Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DarnIt

VIP Member
Suddenly(!) I am feeling very mortal.
Bernard Cribbins, Oxo Dad, Lt Uhuru & Olivia Neutron Bomb in as many days.
RIP.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I honestly don't know if the band will be able to play the dates coming up with a guest drummer - I know if it was me I couldn't do it. It's not only Dave's bandmate that he's lost but his best friend, his 'brother from another mother, the person he'd take a bullet for' as he put it in his autobiography (get it, it's so good).
i truly think it’s the end of the foos tbh, i just can’t see any of them (but especially dave) wanting to carry on. maybe small tribute concerts here and there but i’m fully expecting a led zeppelin style “we just can’t continue with him” style announcement.

like you say, dave loved him so much and dave has lost so many friends prematurely. it’s heartbreaking.

• Heart

Secretadmirer

VIP Member
I’m really saddened by the death of Dame Deborah. I’m not sure why as it doesn’t normally affect me so much but I actually said out loud ‘oh god no!’ When it flashed up from BBC news on my phone (not sure why as I sort of knew it was going to happen!) and have felt sad all night about it.

• Heart

liar liar

VIP Member
Nick Kamen - aged 59 - the gorgeous male model who took his Levis off in the launderette :cry:

• Sad
  • Wow

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
He was very handsome wasn't he, gorgeous speaking voice too. I'm utterly shocked by this, so young to pass, and I grew up in the Popstars/Pop Idol era, it was huge so I remember Darius super well and always thought he came across like a good chap
I have such fond memories of that time. Me and the girl I shared a house with at the time watched all of Popstars and, on the day of the final, we shut the curtains and unplugged the phone so we wouldn't be disturbed as the "band" was revealed. I actually went to see Hear'Say live later that year.

I was even more obsessed with Pop Idol. It turned into a big office rivalry with one team supporting Gareth Gates and my team supporting Will Young 😂 The second after the result was announced, I got a text from one of the other team which just said "FIX" 🤣🤣

Whilst he was never my favourite, I always liked Darius and thought he had a great voice.

I just watched Colourblind on YouTube which was the gateway into some Hear'Say and Liberty X videos. Made me feel very happy and sad at the same time.

• Heart

Fanny Muchmore

VIP Member
I've only just been able to post about Taylor now. Yesterday it was just too difficult. I'm utterly heartbroken. 50 is way too young.

• Heart
  • Sad

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
My Dad knew Hillary professionally before she became a dragon and always said was a great person she was. Working in the very male logistics industry would not have been easy. Very sad to hear she has passed away.

KINGAA

VIP Member
He was on tour a week or so ago, at least he got to do the thing he loved one last time. Very sad!

• Heart

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
Actress Olympia Dukakis has died at the age of 89. She was truly memorable in Steel Magnolias. A very fine actress.

• Sad
  • Heart

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Somehow it always seems more affecting when it's someone who was so clearly full of life and exuberance. It's like a light suddenly going out. I always had a real soft spot for him since The Colour and the Shape came out. He always reminded me of an endearing, playful puppy. He seemed like a lovely guy. Bless Taylor.

• Heart