Rest in Peace #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even though it's sad, i never feel as sad when it's someone of an old age like that. Anything below 70 saddens me more. I know that may sound odd, but death when someone is in their 90s or even 80s it becomes more common.
I know what you mean, but then when someone has done so much in their life - even when it’s very long - it still feels like such a loss.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Even though it's sad, i never feel as sad when it's someone of an old age like that. Anything below 70 saddens me more. I know that may sound odd, but death when someone is in their 90s or even 80s it becomes more common.
The grief is no less I can assure you x

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I did a sort of workshop around aging, death and grief there a while ago (morbid? Me?) And it was all about normalising death and being comfortable with it, particularly when it's older people. An example the woman gave was how people keep saying we need to protect David Attenborough at all costs and saying it will be such a travesty when he dies despite that he is 96 and has lived a beautiful, colourful and purposeful life. Our language around death of very old people is a strange one because most people don't know how to accept death as a normal thing that comes for us all.

Like we can be sad, but devastation, especially for a total stranger is a little unhealthy (says the woman who will bawl her eyes out when Paul McCartney leaves the planet)
I find younger people, especially musicians and actors etc, who die young have not fulfilled their potential. A couple of examples are Amy Winehouse and Freddy Mercury. There are more, i know, but a singer, actor etc in their 80s and 90s dying makes me think "well they lived a good, full life" but someone like Amy Winehouse who was only in her late 20s, but was already a very talented musician, could have gone on to be a great, but she died and we never know.

Then you have someone like Marilyn Monroe who had a blossoming career, but died at a young age in her mid 30s. The list goes on. Chadwick Boseman was the face of Black Panther, he was Black Panther, but died in his early 40s just as Black Panther was at its peak.

Reactions: 4
When an aged loved one dies, its still hard because they have been in your life for so much longer.
Ironically it shows how fast life actually passes , age seems to creep up so fast, take the Queen for instance and how quick frailty seemed to hit her .

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I find younger people, especially musicians and actors etc, who die young have not fulfilled their potential. A couple of examples are Amy Winehouse and Freddy Mercury. There are more, i know, but a singer, actor etc in their 80s and 90s dying makes me think "well they lived a good, full life" but someone like Amy Winehouse who was only in her late 20s, but was already a very talented musician, could have gone on to be a great, but she died and we never know.

Then you have someone like Marilyn Monroe who had a blossoming career, but died at a young age in her mid 30s. The list goes on. Chadwick Boseman was the face of Black Panther, he was Black Panther, but died in his early 40s just as Black Panther was at its peak.

Someone who believes in the afterlife/reincarnation etc told me that we are on the earth plane to learn and progress.
The ones who die young are old souls who have come back briefly to help another soul learn an important lesson.

I guess we'll all find out when our own time comes.

• Heart
  • Haha
SO sad about Len Goodman, but now we have been told how much money he has left.
I really hate that, do we really need to know that? Pisses me right off when the papers
do this.

Reactions: 8
It's sad when one is at that age where so many people on TV when we were growing up and even as adults, have passed away. Or when you see an ageing celeb and think "Oh God they look so old now!", then you remember you'll be 50 next birthday and they were an adult when you were small, so of course they're old and of course they'll look it!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It's sad when one is at that age where so many people on TV when we were growing up and even as adults, have passed away. Or when you see an ageing celeb and think "Oh God they look so old now!", then you remember you'll be 50 next birthday and they were an adult when you were small, so of course they're old and of course they'll look it!
I'm not 40 yet and I get what you mean. Does also remind me a bit of The Streets, namely the line:

"Then the girl in the cafe taps me on the shoulder / I realize five years went by, I'm older / Memories smoulder, winters colder..."

(Incidentally, and off topic, I didn't know that song is called "Weak Become Heroes" until googling it just now to find the exact lyric, I always assumed it was "We Become Heroes")

I know what you mean. I was watching a show a few weeks back about 90s music and one of the people who appeared was someone I had a huge crush on back in the day. When I saw him on screen, I was kinda taken aback at how he looked. He wasn't old by any means but he did look so different from what I last remembered him as. There are times I still think the 90s weren't that long ago then you remember it's actually been 30 years and that 13 year me is now 43 and older than he was when I liked him...

Reactions: 10
I remember Peter Martin’s Emmerdale exit many years back and sobbing despite the fact that there were many comedic elements such as him dying in a Star Trek costume.

I haven’t watched Emmerdale for a while but from memory they always excelled at the tearjerker deaths.

It must be very hard for actors in soaps and similar when the Actor has died and they film the characters funeral at some point. I think very little acting is required in these scenes as their grief is very real

Reactions: 1
Jerry springer age 79. I used to like his shows even though they did become a bit of a joke of themselves by the end

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.