Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monga

VIP Member
I was a huge fan of WWE/WWF back in the day, about 20 years ago. These days I barely follow it, but I'm aware of a few of the stars. Yeah, Bray Wyatt was a big star and there's videos on social media going around showing what a nice and friendly guy he was with fans. Wrestling always had it's dark side with drug use, alcoholism, CTE. Many wrestlers have died at younger ages. Not necessarily 36, but certainly before 50 years of age. Hulk Hogan was on Joe Rogan's podcast the other day and it was interesting to listen to him speak about the pain and surgeries he's endured. He had a hip replacement and two bad knees when he fought The Rock back at Wrestlemania 18. Incredble really, especially considering he would have been in his early 50s back then too.
Yeah ,its an elite sport, surprised he was allowed to partake with a heart condition .

Reactions: 1

Tangerine Cat

VIP Member
I didn't know that was a cover! And just read on wiki that Robbie Williams has never admitted it's a World Party song and often introduces it as 'the best song he's ever written' the liar.
It's in the Popbitch mail out tonight, did you read it there?

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
Media coverage over Sinèad's death is way over the top.
I hardly ever quote on here...but I just feel so upset...so you can just go feck off!
---
Just listening to "Drink before the war"
A beautiful song.
I need to learn the background of it...

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
I'm shocked that Russell Norman has died. I never ate in his restaurants but remember his show The Restaurant Man on BBC which I loved and which I wish had been recommissioned. I'd have put him at younger than 57.

monga

VIP Member
I've just done a quick Google search, which didn't come up with anything. So I guess he didn't have a brother in Showbiz.
I think it’s Bernie Winters I’m thinking of, can you believe the age of Richard O ‘ Sullivan in those pics? It only seems like yesterday they were on telly.
---

Last edited:

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
It has come as a bit of a shock, I didn't even know she was ill.
Because she's always been tall and thin, I just thought she had aged in recent images but she did look gaunt and very thin when she did the 'Old Friends' TV special about a year ago. She might not have been ill then but as she was due to be in the current theatre run, I'm presuming it was one of these rapidly progressing cancers so might have been recently diagnosed. It's just so very sad.

• Sad

Kizzie

She talks about the past two years?Dont know if it’s the same vid?

I didnt watch it all, She was really crying and suffering and it broke my heart to think she was like that just before she died, but apparently, it's from a few years back.