Rebeccaloves__#52 watching TV seasonally

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
10 years since their wedding… I was actually following her then which is quite depressing.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Boarding schools aren't free though, are they?!!
NOr can you cut out vouchers from the sun for them? :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I’m a teacher so very capable of homeschooling education wise, mentally though absolutely not. School is so so much more than just lessons. Also, if she thinks things are easier once they can read and write she is in for a shock. Phonics is the easy bit.

Reactions: 17
10 years since their wedding… I was actually following her then which is quite depressing.
You and me both! 😂 Ten years since the wedding, and that makes it 18 years since that fateful school trip!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Grabby places no value whatsoever on education she just wants to be able to go on holiday whenever she likes. Her kids would really benefit from being in school for the social skills and getting away from their parents for a start…

• Heart
Reactions: 18
They still have state boarding schools but you do pay, just for the boarding part. Peter Simmonds College is a state sixth form boarding school, one of my daughter’s friends goes there.

State boarding school is still £10-15k per year. No way are they spending that.

Reactions: 2
Kids=content, they won’t be going anywhere (apart from endless day trips to N London, etc).

Reactions: 14
Kids=content, they won’t be going anywhere (apart from endless day trips to N London, etc).
And calling it educational 🤦‍♀️

Also she banned the grandparents from letting them watch tv because they have more time and energy than Grabby and Grandpa. Yet they've still got time to make a special trip to a bakery in Henley...

Reactions: 10
Why does she have to share that Raffy was running naked round the garden? Respect his privacy!

Griddled Wild garlic spears are not romantic 🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Why does she have to share that Raffy was running naked round the garden? Respect his privacy!
This, and also about him tripping over. Like why do we all need to know the most ridiculous minutiae of their weekend? Why does she think anyone cares? Next she's probably going to share details of their toileting and digestive issues. Poor kids, nothing is private for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This, and also about him tripping over. Like why do we all need to know the most ridiculous minutiae of their weekend? Why does she think anyone cares? Next she's probably going to share details of their toileting and digestive issues. Poor kids, nothing is private for them.
Given the ridiculous size of his shoes is it any wonder he tripped?!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I’m a teacher so very capable of homeschooling education wise, mentally though absolutely not. School is so so much more than just lessons. Also, if she thinks things are easier once they can read and write she is in for a shock. Phonics is the easy bit.
My daugher is the same age as Freya and I cannot imagine teaching or exposing her to the things she has been in school. Her school has a value of the week, its Church of England catchment school (we are not religious), but she's learnt a lot about morals etc through this. She's even come home singing things like Elton John songs and pop culture stuff. And this is mainly play/child led learning in reception, she is also doing so well at phonics and teaching me things! Has a little group of friends as well. I think home Ed has its place for many children and their families but personally I am amazed at the things she has learnt outside the obvious reading and writing. I really hope Grabby doesn't go through with this for the kids sake !

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I do love to lurk on this thread and have a good laugh at your comments. I also couldn’t unsee the state of grandpa’s hands and feet so I had to share it here (guess that’s what you get when you wear the same crusty trainers everyday for 20 years)

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
My daugher is the same age as Freya and I cannot imagine teaching or exposing her to the things she has been in school. Her school has a value of the week, its Church of England catchment school (we are not religious), but she's learnt a lot about morals etc through this. She's even come home singing things like Elton John songs and pop culture stuff. And this is mainly play/child led learning in reception, she is also doing so well at phonics and teaching me things! Has a little group of friends as well. I think home Ed has its place for many children and their families but personally I am amazed at the things she has learnt outside the obvious reading and writing. I really hope Grabby doesn't go through with this for the kids sake !
Exactly! I can’t see how it would be beneficial for her kids. I get that for some people it’s a life choice, and I’m sure they strive to do their best. Grabby wants school to teach both kids how to read and write and then wants to take them off to travel for a couple of years before handing them back and have someone else try and bridge the gaps.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15