Rest in Peace #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These talented musicians seem to die young. There's been a whole spate of them in the last weeks. :(

I enjoyed her books particularly Praxis and the TV adaptation of The Life and Loves of a She Devil.

Reactions: 9
I loved Fay Weldons work - her books, plays . I didn’t know she wrote for upstairs, downstairs. That series is a classic. One of the greats. Fay Weldon was one of our greats. RIP.

Reactions: 8
She also wrote the slogan "go to work on an egg". When she worked in marketing.

• Wow
I’m so sad to hear that Vialli has passed. It seems to have genuinely rocked a lot of people, which must be a testament to him being a good guy.

Reactions: 6
I’ve just been talking to my husband about Vialli’s death.

He was relatively young , healthy , stayed very very fit for years and also wealthy enough to buy any medication or access trials for treatment yet he still died before 60.

I’m going to bin off dry January , eat the biscuits butter and bacon and enjoy it all while I can.

Lots of thoughts to everyone who’s lost a loved one❤❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Back in the 90s, my friend worked as a nanny for a couple who had Chelsea season tickets. When they were out of town they'd give them to her to use so I ended up in Stamford Bridge 2 or 3 times. Villi was in Chelsea then. So it's one of those famous deaths that's got me.

• Heart
I don’t know why Vialli’s death has effected me so much today as I’m not a fan of any of his teams but he was one of the first footballers I knew about a lot when I was first getting into football when I was young and could still impress/surprise my husband by randomly knowing answers relating to him on Question of Sport etc.

I read his book last year and enjoyed that too and I just feel sad.

• Heart
Pancreatic cancer is a bleep. A friend of mine lost her dad to it at a similar age to Vialli, and he went from feeling a bit ill for a while to dying within weeks. It's not something I'd wish on anyone.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
There seems to have been an awful lot of people dying in their 60's over the last 18 months.

I know things have gotten bad, but I didn't think that bad.

I consider dying under the age of 80+ nowadays to be a waste.

With increasing medical science we should be living longer. Not having mortality ages as seen in the 1930's and 40's.

Reactions: 11
Pancreatic cancer is a bleep. A friend of mine lost her dad to it at a similar age to Vialli, and he went from feeling a bit ill for a while to dying within weeks. It's not something I'd wish on anyone.
It’s a terrible illness ❤

There seems to have been an awful lot of people dying in their 60's over the last 18 months.

I know things have gotten bad, but I didn't think that bad.

I consider dying under the age of 80+ nowadays to be a waste.

With increasing medical science we should be living longer. Not having mortality ages as seen in the 1930's and 40's.
I keep saying 60 is the new 80 ,people find it amusing but it’s true.

• Sad
I think I read that Terry Hall had pancreatic cancer too 😞 I think it’s one of those that’s hard to spot until it’s quite advanced.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
It's amazing that Vialli survived it initially and then it returned. Five years he had suffered with it for. Well, five years going through treatment, getting the all clear etc.

Reactions: 1
She also wrote the slogan "go to work on an egg". When she worked in marketing.
Wasn't that Salman Rushdie? I'll have to look it up.

Right, I've looked it up. You're correct, she was the one. Rushdiewas responsible for "Naughty but nice."

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.