Retro Flame aka Erika Fox

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apart from her practically stealing a 20k grant for a non existent business she is just a bit of a snake and people down here in Kerry know that. Shes great friends with anther "blogger" here in Kerry called Orlagh Winters and she is just as bad as her.
Is it bad I wish there was a thread for Orlagh "I'm not a blogger lads" Winters?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've been following Retro for years, as long as I can remember - back to when she left Kerry and had a social media job in New York. She has always been so particular about her content, even going to lengths to delete YouTube vlogs hours after they were uploaded when out for dinner as she got upset with the mixed comments coming in related to her styling. So she deleted and uploaded a new version a few weeks or months later. So I'd imagine reading (or hearing) what's being said here is really affecting her and she's maybe unsure how to take it onboard. I'd imagine it would upset her but on the other hand I think that whilst she has Irish followers, her target market to grow is def the Americans. She sees herself there a good few more years so she needs to grow her following and relatable content to whoever her target demographic is there. It's not in her favour that majority of her following (I'm guessing) is Irish.

Guessing she might be seeking audience growth in mid 30s-middle age women doing up their homes and living 'mom lives'. But she has such an amazing opportunity to diversify into people her own age. She's out and about so much but never shows the real life of New york.like walking down the street or past a busker, show that kind of stuff and the real new York. It's such a miss, I love that city so much and would love to see it through a young person's lens. All we get is her apartment or an uber pic.

Anyway long story short, following her a long time and agree she has gone very dull & unrelatable but hopefully she can redeem herself and Il not flick through her swipe ups 🙂

Reactions: 14
I can't get over how self obsessed she is, there is sooooo much going on in the US right now but it's all just me, me, me from her. I could be wrong but I don't think she mentioned a single thing about the fires. She has a platform where she can highlight these things and make people aware of what's going on but she can't be bothered unless it's the trending thing like BLM, and even that went out the window after her banging on about how she's going to change and support black businesses etc. Shes too busy showing off her $1k throw and fancy trips away while thousands of people in the country she was so lucky to get a visa to live in struggle with job losses, fires, protests etc

Reactions: 11
How could she post about the fires and the climate crisis while zooming about the East Coast in a gas guzzler!!!!

• Haha
  • Angry
I've been following Retro for years, as long as I can remember - back to when she left Kerry and had a social media job in New York. She has always been so particular about her content, even going to lengths to delete YouTube vlogs hours after they were uploaded when out for dinner as she got upset with the mixed comments coming in related to her styling. So she deleted and uploaded a new version a few weeks or months later. So I'd imagine reading (or hearing) what's being said here is really affecting her and she's maybe unsure how to take it onboard. I'd imagine it would upset her but on the other hand I think that whilst she has Irish followers, her target market to grow is def the Americans. She sees herself there a good few more years so she needs to grow her following and relatable content to whoever her target demographic is there. It's not in her favour that majority of her following (I'm guessing) is Irish.

Guessing she might be seeking audience growth in mid 30s-middle age women doing up their homes and living 'mom lives'. But she has such an amazing opportunity to diversify into people her own age. She's out and about so much but never shows the real life of New york.like walking down the street or past a busker, show that kind of stuff and the real new York. It's such a miss, I love that city so much and would love to see it through a young person's lens. All we get is her apartment or an uber pic.

Anyway long story short, following her a long time and agree she has gone very dull & unrelatable but hopefully she can redeem herself and Il not flick through her swipe ups 🙂
Exactly. I have friends living in various parts of NYC. And it would beneift Erica to showcase the "real" NYC. Shopping in bodegas, going over to Bushwick/Brooklyn, there is SO much more to NYC than the boring Ann Taylor, Gossip Girl lifestyle she thinks she has. She's not good at showcasing the city at all. Just Dunkin Donuts and Italian restaurants in her monochrome get ups. She's just a big fun sponge.

I’m quite by how much she eats out and goes on trips outside the city. I used to live in NYC and made a decent salary, but my lifestyle was not like that. In fact, who has that kind of lifestyle? It is as if she is on constant vacation, except on top of that, she also shops. How much is she making a year, I’d like to know, and is she actually saving any money? She mentioned she would like to buy an apartment one day — will that happen with this level of spending? You can hardly get anything decent in NYC for under $1 million.

I’m quite by how much she eats out and goes on trips outside the city. I used to live in NYC and made a decent salary, but my lifestyle was not like that. In fact, who has that kind of lifestyle? It is as if she is on constant vacation, except on top of that, she also shops. How much is she making a year, I’d like to know, and is she actually saving any money? She mentioned she would like to buy an apartment one day — will that happen with this level of spending? You can hardly get anything decent in NYC for under $1 million.
I think she is going to get a big slap of reality when the influencer bubble bursts and she needs to try get a normal job again. Although judging by her mother she is probably hoping to be a stepford wife, and do something like "interior design" while Tommy goes out and wants the money. I wonder if she is hoping he proposes in case her visa is taken away, I would imagine with his visa being based on a real job his would be more secure than hers.

Reactions: 6
Anyone know where Tommy works or what industry he’s in? I wonder what proportion of the bills he pays.

Reactions: 1
Anyone know where Tommy works or what industry he’s in? I wonder what proportion of the bills he pays.
On his Twitter from 2016 he was looking for jobs as a business analyst. So I'd say he is earning a decent amount of money

Reactions: 2
September 11th today. Not one mention from Erika. Considering she lives in NY and the huge deal that would be made of it today, it's all about her... These influencers need a huge doss of reality and that bigger things happen to people than trips away and materialistic things. You'd know all these influencers are so entitled and never dealt with loss or things bigger than themselves.

Reactions: 12
Oh my! I really didn’t think a thread on Erika would exist as she has such a bland personality but glad to find you ladies.

I used to kind of like her in a way. (HER, not her sister). But as an American NYC resident, the way she’s handled 2020 has really put me off. She is so superficial and vanilla in such a tumultuous year that it’s made me want her to go back to Ireland ala Louise Cooney (who I like far better) immediately. What a privileged, white washed and out-of-touch existence she leads!!!

Her willful ignorance is downright offensive at this time. What a self-absorbed waste of space she is.

Last edited:
I think a lot of the 9/11 posts are very performative from everyone on social media, not just influencers. I'm bleeping sick of people posting a picture of them at the memorial the one single time they were in NYC. If everyone who posted to remember 9/11 actually donated to the 9/11 fund which helps first responders and families of those killed, there would be millions raised but no, it's all about posting that one pic for the gram.
It was a horrific day and it's been horrific for the families of everyone involved for 19 years. There are so many atrocities that have happened since then and as a result of that day -- who is posting about those? No Irish influencer ( open to any corrections on this) posts pictures of Omagh every August to remember the bombing...and yet we go about our daily lives not complaining about it. Coronavirus is still rampant over here, so very unlikely there'll be the same level of remembrance ceremonies this year. People can remember in their own way, they don't need to be so public about it.
She posted about BLM when it was all over the news and now nothing -- that's disappointing, I'd prefer to see her really put some effort into education herself and her followers on that movement than just post a picture of the twin towers with #neverforget

It's Erika's birthday today and I do think she's entitled to celebrate that without being called out for not posting a stock photo that everyone posts.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Oh FINALLY somebody made a thread. Please excuse the rant. I used to really like Erika but could not agree more with how bland her content has become. I think she's really gotten herself into a bubble with her lifestyle I don't see her being brave enough to break out of it. I've lived in NYC for the same length of time as she has and I literally don't know one other Irish person here. I have such a diverse group of friends and it's shocking to me that the only people she hangs out with are white Irish people. This city is so diverse and it's so easy to make friends, even if you work from home which I do too.

Also, this country is a mess right now and I've only ever seen her post a handful of times after George Floyd but there's been nothing since. Breonna Taylor's killers are still walking free, Jacob Blake was shot seven times in the back, the entire West Coast is on fire but all I'm seeing is weekend getaways, rose and sunset photos. Also, her constant "I need to get out of the city" line is so incredibly out of touch. I leave my apartment once per week and then people like her are off galavanting around the East Coast every weekend. Just because you can travel, doesn't mean that you should. It's the privileged people like her that are going to keep the COVID numbers up and stop the rest of us from getting home to see our families.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.