Rest in Peace #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am so upset about Len Goodman. He had his waspish irascible side but he looked like an old style gent with wonderful tailored suits and with a wonderful turn of phrase. He had a twinkle in his eye. He was not flamboyant but he commanded attention as a head judge should. Lauded on both sides of the Atlantic for his expertise and personality, he has been much missed from SCD in the last few years.

He has pickled his walnuts for the last time. And it’s a 10 from all of us.✨🪩✨

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It seems particularly cruel for him to get bone cancer as a dancer, something that can make just moving around so difficult and painful. I imagine that was tough for him. RIP Len the true Strictly legend. Always a 10 from Len

Reactions: 9
Read that Len said his dad died at 79 and that he would probably go at the same age. His 79th birthday is tomorrow. Died one day off.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I actually can’t believe it. We have lost far too many wonderful people recently. I have lost a much loved member of my own family and maybe I’m overreacting or just very sensitive right now but the losses of all these celebrities I’ve loved and watched throughout my life seems so much harder to take.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm really sad to hear about Len.

I've not watched SCD for years, not since Alisha Dixon got given a judging spot and they kept meddling with the format ie: male celebs dancing one week, female celebs the next, etc. I just wanted a straight up dancing show with no fuss and it became the total opposite of that.

I did, though, always like Len the most out of anyone on the panel. RIP.

Reactions: 6
Undiagnosed heart conditions can often be the cause of unexpected deaths in men of that age (and younger). Happened to someone in my partner's family about18 months ago. Aged 37. Hadn't been feeling too well for a day or two. Put it down to a bug and didn't bother going to the GP. Sadly died suddenly in front of his little kids. Awful. We'd only been talking to him a couple of weeks before and he was fine. We later learned that his own father had gone in a similar way in his forties but he'd avoided getting checked out for the same underlying condition.
It was heart failure. His brother told a news agency.

Reactions: 3
Even though it's sad, i never feel as sad when it's someone of an old age like that. Anything below 70 saddens me more. I know that may sound odd, but death when someone is in their 90s or even 80s it becomes more common.
One of Joan Collins exes I believe

Reactions: 3
Even though it's sad, i never feel as sad when it's someone of an old age like that. Anything below 70 saddens me more. I know that may sound odd, but death when someone is in their 90s or even 80s it becomes more common.
I did a sort of workshop around aging, death and grief there a while ago (morbid? Me?) And it was all about normalising death and being comfortable with it, particularly when it's older people. An example the woman gave was how people keep saying we need to protect David Attenborough at all costs and saying it will be such a travesty when he dies despite that he is 96 and has lived a beautiful, colourful and purposeful life. Our language around death of very old people is a strange one because most people don't know how to accept death as a normal thing that comes for us all.

Like we can be sad, but devastation, especially for a total stranger is a little unhealthy (says the woman who will bawl her eyes out when Paul McCartney leaves the planet)

Reactions: 10
I knew Harry Belafonte was still alive but he seems to belong to a different era. I remember having black face makeup and singing daylight come and I want to go home in a school concert when I was a girl. It would not happen now.
I take it he was nul points.
I am sure David Attenborough understands better than most about the circle of life. I will miss his voice though.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.