Remaining_hopeful #3 Robbie, Ollie & Kim.. is she bright or is she dim….

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A tough morning getting out of the house to dump the baby with his nana 🙄🙄 you’d swear she to get to work or something!!

Reactions: 5
A tough morning getting out of the house to dump the baby with his nana 🙄🙄 you’d swear she to get to work or something!!
I'd say her mother doesn't get a minutes peace from her, she really needs to join some Parent & Toddler Groups or make some friends.

Moaning about being in traffic for an hour, some people have no choice but to be out at that hour of the morning because they are driving to school/work. Perish the thought she'd have to wait until after 9pm when the traffic quietens down a bit

Reactions: 6
She's obsessed with coffee for some reason, wasn't she showing herself making them every day with her new frother a few weeks back.
Some people try to make liking coffee their entire personality
---
Kim probably does want to be pregnant thinking back on her first pregnancy, nothing to do but lie in bed and feeling entitled to do and eat what she likes, all the attention and the what she would feel is a valid reason to dump Ollie with nana while she no doubt struggles with exhaustion or ‘morning sickness’ etc.. but a second pregnancy probably won’t be like that. Despite the fertility issues of the past she’ll be down as having had a good pregnancy and a baby already so the shine will have long wore off, same goes for family and friends no doubt, there’s a baby/toddler involved and a house to keep and there will be more of a get on with it mentality. For her and Ollies sake she should hold off a while

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I don’t think immediately after going on medication for depression/anxiety is a good time to plan a baby anyway. She needs to take some time to work on her mental health before adding another baby to her family, she can’t take care of the first one for 7 days straight at the moment

Reactions: 10
I had my baby around the same time as Kim and have no choice but to return to work now. I wish I could lay about at home after offloading the baby every few days, but I have to earn a living- and also want to show my child about work ethic.

Reactions: 2
I had my baby around the same time as Kim and have no choice but to return to work now. I wish I could lay about at home after offloading the baby every few days, but I have to earn a living- and also want to show my child about work ethic.
Can people please stop with the narrative that stay at home parents don’t show a work ethic for the child ? It doesn’t make you less of a parent if you go to work or staying at home. Many people give up careers to be a stay at home parent. I know not everyone is in the position to stay at home either, Kim is one type of stay at home parent. Not very stay at home parent does as little as she does.
Edited to add. Obviously if you do work you are setting a good example. I’m not taking away from it but stay at home parents aren’t setting a bad example.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Can people please stop with the narrative that stay at home parents don’t show a work ethic for the child ? It doesn’t make you less of a parent if you go to work or staying at home. Many people give up careers to be a stay at home parent. I know not everyone is in the position to stay at home either, Kim is one type of stay at home parent. Not very stay at home parent does as little as she does.
Edited to add. Obviously if you do work you are setting a good example. I’m not taking away from it but stay at home parents aren’t setting a bad example.
Absolutely, stay at home parents are great examples to children, however is she a stay at home parent? I don’t see much parenting, much nurturing, much setting examples, and I think that was the point.
Staying at home and watching tv sitting in some kind of container is the majority of his life apart from when he gets to Nanas, it’s awful

Reactions: 3
I think it’s blatantly obvious ‘mammy’ is a waster and not a stay at home parent. ‘Mammy’ got fired from a temp job for erratic behaviour, got a job delivering pizza and complaining people didn’t tip her (after paying a delivery charge) until she went to Prague. She hasn’t lifted her finger since. She’s a slob. Slobbed out on couch at home, child tied in to some box or other, undressed, unwashed, grey from lack of fresh air. She’s a waster.

Reactions: 10
Absolutely this. I don’t get the shaming around mothers staying at home to raise kids, equally don’t get it around working mothers either. From a glance Kim is a sahm but she’s not, she doesn’t want to work and also doesn’t really want to mother. I like many other stay at home parents gave up a job I loved in order to be at home in these early years and I know how privileged it was to be able to make that decision

Reactions: 1
Anyway how can they afford another round? One wage? Surely their rent is huge?

Reactions: 1
I suppose she's thinking of her age in regards to having anotheris it? I had some ridiculous reason in my head that I wanted all mine by 35. Had one at 40 after😅

And yes stay at home mothers shouldn't be shamed for anything. I'd one relative claim she was going back to work for 'work ethic' when she'd no choice but to go back. Absolutely fine but don't say the rest of us dont have any because we can choose to stay home if we want.

Stay at home parents work!!! They work damn hard!
Kim is not a stay at home parent- she’s a dosser.
If she were a decent stay at home mammy I wouldn’t say a thing against her, but she’s a lazy sow, and Ollie won’t learn a thing about work from her.

Saw she was taking him swimming and thought great, then saw oh she took her mother along too. Now I know people like to go places together and it's helpful too but isn't it nice to have your own children to yourself doing nice things.

Reactions: 5
Saw she was taking him swimming and thought great, then saw oh she took her mother along too. Now I know people like to go places together and it's helpful too but isn't it nice to have your own children to yourself doing nice things.
Same- although perhaps her mam wanted to come along? Taking a small baby swimming is stressful even when you’re not Kim. A second pair of hands is useful!!

Same- although perhaps her mam wanted to come along? Taking a small baby swimming is stressful even when you’re not Kim. A second pair of hands is useful!!
He's not that small baby though. He's 8 months old now and a lot sturdier. I found it much more stressful bringing either of mine swimming before 5 or so months. I'd say it was Nana's idea anyways. She's basically the child's third parent at this point.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.