Retro Flame aka Erika Fox

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From her recent Vlog, she is 100% reading whats on here, she strikes me as the type of person that struggles with criticism and anyone speaking ill of her. Not mentioned in a vlog/insta story about going to hospital/ lump removed etc, then it's mentioned here-2 hours later we get an update on the mysterious illness and then a vlog on it at weekend? It felt very forced, it felt like a lie and very put on, maybe she was genuinely sick- who knows. But for me personally it doesn't add up, she does realise people watch her stories and saying you were in hospital when stories of out for walks, on pier, city getting back to normal, out for iced coffees, walks with Joey, cocktails and evening drinks 2 weeks ago? Odd way to behave after "something so serious" and now the preaching about going to look after yourself?

2 questions for me that need addressing;
-The LEO 20K Grant
-The Mysterious second staff member

Reactions: 11
From her recent Vlog, she is 100% reading whats on here, she strikes me as the type of person that struggles with criticism and anyone speaking ill of her. Not mentioned in a vlog/insta story about going to hospital/ lump removed etc, then it's mentioned here-2 hours later we get an update on the mysterious illness and then a vlog on it at weekend? It felt very forced, it felt like a lie and very put on, maybe she was genuinely sick- who knows. But for me personally it doesn't add up, she does realise people watch her stories and saying you were in hospital when stories of out for walks, on pier, city getting back to normal, out for iced coffees, walks with Joey, cocktails and evening drinks 2 weeks ago? Odd way to behave after "something so serious" and now the preaching about going to look after yourself?

2 questions for me that need addressing;
-The LEO 20K Grant
-The Mysterious second staff member
Also the blog posts that people had to subscribe and pay for and were never mentioned again. Did people sign up and continue paying and not actually get any content? Seems like something she would continue to plug if she was still doing it.

Reactions: 6
The third employee that vanished was Kaela Keegan I think. I followed her on insta at the time. Always thought the fit was really random as she's a makeup artist but Kaelin already had that part of Retro's brand covered.

Reactions: 4
Think it’s laughable that retro is reposting quotes like “dreams don’t happen overnight. They take time, hard work, self belief ...”
Her dreams take huge financial backing from mammy and daddy and €20,000 worth of a grant she had no problem taking and running back to NYC with no mention of it again :)))

But hey- whatever lets her sleep at night xx

Reactions: 14
Hi Erika, hope you’re having a great Thursday. I missed your story with three question box where you asked what we’d like to see more of. Sorry, I was busy actually working and didn’t have time. ive some time now, so, can you do either a story or a vlog about the best way to spend 20k that shouldn’t have been yours? That and maybe some transparency and tell us about your employee that you told us about but the she disappeared, never to be seen again.

in your own words..... “I wanna say“ “if that makes sense“

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think that 20k is a long time in the Manhattan sewage system guys. Cocktails and fancy dinners.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Does anyone remember a few months ago she had an ad for a luxury bracelet for an Apple Watch, saying she was going to wear it forever, haven’t seen it since. It was horrible and cost like $1000

Reactions: 7
Or when she mentioned she was dying to find a vintage Chanel watch, and then suddenly she had a spon or ad about a vintage jewellers where she "found" the watch 🙄

Reactions: 5
I can't imagine she's very relatable for Irish followers with all the "investment pieces", which translates to spending insane money.
Maybe people follow her because she's "aspirational" from a spending point of view? I don't know..half the stuff she wears I wouldn't go near, she dresses 15 years older than she is. The likes of Louise Cooney, Doireann Garrihy, and others Erika's age have fun with fashion, but she dresses like someone from suits, "if that makes sense" 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Does anyone remember a few months ago she had an ad for a luxury bracelet for an Apple Watch, saying she was going to wear it forever, haven’t seen it since. It was horrible and cost like $1000
Thats true haven't seen it either

Reactions: 1
Yeah I forgot about the Apple watch. That was after years of flogging Cluse watches. I think her most ridiculous collab though was with Rimmel. The amount of makeup run throughs she did over the years showing she used all Mac, Armani, Charlotte Tilbury etc and then suddenly she's a mad fan of Rimmel everything! And once the collab ends it's back to business as usual 😂🙄

Reactions: 15
I can't imagine she's very relatable for Irish followers with all the "investment pieces", which translates to spending insane money.
Maybe people follow her because she's "aspirational" from a spending point of view? I don't know..half the stuff she wears I wouldn't go near, she dresses 15 years older than she is. The likes of Louise Cooney, Doireann Garrihy, and others Erika's age have fun with fashion, but she dresses like someone from suits, "if that makes sense" 🤭
She dresses very mature for someone her age (which is my age!) She looks nice but doesn't have very exciting taste for someone who's so into fashion.

Reactions: 7
To be fair, most of what she wears does look really good on her but I can't imagine any other 27? year old wearing it. I think the outfits would look odd in Ireland but they work better in NYC. The shoes she has on in her latest insta post are awful though, they remind me of the shoes I used to have for my Barbies 😂

I see the link she put to the mask she is wearing is an "rstyle" link so she will benefit if anyone buys them. Can these people not promote anything without trying to make money off of it?? 😒 and how do they get away with not showing all of these swipe ups as affiliated links!

• Angry
I see the link she put to the mask she is wearing is an "rstyle" link so she will benefit if anyone buys them. Can these people not promote anything without trying to make money off of it?? 😒 and how do they get away with not showing all of these swipe ups as affiliated links!
She's using the pandemic as a way to make money? What is going on with people?! That is so callous!
A while ago I had actually recommended her channel on some other thread here, thinking she was transparent about sponsorships and disclosed ads properly. Lately, I've been put off and couldn't bring myself to even check her updates, though I couldn't figure out what changed for me.
I'm so glad this thread was started because you guys highlighted a lot of what I was sensing but couldn't put my finger on.
I had no clue about the grant (shocking!!), her content is repetitive and boring, and I now see how snobbish and elitist she is.

She's using the pandemic as a way to make money? What is going on with people?! That is so callous!
A while ago I had actually recommended her channel on some other thread here, thinking she was transparent about sponsorships and disclosed ads properly. Lately, I've been put off and couldn't bring myself to even check her updates, though I couldn't figure out what changed for me.
I'm so glad this thread was started because you guys highlighted a lot of what I was sensing but couldn't put my finger on.
I had no clue about the grant (shocking!!), her content is repetitive and boring, and I now see how snobbish and elitist she is.
Oh I’ve long thought she was one of the shadiest out there for disclosing. I completely tuned out of following her last year so no idea what she’s been up to since but she was very bad at going to Kildare Village and not disclosing all the free stuff she was getting a few years ago. She also used to get free clothes from the likes of River Island that would be up on her depot the following week.

Oh I’ve long thought she was one of the shadiest out there for disclosing. I completely tuned out of following her last year so no idea what she’s been up to since but she was very bad at going to Kildare Village and not disclosing all the free stuff she was getting a few years ago. She also used to get free clothes from the likes of River Island that would be up on her depot the following week.
I've always been disgusted at her selling gifted stuff! Especially when River Island probably also pay her to advertise for them!

Reactions: 3
She dresses very mature for someone her age (which is my age!) She looks nice but doesn't have very exciting taste for someone who's so into fashion.
Her style is so boring... All black and white and the odd bit of beige. Its office attire, black trousers and white blouses and blazers, i wouldn't call her stylish whatsoever.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.