Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Aww I liked Josephine Tewson. She was in a sweet wee programme called Clarence with Ronnie Barker. She was in a lot of things of his like Open All Hours and the Two Ronnie's. Also Midsummer Murders.

Darius has shocked me. He always seemed so vital and healthy. I met him once and he made time to talk to everyone and really listen. He even got the door for me when I was struggling. He was a proper gentleman and incredibly handsome. I believe his parents are cancer survivors, this must be so hard for them ☹

Reactions: 12

House of Tea

VIP Member
John Challis - Boycie in Only Fools has died.
I go to a lot of Xmas markets and country shows. Often used to see him there, selling his books. We went to the Great Yorkshire Show this year and he was there, think it was June. My husband said he looked terrible, he didn’t look right, we didn’t realise he had been suffering with cancer.

• Sad

Kmacg

Gutted about Darius. Was listening to him in the car the other day and husband asked who it was and laughed at me, i told him he was a really nice person and his music was lovely. So sad 💔

• Heart

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
Amen. When David Bowie died I was an absolute mess at work, I was just sat at my desk crying my eyes out all day. One of my colleagues asked me why I was so upset about the death of some "has been pop singer". I just looked at them incredulously and asked if they had any idea of what he'd meant to me and thousands of others. This quote sums up exactly what I couldn't articulate.

I'm still reeling at Taylor's death. I can't imagine what DG is going through now having lost two dear collaborators both far too early. It's just too sad. What a loss to the world.

• Heart

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
So very sad. Here in Yorkshire she's the Queen of writing. I have watched pretty much all her shows over the years. Children's Ward as a show I grew up watching in my school days. Syndicate is really good. She kept being ill private which makes it more of a shock when it's announced. I hope James Corden posts about it on his social media as she gave him his big break in Fat Friends.
Even the Yorkshire Queen of writing is allowed one mistake! 😄

• Haha

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I can't believe it. This one has really hit me. Poor Taylor. He was always so funny and gave great interviews. Such a big personality. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Doodlebug005

VIP Member
I’m so sorry Doodlebug that your father had to go through that and you had to experience it. Sending you hugs tonight ♥
Thank you, verykind of you., we were too young to lose him, my heart break for Dame Deborahs kids… we give out about social media but at least lots of memories have been preserved.

• Heart

scannertd

Chatty Member
RIP Jethro Lazenby, the son of Nick Cave.
The greatest sadness for all parents, outliving your children, and his second son to pass.
I have the best memories of going to gigs after moving to London to study in the early 80's, The Birthday Party and The Cramps at the Hammersmith Palais was mindblowing.
This is one of Nick's most beautiful songs, it was sung at a family wedding recently, i cried.

• Sad
  • Heart

VIP Member
Remember Dennis Waterman when he was in The Sweeny with John Thaw, yes I'm
that fucking old!! Minder was good, She Devil, fantastic.

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
Just read a piece on Fletch from DMode. He died from an aortic dissection. Which is most common in men 60-70. So at least there are answers.

• Sad