Retro Flame aka Erika Fox

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
September 11th today. Not one mention from Erika. Considering she lives in NY and the huge deal that would be made of it today, it's all about her... These influencers need a huge doss of reality and that bigger things happen to people than trips away and materialistic things. You'd know all these influencers are so entitled and never dealt with loss or things bigger than themselves.
Was just coming on to say that! I know it's her birthday but she literally lives down the street from the memorial, so to not acknowledge an event that completely changed not only then city she is lucky to live in but the whole world is insane. If my birthday was today and I lived in NY I wouldn't post on social media I would just celebrate offline.

I wonder if she has ever even visited the museum at Ground Zero. I almost cried when I was there reading all the stories, it's an amazing place to visit if you're in NY.

I think a lot of the 9/11 posts are very performative from everyone on social media, not just influencers. I'm bleeping sick of people posting a picture of them at the memorial the one single time they were in NYC. If everyone who posted to remember 9/11 actually donated to the 9/11 fund which helps first responders and families of those killed, there would be millions raised but no, it's all about posting that one pic for the gram.
She lives down the street from where it happened though so it's different to someone who was there on holiday. So she could use her reach to ask people to donate, but that doesn't cross her mind because all she cares about is herself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I think a lot of the 9/11 posts are very performative from everyone on social media, not just influencers. I'm bleeping sick of people posting a picture of them at the memorial the one single time they were in NYC. If everyone who posted to remember 9/11 actually donated to the 9/11 fund which helps first responders and families of those killed, there would be millions raised but no, it's all about posting that one pic for the gram.
It was a horrific day and it's been horrific for the families of everyone involved for 19 years. There are so many atrocities that have happened since then and as a result of that day -- who is posting about those? No Irish influencer ( open to any corrections on this) posts pictures of Omagh every August to remember the bombing...and yet we go about our daily lives not complaining about it. Coronavirus is still rampant over here, so very unlikely there'll be the same level of remembrance ceremonies this year. People can remember in their own way, they don't need to be so public about it.
She posted about BLM when it was all over the news and now nothing -- that's disappointing, I'd prefer to see her really put some effort into education herself and her followers on that movement than just post a picture of the twin towers with #neverforget

It's Erika's birthday today and I do think she's entitled to celebrate that without being called out for not posting a stock photo that everyone posts.
She lives near it. It's different, people would be talking.. So many affected by it. If an Irish influencer posted I'd think otherwise but you never know. My own distant family were firefighters there on the day, one was on duty and one was called in. It affects more people than you think. It should if you live there..!! These girls have never had real life issues, it's clear to see.

The biggest issue they've faced in life to date is probably missing their annual summer trip to Kerry due to covid! If they miss going home for Christmas as well, that will really test them. 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The biggest issue they've faced in life to date is probably missing their annual summer trip to Kerry due to covid! If they miss going home for Christmas as well, that will really test them. 🙈
But the only condition mammy Fox put on them living abroad was that they’d always come home for Christmas so how will that work this year?
Maybe I’m wrong but I can’t see them coming home two weeks early to isolate before heading home.

Reactions: 4
But the only condition mammy Fox put on them living abroad was that they’d always come home for Christmas so how will that work this year?
Maybe I’m wrong but I can’t see them coming home two weeks early to isolate before heading home.
Do they have a bleeping Gilmore Girls arrangement?? Mammy and Daddy funding their NYC dream on the condition they come home for dinner?

Sorry but you can't tell your adult children what to do!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
@nursefancypants moved to New York maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago. I think I've seen more of New York on her stories than in all the time Retro has been there.

Reactions: 5
Totally agree with all the above, she lives the life of a 50 year old lady who lunches. It's all so privileged, nothing fun or edgy considering she lives in one the most vibrant diverse cities in the world!! Total yawn fest.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Lol I was thinking this too, we'll never hear the end of it if they have to spend Christmas in their chosen country of residence!!!!! I'm Irish living in N America so yes you would prefer to be at home for Christmas but really it's not the be all and end all!!!

Reactions: 4
I think Kaelin is too lazy to do YouTube. it's a lot of work. She probably realised she could make just as much money from Instagram which is just photos and barely any work.

Yeah I unfollowed erikas insta around BLM and covid. It was just really shocking and jarring to see her sitting in her fancy apartment talking shite about absolutely nothing meanwhile BLM protests were happening. She obviously didn't give a flying duck about that. She lives such a privileged white girl life in NYC which is such a diverse city. She hasn't got a clue what the city is really like. I lived there for 4 months and I've seen more of it than her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Sure they would well be able to come home and isolate for two weeks it's not like they have jobs they have to take time off from. And they would be able to just sit around the house while mammy makes them salads and get Indian takeaway

If I lived in the US I would LOVE to spend a Christmas there, even just one year. It's not like they're alone either they have their "gang".

Reactions: 5
Sure they would well be able to come home and isolate for two weeks it's not like they have jobs they have to take time off from. And they would be able to just sit around the house while mammy makes them salads and get Indian takeaway

If I lived in the US I would LOVE to spend a Christmas there, even just one year. It's not like they're alone either they have their "gang".
They wouldn’t be able to isolate in mammy’s house though they’d have to do two weeks alone before going to the home house.

I’d love a Christmas in New York. I’ve been there for NYE and would love longer there at Xmas time. The only reason mammy’s condition stuck in my mind was cos of how ridiculously unfair I thought it was. As someone else said tho you can’t tell adult children what to do so more fool them for accepting it

Reactions: 1
They wouldn’t be able to isolate in mammy’s house though they’d have to do two weeks alone before going to the home house.

I’d love a Christmas in New York. I’ve been there for NYE and would love longer there at Xmas time. The only reason mammy’s condition stuck in my mind was cos of how ridiculously unfair I thought it was. As someone else said tho you can’t tell adult children what to do so more fool them for accepting it
No you can isolate in a house with other people you just have to use rooms at different times and clean properly after. The ungraceful guide isolated for two weeks in a family home. Same with people who have symptoms, they just have to stay in their room most of the time and only use the kitchen etc when nobody else is around. People don't have to go to a fancy cottage in Doolin like Louise Cooney did 😂

Also woudlnt put it past them to go somewhere on the green list for two weeks and then come home.

• Haha
No you can isolate in a house with other people you just have to use rooms at different times and clean properly after. The ungraceful guide isolated for two weeks in a family home. Same with people who have symptoms, they just have to stay in their room most of the time and only use the kitchen etc when nobody else is around. People don't have to go to a fancy cottage in Doolin like Louise Cooney did 😂

Also woudlnt put it past them to go somewhere on the green list for two weeks and then come home.
Yikes I didn’t realise that. I assumed you’d have to actually isolate after travel as that was your choice! Wouldn’t put it passed them at all so.

If they came home, would it be difficult to get back in on their visas though?
Although I wonder if Biden gets in, it might be different by then.

Reactions: 3
If they came home, would it be difficult to get back in on their visas though?
Although I wonder if Biden gets in, it might be different by then.
That's the only reason they're not home I presume. Like someone else said, the 2 weeks isolation aren't such a hassle when you don't have a job.

Reactions: 2
They are not coming home because the US banned people entering from Europe because of covid. So if they went home then they could not enter the US. I am not sure if that is still the case or it changed but you could google it.

Yeah, it's COVID that's stopping them from coming home. Their visas are grand. It's just the issuance of new visas that are banned but they got theirs last year. Theoretically, they could go to Mexico or the Caribbean for two weeks after Ireland and then come back to the US. I know a few people that did that. TBH, I can see them going down that route if the ban is still in place by Christmas.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.