Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blonde_moment

Chatty Member
This has made me feel really sad. Far too young to die. He wasn’t much older than me. Just downloaded Colourblind, I forgot what a good song that was. RIP 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 13

Disneylover

VIP Member
This is such sad news, I always had a soft spot for Darius in the Pop Idol days, not to mention his successful career. He was so talented. Rest in peace 😢

Last edited:
  • Sad

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
Grease is one of my all time favourite films, I have the original double album soundtrack from the film.
Goodbye to Sandra Dee.

Australia has lost two legends with beautiful voices, within days of each other. I saw the Australian version of This is your life, featuring Judith Durham from The Seekers. The episode can be found on YouTube, and was made in 1997. One of the contributors was Olivia Newton John. They both seemed such lovely people.

Last edited:
  • Heart

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
No, no, no, no no, no, Trevor Peacock of Vicar of Dibley has died. Jim Trott was always one of my favourite member of the Dibley Parish Council.

• Sad

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Can't say I knew much about Darius. I knew of the name and face, but never listened to his music. Has there been any reports on how he died?
No, not yet
but I suspect it's either a suicide or drug overdose although I don't know anything about his lifestyle or how his career was going. But found alone with no suspicious circumstances are usually hallmarks of those kinds of deaths
😞

• Sad
Reactions: 12

leviosa

The wonderful Murray Walker has passed away. It's not been the same in F1 without him commenting for years but this feels like the real end of an era.

• Sad
  • Heart

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
Darius did come across as a really nice man. He used to go out with the model who is now married to Guy Richie.
He was very handsome wasn't he, gorgeous speaking voice too. I'm utterly shocked by this, so young to pass, and I grew up in the Popstars/Pop Idol era, it was huge so I remember Darius super well and always thought he came across like a good chap

• Heart

Blurp

VIP Member
We're finding at work a lot of the time now people are presenting very late, whether that's because they couldn't get a face to face GP appointment, didn't think it was serious, didn't want to go into a hospital during a pandemic, or for other reasons (cancer services have inherently been carrying on as best as they could during the pandemic, though some less 'emergency' surgery was pushed back I think at the height of the waves most Trusts did everything they could to keep it going) - it is really sad.
My friend died last October from cancer; her GP had refused to see her and kept prescribing paracetamol for her agonising back and shoulder pain over the telephone. Once she lost her voice, she was sent to ENT where they discovered the cancer immediately. She died after her first chemo course. Whereas I - just over the county border - was seen in person at my GP surgery, albeit in full PPE, when I had terrible stomach pains (fitted all the abdominal symptoms of Covid-19 when they released them a month or two later though never tested). Her husband and children are considering suing the health board or GP, or demanding an inquiry just so it doesn't happen again to anyone else.

• Heart
  • Sad

clueless

Chatty Member
Sean Lock 💔😢 I’m so upset by the news, it’s just heartbreaking, I could cry. Loved him on Cats does Countdown, he was hilarious and so off the wall! A true original. I really will miss him 😔

• Sad
  • Heart

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
Actor Gary Waldhorn (aka Councillor David Horton in 'The Vicar of Dibley' has died, age 78, joining some of his fellow cast :(. I loved his character. R.I.P.

• Sad

hehehe

VIP Member
No, not yet
but I suspect it's either a suicide or drug overdose although I don't know anything about his lifestyle or how his career was going. But found alone with no suspicious circumstances are usually hallmarks of those kinds of deaths
😞
I had a quick read around, and it seems he was in a car crash years ago and sustained terrible neck injuries ... that's sometimes the precursor to long-term abuse of painkillers.

Rest in Peace Darius. This is a shocker. His Britney is one of the most unforgettable UK TV moments of all time and we didn't appreciate it.

• Heart