done something to get her mitts on it. Does she feel no shame??
The whole thing doesn’t sound legal, but even it was its morally and ethically wrong. totally changed how I view her. What a money grabbing individual she must be.

I also can't be sure but she flew back to participate in the competition, once if not twice. I think it was around the time she quit her job in New York to be "full time" with blogging, so that's how she afforded it along with the bank of mam and dad.

Reactions: 3
I wish she would do stuff that people can afford,,I couldn't afford half of what she buys ,,or afford to go away every weekend,, even her beauty stuff is expensive,,well maybe that's just me

Reactions: 4
I actually think her blog is pretty cr*p. Its just full of ads and a very dated theme that a loads of other bloggers have. Her engagement on Instagram is way way off. Its so low. On social blade its 1.81% which is terrible. Her latest load of followers are all bots on Instagram too. I wouldn't be surprised if she is another that has bought her following and buys likes on each photo, it all looks very dodgy. I don't understand why all these brands work with her. She is so bland and boring and her following/numbers just doesn't add up.

I actually think her blog is pretty cr*p. Its just full of ads and a very dated theme that a loads of other bloggers have. Her engagement on Instagram is way way off. Its so low. On social blade its 1.81% which is terrible. Her latest load of followers are all bots on Instagram too. I wouldn't be surprised if she is another that has bought her following and buys likes on each photo, it all looks very dodgy. I don't understand why all these brands work with her. She is so bland and boring and her following/numbers just doesn't add up.
I think she is so boring, more personality in a wet sock. The monotonous voice that gets a bit higher and practically sings the end of each sentence. She always seems like zero craic and really uptight. She seems to have gone through loads of friends at this stage too.. Or "the best weekend with the best crew".. Its always the best crew. Bore off Erika

Reactions: 6
Yeah that was so weird, as they made a big deal about hiring someone at the time. I noticed a couple of people asking about where she went in the comments on subsequent vlogs but Erika never responded.

Reactions: 2
I think she is so boring, more personality in a wet sock. The monotonous voice that gets a bit higher and practically sings the end of each sentence. She always seems like zero craic and really uptight. She seems to have gone through loads of friends at this stage too.. Or "the best weekend with the best crew".. Its always the best crew. Bore off Erika
Agreed and how many pictures of the one dress or shorts do we need to see

Reactions: 2
Yeah that was so weird, as they made a big deal about hiring someone at the time. I noticed a couple of people asking about where she went in the comments on subsequent vlogs but Erika never responded.
Imagine how mind numbingly boring it would be working with them! Like seriously why did she even need another person working for her, surely it doesn't take 3 people to take photos of some outfits! I have a feeling it might have been something to do with her visa or the grant, like maybe she had to show she has created employment, so hired someone for a few weeks.

Reactions: 7
Does anyone else think the whole "illness" during lockdown was made up? Sick at xmas, we'd vlogs, trips to pharmacy, in waiting room of doctors etc. I personally thought due to lack of content, things to go to etc it emphasised how reliant she is on these for content. Instead of just saying lack of content, want to use this time as time off and not vlog, she made up an illness.

Also second employee due to be hired.....never addressed or spoken about. I don't believe she needs to explain every move and action, but when you have been so vocal about hiring someone, you need to address it, it didn't work out, change of mind etc- move on. It's just never spoken about- odd.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.