Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Runner1

Chatty Member
I’m so so sad about Darius when he was on pop idol I was coming out of a toxic relationship with a guy who actually looked a bit like him but having a crush on Darius really helped me. I actually met him twice and he was such a gent and really friendly didn’t disappoint at all. One of the times he did a intimate gig and his voice was incredible it’s just heartbreaking I hope he knows he was loved by many x

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Gutted to hear about Darius. I always liked him and yes, that includes his Britney rendition on Popstars! Still remember the fighting his appearance on Pop idol inspired, including this piece of genius which still makes me laugh.

Living in an "apartment room" in Minnesota though? That doesn't sound great.

How sad 💔

Last edited:

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I think when someone has been ill for a while, I tend to think they become immortal almost. 73 is so young too, but she crammed so much into her life.

I sometimes see this song on Now 80s and I love it

May you rest in peace Olivia ❤

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Rest In Peace legendary songwriter Lamont Dozier.

He was part of the iconic Holland-Dozier-Holland songwriting team for so many Motown songs.

Here are just some of the songs they wrote. Behind a spoiler because its a long list, but worth having a look at.

6E501DEA-D0D0-47A3-916B-16613DF89860.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
D’you know how the deaths of some well known people knock you a little more than others ?

I felt that about Helen McCrory, I think it’s because we’re of the same age and she always looked strong, fit and vibrant.

What a loss to her family ❤❤.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Lynda Baron, Nurse Gladys from Open All Hours has died aged 82

And she still won't marry Arkwright. Even now.

I hope she enjoys her spotty patterned flight to the heavens above.

Such a great actress. And I loved her so much as the buxoum Nurse Gladys who never let Arkwright grab more than he was prepared to pay for!

• Heart
Reactions: 10

monga

VIP Member
I think when someone has been ill for a while, I tend to think they become immortal almost. 73 is so young too, but she crammed so much into her life.

I sometimes see this song on Now 80s and I love it

May you rest in peace Olivia ❤
I put that on the Saturday Night Disco thread we were just discussing her last week 🙁

• Heart
  • Sad

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Former racing driver and occasional Top Gear guest presenter / short term regular presenter Sabine Schmitz has died of cancer at 51:

:(
Really sad news about Sabine Schmitz. She was a brilliant woman, Queen of the Nurburgring, and had a smile that just was infectious at bringing joy. Loved her early appearances on Top Gear, was great at giving Jeremy Clarkson shit and banter.

• Heart
  • Sad

Chateau Marmont

RIP George Segal.

Dead at 87 after complications from bypass surgery.

He was absolutely hilarious in the sitcom Just Shoot Me, which was criminally underrated.

• Sad