Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

liar liar

VIP Member
We're finding at work a lot of the time now people are presenting very late, whether that's because they couldn't get a face to face GP appointment, didn't think it was serious, didn't want to go into a hospital during a pandemic, or for other reasons (cancer services have inherently been carrying on as best as they could during the pandemic, though some less 'emergency' surgery was pushed back I think at the height of the waves most Trusts did everything they could to keep it going) - it is really sad.
We watched a series about a real hospital in real time during the pandemic. All of the operating surgeons were having to make cases every day for maybe only 2 or 3 surgery slots available. The problem was the intensive care beds and staff available. The consultants were at there wits end with having to tell patients that their operations had been cancelled for maybe the 3rd or 4th time. It was so emotional and draining and I wouldn't swap one minute of my live to walk a corridor in theirs. It was utterly humbling. Believe me, there was no 'less emergency' surgery. There were simply people who were just moving on from stage II to III cancers to the almost inoperable point. We are talking about people due to have had surgery pre the first lock down. This simply can't be allowed to happen again ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Skalle

I'm really sad about Darius, he was so talented and such a lovely man. Truly gutted :(

• Heart

Marj24

VIP Member
I was so sad to hear of the passing of Darius. He always seemed such a lovely man. It was admirable how he came back after Popstars to reinvent himself and do so well on Pop Idol and then afterwards.

I have seen him live in concert and in the musicals Chicago and Guys and Dolls. A few months ago I watched Hello Dolly on Sky Arts and he was great in that too.

RIP Darius ❤

I am putting up a link to one of his singles, Live Twice.

• Heart

Belulah

VIP Member
Poor sweet Sarah. GA were such a huge part of my teenage years and young adulthood.

no-no

VIP Member
Got all emotional blasting out I’d Do Anything for Love 🥲 Jim Steinman who wrote it passed last year at 73. Always had a soft spot for Meat Loaf. And I’ll never forget when he took off on Gary Busey in The Apprentice 😆

• Haha
  • Heart

Goldilocks3108

VIP Member
Poor Shane, I never followed his cricket career but remember him as Wayne Shaun in Kath & Kim. Sharon must be devastated….

Vanillaco

VIP Member
It seems like we've had a run of people dying well before their time. So awful. I'm a bit shaken by Helen McRory's death, because her son is the same age as mine :cry: RIP. And poor Damian Lewis. They seemed so in love and happy together.

• Sad
  • Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Really sad news about Meat Loaf. He was amazing at what he done, I know his music was rock n roll but he was kind of like his own genre.

Baconbutties

VIP Member
Paulie Walnuts was one of the best characters from The Sopranos and there were alot. The Pine Barrens episode is hilarious

• Heart

Baconbutties

VIP Member
Gutted. Gonna pop Bat out of Hell. Every songs a classic. God I love Paradise by the dashboard light
Just been announced that Meat Loaf has died aged 74 😢

Gutted. Gonna pop Bat out of Hell on. Every songs a classic. God I love Paradise by the Dashboard Light.

• Heart