Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pinkii

VIP Member
So sad about Oliver and especially his 2 young daughters.

all you can hope for is that it was quick for them and no one suffered.

Reactions: 1

conrea37

VIP Member
That is no age to go :confused: and on a run, something we'd regard as being in good health to do.

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
I saw something suggesting he 'died of a broken heart' in Daily Mail earlier. Is there any suggestion that he took his own life?

monga

VIP Member
I think they booted him off cos of ageism and wokeness. I think Steve being Steve he would have soldered on with his afternoon show even if he was Ill. I think it must of been sudden.
---
Also I’m utterly sad and distraught about this.
Yes, they said he died sudden.

shellie

VIP Member
I went to see Take That live in my 30s.
I was dragged along by a friend who loved them.
No one else would go with her.

I wasnt a fan but I wasnt a hater either. I really did like "a milion love songs" though and I thought they might be fun to watch.
Their show was excellent.
Except it was totally ruined by the constant screaming " Robbie, Robbie" all the way through the show.
Gary did "a milion Iove songs" as a solo.
The stage was bare. It started to revolve as the intro started. Slowly as it revolved, Gary was revealed sitting at a beautiful grand piano and singing soulfully.
The selfish brats in the arena yelled "Robbie" all the way through.

A good gig totally ruined.
It was usually him or Mark that was screamed for. I went to several of their concerts and was lucky to get the front row twice so it wasn't as bad there but if you were in the middle or the back, you were lucky to hear a few words here and there of the songs. Even when they would talk to the audience they would get drowned out.

Glaschelle

VIP Member
Wha

What a slimey little creep.
This is rubbish.

It was well known that She's the One was a World Party song. It was talked about as a Robbie cover version

Plus the cd (as it was back then) would have had the songwriters name on it

monga

VIP Member
It's not always the case but someone who is known for being suicidal/depressed suddenly becoming cheerful and looking like they are perking up/looking to the future can be a huge red flag. It can mean they have decided, know it's coming and are at peace with it and enjoying their last days to give their family/friends some good memories when they are gone. I doubt family or friends will say anything unless they get offered money and someone chooses to take it so it will probably be a few months until we found out when the inquest opens.

I've seen some ask about a funeral and I would assume it's already been and gone. She converted to Islam back in 2018 and took on the name Shuhada’ Davitt before changing it to Shuhada Sadaqat only using Sinead O’Connor professionally and from what I remember, with Islam, people are usually buried the next day with the latest usually being three days after. Seemingly her conversion has been left off a few obituaries about her and many aren't happy as it was such a big deal.
They still hadn’t carried out a PM on Thursday so she’s not buried yet.

VIP Member
RIP David McCallum

I remember watching him in the 70's as The invisible man, also in Sapphire and Steel.
Quite a surprise for him to turn up in NCIS, his role as Ducky was amazing, what a
great career he had. I didn't know he was married to Jill Ireland years ago, she was the
actress who had some romance on screen with MR SPOCK in that classic Star Trek
episode.

RIP David.

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
Am heartbroken, having first seen her in 'Drop The Dead Donkey'. She was also a well renowned musical theatre acrtess too, and was due to appear in Stephhen Sondheim's Old Friends ( celebration of his career) in the West End. Wondered why she'd pulled out at short notice as I was looking forward to seeing her (and others) perform. So sad. This one has really got to me.
It has come as a bit of a shock, I didn't even know she was ill.

• Sad