Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Didn't they give you a second appointment ? if not just leave it until they contact you . I know they're doing pop up vaccinations clinics in certain areas but according to the science the greater interval between jabs the better 🤷‍♀️
No, they didn't. I think I'll wait until the 8 week mark, then if I don't hear I'll give them a call. There's been a bit of contradictory info out there on when to receive the 2nd jab, so as you say, probably best to wait it out until they contact me. Thanks anyway, appreciate it.

Reactions: 1

mcfeez

VIP Member
Should we have the info at the point of injection? I think that's too late, especially as it's likely kids will get vaccinated at school. Plus in some of these hubs you get rushed through before you've even had chance to sit down.
This should be a public discussion and all over the news, but all we hear is that we have to take the vaccine and that it's safe.

It might be rare, but if someone told you that your kid could have a sweet and there was 1 in 1000 chance it would damage his heart forever, would you let them have it? I know I wouldn't
I got handed my information prior to receiving my vaccine and could have said no at any point. Its more than I got when I went a couple of years ago to receive my hepatitis vaccine and DTP booster shot.

I don't have children - odd argument to make.

This must be a recent thing they didn't hand out anything in February when I got mine.
Well obviously I can't speak for everyone, that could be the case. I got handed stuff going in and more stuff leaving as well.

monga

VIP Member
I took part in the Novavax clinical trial and was in the vaccine arm (I was unblinded as I'm an NHS worker and so would have had it through work if I had had the placebo). At the time I had a sore arm and that was absolutely it...first dose in October 2020, second in November 2020

Started feeling ill last Tuesday with a cough and went immediately for a PCR test (lateral flow was negative). Tested positive for Covid. I can honestly say I have never felt so ill in my life as I have over the past week. However I am still a massive advocate for the vaccine - either I am proof that regular boosters may be required or I'm just unlucky to have caught it, but either way I'd hate to think how ill I might have been had I not had the vaccine. I have an extensive career of studying in and working in clinical research so feel more reassured than most here about the vaccine itself.

I see people describing themselves as low-risk and trusting their immune system; it was even agreed by a doctor that I am about as low risk as you can possibly get - I'm 35, female, white, generally healthy and even o rhesus negative blood type - yet I was not prepared at all for how floored I have been by Covid and how far away from being well I still feel.

I still agree however it should be individual choice but as long as it's informed correctly and not based on bogus conspiracies; also if restrictions are implemented on the unvaccinated then again that's something they will have to just put up with...
Haven’t they followed you up to see how long lasting the vaccine is? I saw hundreds of healthcare workers that got the Sinovac vaccine have become infected / died you’d think they’d be keeping a close eye on vaccine efficacy in people

ChineseAlan

VIP Member
No one knows for sure, they seem to change the stats every week but I think overall it reduces the risk of getting it, greatly reduces the risk of symptoms and reduces the risk of transmitting it to some extent. So overall the chance of your son getting it and passing it to you is lower since he has the jabs.
Thank you, that helps and reassures me.

I shouldn’t have looked at sky news tonight. Bloody hell their website on the UK stories is terrifying to read.

From what I’ve read phizer vaccine seems to reduce the symptoms of delta so while you still have a reduced risk of catching it if you do your less likely to be sick.
Thank you 😊

monga

VIP Member
Apologies, I was perhaps a bit defensive in my last post directed to you.

I have read about the vaccines and how they work, but I have not read much about how they interact with various cancers. I find the biology fascinating and I am always wanting to learn more, but there is just so much literature out there. Particularly with cancers I feel you need to have a good understanding of the specific cancer before you can understand any effect the vaccine might have on it.
No problem ,I know they use that tech in the advancement of immunotherapy for cancer patients it's a great advancement for some but always interesting to find out exactly what changes they bring about in the human body , like you I haven't read up on it but I worry about autoimmune conditions and that type of tech ,could it trigger certain conditions to get worse if your immune system doesn't function properly and is already attacking your body .There's so many questions and not enough answers atm.

monga

VIP Member
Which is a pain for a lot of people having to carry something your passport with you whenever you go out and try not to lose it after a few drinks. Surely they plan on simplifying it so the covid passport is like your passport so you only need one not two things.
Even kids have to prove they’re under 18 😂

• Wow

monga

VIP Member
The Delta variant does need further research regarding the transmission.

Two studies1,2 from Israel, posted as preprints on 16 July, find that two doses of the vaccine made by pharmaceutical company Pfizer, based in New York City, and biotechnology company BioNTech, based in Mainz, Germany, are 81% effective at preventing SARS-CoV-2 infections. And vaccinated people who do get infected are up to 78% less likely to spread the virus to household members than are unvaccinated people. Overall, this adds up to very high protection against transmission, say researchers.

And the highly transmissible Delta variant is a major source of uncertainty. The Israeli studies and others are based on the circulation of earlier variants, in particular Alpha, but research suggests that vaccines offer slightly reduced protection against Delta.
Big drop in infections
F9FD8BF3-DCC6-4478-90FE-1B94D0D5296F.jpeg

I am vegetarian, but got my first shot this morning. There are no aborted fetal cells in the manufactured vaccines/injections (at least for Pfizer/Moderna). They only used fetal cell lines for testing purposes. I personally don't see the link with being vegetarian/vegan. Animal testing and fetal cell lines testing have nothing to do with each other.

I personally don't believe 100% of what comes out of Israel. They're not even in the top 10 of countries which have contributed the most to Science, so I'll take anything that comes out of there with a grain of salt. And before anyone says anything, let's not go down the route of "that's because they're not corrupt by Big Pharma".
US data and Pfizer themselves are saying waning immunity from 4/6 months
1C23CC3D-123D-4586-A0A1-2A606515BC3C.jpeg

monga

VIP Member
Reinfections being looked at too

My ! My! What a surprise ( not)

Last edited:

HaggisInMyBin

Chatty Member
Apologies for gatecrashing this thread but I’m not sure where else to post it.

I had an interesting discussion tonight around vaccinations in the UK (I state UK as there seems to be some differences with vaccinating under 18’s across Tattle)

2 married adults (40’s with no underlying health issues). One has chosen to be fully vaccinated. One has chosen to to delay their decision. Each respect the others decision on the whole. But they have children in the 12 - 18 category. And while at present that age group are not being vaccinated in the UK, it’s not inconceivable that it will happen going forward. Neither believe the children are mature enough to give informed consent. If they disagreed (they don’t in this instance - neither want their children vaccinated) who would have the overriding ‘vote’?

Sorry if this isn’t the right place to post. I’m just really curious as it’s so potentially divisive going forward.

monga

VIP Member
The Americans will be giving booster shots after data showed waning immunity also mandated vaccines in different settings
1EB6CA3C-EC29-4155-86AE-415D79E90558.jpeg
7D56E1D2-CE66-4C43-B95B-223236EC1495.jpeg

ChineseAlan

VIP Member
The families i know , the wife is positive in one family and the daughter in the other. But only those 2 people are positive , not the whole family. And none of them have symptoms. Not even the positive people, they are all fine. my husband texted them tonight. Yes they are all vaccinated, so that may reassure you they are not unwell. My husbands work friend has text tonight, he had been to a pub in the big town, he has tested positive last week, had a very mild cold type illness and is right as rain now. A lot of people think the media have done nothing but scaremonger, so try to ignore it. Im not saying it doesnt exist, more that it wont be very serious for everybody and you may not catch it at all. I will answer you anytime if it helps you feel a bit better. I know what worrying is like . xx
Thank you. I guess they’ve no symptoms as they’re vaccinated so it’s preventing a more serious illness.

I keep hearing of too many people double jabbed still catching it so I worry about my son bringing it into the house despite being double vaccinated, then passing it onto me. I know of a lady who’s double vaccinated and still caught covid and is really unwell.

The media really don’t help. Seeing in August expecting 100,000 cases a day and 200 deaths plus 2000 hospital admissions is really concerning.

Thank you. I have no rational mind when it comes to covid and no calm reassuring person to turn to, so thank you for your reassurance 💖 x

• Heart

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
However, as we have stated before, while the Yellow Card scheme records reported adverse reactions following vaccination, it does not mean the vaccines are necessarily the cause of these reactions.

While the MHRA monitors the effects of the vaccines, it has noted the number and nature of Yellow Card reports is “not unusual for a new vaccine for which members of the public and healthcare professionals are encouraged to report any suspected adverse reaction.”

The MHRA notes that the “overwhelming majority” of these reports are of injection site reactions that are “not associated with more serious or lasting illness” which “reflect the acute immune response triggered by the body to the vaccines, are typically seen with most types of vaccine and tend to resolve within a day or two.”

Out of the 857,323 suspected reactions, 1,400 include more serious potential side effects such as anaphylaxis, blood clots and capillary leak syndrome (a rare but potentially fatal condition where blood leaks from the small blood vessels into the body). Again, this does not mean that the vaccine caused them.

There have been 1,213 reported deaths within seven days of vaccination. Although Mr Corbyn gave the correct number, he was wrong to say these were all caused by the vaccines.

The MHRA’s report states: “The majority of these reports were in elderly people or people with underlying illness.”

monga

VIP Member
Doesn’t seem to be protecting the oldies as well as the working age
687E1711-3473-4B0C-A95E-EBC4401B2C66.jpeg

I wonder where this leaves the AZ that didn’t perform as well as Pfizer
3DF20B46-4570-4007-9F74-F183C70E124B.jpeg

monga

VIP Member
the gillick competence is generally used when it’s a young adult transitioning from childhood into adulthood, they have to show they’re mature and demonstrate they have the knowledge etc so it’s not as simple as for eg a 10 year old saying oh I want the vaccine. Most drs also aren’t going to overrule a parent unless they believe it’s in the child’s best interest and considering they aren’t yet advocating for childhood covid vaccines I can’t see it happening soon
Come to think of it I keep seeing an Ad pop up on FB from the NSPCC about how to tell when your child is mature enough :unsure:

BBC now reporting about the side effects

• Wow

ChineseAlan

VIP Member
Last summer we were just coming out of a very strict lockdown where most people fully complied. We weren’t testing asymptomatic cases at all, and only really testing symptomatic people if they were in hospital or working in healthcare. We didn’t really open hospitality until July, whereas it’s been open quite freely this year since May. We also didn’t have a more contagious variant as our dominant strain.
Thank you for explaining. I find it all overwhelming and confusing.

Happy Lady

VIP Member
I can see your point but I dont know what the answer is. Medically we face these issues day in day out. Smokers taking up hospital beds, should they be turned away? Obese people? Drug addicts? I mean the list of people who partake in self destructive behavior is long. If we were to turn all these people away or make them wait longer while we accommodate the healthier, those who look after themselves im not sure thats a society many of us would be proud to be part of. That being said I have private health insurance and am fit and healthy so have never in my life required medical treatment apart from pregnancy related so I guess my opinion is colored by that.

This is exactly what I mean. We seem to be at a stage where someone is prioritising who should/can receive treatment.

I don't know what the answer is. However, I do feel that, for instance, cancer patients, those with heart problems, and all the other patients who are on waiting lists, should not be turned away any longer - they are entitled to have their treatment.

My question related to Covid, in as much as who makes the decisions and is it fair to put Covid above everything else? After saying that anyone suffering having difficulty breathing needs just as much nursing as the next.

I think doctors and nurses have a terrible dilemma.