Retro Flame aka Erika Fox

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my god that’s so funny that she immediately went on to talk about it

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Must have taken time out from in front of the mirror and read her thread. Kindly updated us on her sickness. Hi Erika 👋
So funny she made such a big deal about it. I had the exact same thing and it just gives you really bad heartburn.

Looking back it does seem convenient she had this mystery problem and didn’t post much. Now it’s all healed now lockdown is over. Funny coincidence 🤔

Didn't stop her going away for weekends .agree seemed fake or something
Ye it's weird that she's going on big drinking weekends when you really shouldn't be drinking with a hiatial hernia. I barely drink anymore because it's just not worth it because of the heartburn it causes.

Reactions: 4
Ye it's weird that she's going on big drinking weekends when you really shouldn't be drinking with a hiatial hernia. I barely drink anymore because it's just not worth it because of the heartburn it causes.
Just watching her story shes on about her illnesses now and what it was ..

I used to be a big fan of Retro Flame back in the day. I have unfollowed her as she’s just no longer relatable with her ridiculous amount of designer gear or ‘pieces’ as she likes to call them. There is no way she can afford the apt, full time staff, fancy holidays, fancy meals and all the designer gear from a following of 156k on Instagram. Doesn’t add up.

I feel like she’s lost herself, comes across too uptight, takes herself waaaay too seriously and the American lift at the end of every word is unbearable.

She used to be good pals with an American blogger LisaD, always seemed to be hanging out and then she dropped off the face of the earth. Found that odd. There was some cloak and dagger comment about not trusting ppl, but we will never know what happened there I guess. Ever since then it seems to be the Irish crew. I’d say she’s no craic anyway on a night out lol.

My pet peeve about her was she used to always wear white ankle socks with her black trainers. Every time. Always cracked me up. Does she know black socks exist, she’s supposed to work in fashion lol.

Reactions: 12
I used to be a big fan of Retro Flame back in the day. I have unfollowed her as she’s just no longer relatable with her ridiculous amount of designer gear or ‘pieces’ as she likes to call them. There is no way she can afford the apt, full time staff, fancy holidays, fancy meals and all the designer gear from a following of 156k on Instagram. Doesn’t add up.

I feel like she’s lost herself, comes across too uptight, takes herself waaaay too seriously and the American lift at the end of every word is unbearable.

She used to be good pals with an American blogger LisaD, always seemed to be hanging out and then she dropped off the face of the earth. Found that odd. There was some cloak and dagger comment about not trusting ppl, but we will never know what happened there I guess. Ever since then it seems to be the Irish crew. I’d say she’s no craic anyway on a night out lol.

My pet peeve about her was she used to always wear white ankle socks with her black trainers. Every time. Always cracked me up. Does she know black socks exist, she’s supposed to work in fashion lol.
Those 156k followers look largely bought too. I actually don't think she has that large a following, she just projects this imagine that she is successful and a lot of people seem to swallow it. She has the bank of Mum and Dad to support her buying fake followers and support her designer lifestyle but she portrays it like its all down to her hard work.

Reactions: 7
So the list of blogger "friends" that she has parted ways with keeps growing, in this thread Michaela, Niamh, and Lisa D were mentioned. Seems Erika can drop her friends as pleases. Lorna is kept around because Lorna worships the ground she stands on but more importantly isn't a threat as she can't seem to grow her following even with all the royal BS.

Reactions: 5
So the list of blogger "friends" that she has parted ways with keeps growing, in this thread Michaela, Niamh, and Lisa D were mentioned. Seems Erika can drop her friends as pleases. Lorna is kept around because Lorna worships the ground she stands on but more importantly isn't a threat as she can't seem to grow her following even with all the royal BS.
I don't mind Lorna, she at least seems like a normal hardworking person. The ones with real jobs always seem to be a bit more down to earth. Like Stephanie O' Quigley, she hardly does any ads and she has had some interesting people on her podcast with helpful information

Reactions: 7
I found last nights insta story very very forced and like what everyone said above, the timeliness of it was when it was spoken about here. I think the vlog the weekeed could be about the staff member that was never hired or addressing things on here.

I did like Erika, I have followed her for years but over past 6-12 months I find her completely unrelatable and is moving away from what initially attracted me to her content. Perhaps I'm changing in my life and what I look at or maybe as a viewer things are now coming to light I previously never noticed.

I don't feel she is transparent in her postings- works with River Island/M&S and posts the content and the #collab or #sp but then will do the "this isn't paid for or sponsored and bought it myself". If you are getting items for free from RI/M&S and are on a retainer or contract, it 100% sways your opinion, and also paying €50 for a top when you've received in access of approx €300+ of free clothes & also paid by them for working with them? It's not honest. It is basically a free ad/collab/sp by Erika to the company for working with them and dishonest to the audience.

So conflicting in regards her views, one minute is on the sustainability train.... then doing a post on 20 summer dresses for under €40?? I'm not against sustainability nor am I against fast fashion, but i don't believe you can promote a view or opinion and "i'm trying to be more sustainable and buy investment pieces" then go and do a blog on fast fashion!!??

Reactions: 10
I found last nights insta story very very forced and like what everyone said above, the timeliness of it was when it was spoken about here. I think the vlog the weekeed could be about the staff member that was never hired or addressing things on here.

I did like Erika, I have followed her for years but over past 6-12 months I find her completely unrelatable and is moving away from what initially attracted me to her content. Perhaps I'm changing in my life and what I look at or maybe as a viewer things are now coming to light I previously never noticed.

I don't feel she is transparent in her postings- works with River Island/M&S and posts the content and the #collab or #sp but then will do the "this isn't paid for or sponsored and bought it myself". If you are getting items for free from RI/M&S and are on a retainer or contract, it 100% sways your opinion, and also paying €50 for a top when you've received in access of approx €300+ of free clothes & also paid by them for working with them? It's not honest. It is basically a free ad/collab/sp by Erika to the company for working with them and dishonest to the audience.

So conflicting in regards her views, one minute is on the sustainability train.... then doing a post on 20 summer dresses for under €40?? I'm not against sustainability nor am I against fast fashion, but i don't believe you can promote a view or opinion and "i'm trying to be more sustainable and buy investment pieces" then go and do a blog on fast fashion!!??
And then selling those clothes she got for free on the likes of Depop!

Reactions: 6
Yes she needs to stop saying she's trying to be sustainable and isn't about the fast fashion life when she clearly is constantly getting new clothes, shoes, accessories, furniture. I think she convinces herself that having huge wardrobe declutters where she passes on her clothes to a charity shop or depop is sustainability -it's not!

I didn't realise her follower account was only around 150k til you said this! There are people with that number who also have full time jobs and don't seem to have her lifestyle. Or live in Manhattan. It is very odd.

It is surprising that she can support that lifestyle and also pay Kaelin enough that she can afford to eat out in NY a few times a week, pay rent, constant weekends away etc.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.