Rebecca Lamb #23 Slippers are grim, education is thin but we’d quiet like more time travelling

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly don’t know a single child that doesn’t like fruit. He must be so used to food that looks like it’s been blender that the sight of any other texture confuses him.

what’s this mummy?
its microwaved grey/brown cereal darling, really yummy.

I hope we get another story of Woody throwing it away!

She might as well have had another pack of cookies!
The only fruit my 10 year old likes is raspberries 🙈😩 when he was Alfie’s age though he would eat his weight in fruit!

I’m not worried about the fruit thing because he loves vegetables (will always ask for more!) but Alfie and woody literally get nothing...how can she think that’s normal?!

Reactions: 5
Deja vu with the stories... bed making, smoothie making. Let me guess... hi guys I've not been on stories much to talk.

Same tit, different day 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Jesus adding up the calories in her smoothie it is probably approx 500 or even more!!! She probably has no clue about calorie deficit/ surplus and weight loss /gain. She just thinks it is "healthy" because it is green. Wow.

Reactions: 14
Plenty of kids don’t like fruit, same as veg. My youngest is a little bugger for not eating fruit. But, I shove it in everything in secret and he gets his 5 (at least) a day!
I don’t know why she isn’t incorporating it into other snacks/meals! 🤦🏻‍♀️ She’s so lazy when it comes to the boys!
She could make them both a lovely juice (not a sugar filled smoothie) for the morning with different fruits and teach Alfie the benefits!
She infuriates me!

Reactions: 3
Alfie doesn’t like fruit because he’s never been offered it and I bet if he has, he’s just said “I don’t like it” and she’s gone along with it because that kid gets his own way all the time!

Reactions: 11
My mum makes hot Weetabix like that, it makes me heave. 😩 it’s like baby food 🤢

Do they still do the morning fruit scheme in schools? Mine did when I was in primary school although that was nearly eleven years ago now so maybe times have changed - if so I wonder if alfie has fruit then? You weren’t allowed to bring a morning snack, you had the fruit.

Reactions: 1
My mum makes hot Weetabix like that, it makes me heave. 😩 it’s like baby food 🤢

Do they still do the morning fruit scheme in schools? Mine did when I was in primary school although that was nearly eleven years ago now so maybe times have changed - if so I wonder if alfie has fruit then? You weren’t allowed to bring a morning snack, you had the fruit.
They still do in my sons school for ks1 x

Jesus adding up the calories in her smoothie it is probably approx 500 or even more!!! She probably has no clue about calorie deficit/ surplus and weight loss /gain. She just thinks it is "healthy" because it is green. Wow.
The smoothie would be fine if you were doing a real work out/weight training. But she don’t do any of that she’ll prob do a couple of those knee kick ups she does

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Am I being stupid and misunderstanding what protein powder is for? Is it not more beneficial to use it if your actually excercising because it can’t be filling her up to stop her snacking if she’s still snacking on choc buttons and cookies. Also “this is what I’m using for all those asking” no fucker is asking Becky you twatwaffle it’s just your running out and are hoping you can beg some more off Protein World. What a time to be alive eh Bec! Begging for all your freebies.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
From experience with my kids, you search for fruit and veg they really enjoy and then give that to them? I tell my eldest if he doesn't eat his fruit and veg he doesn't get dessert. It's not rocket science is it haha

Reactions: 10
Protein powder is massive calories isn’t it? I only know Cos I follow fopperholic and she sniffs eats grenade protein bars and I wanted one but they had so many calories in I thought sod that - I think it was like 500 in one bar which was more than a Greggs sausage roll, sod that, give me the sausage 😆 for Rebecca it’s definitely just going to make her pile pounds on... although I thought she was making a protein smoothie for the kids this morning. They don’t need that much protein either right?! 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Loved the story of her asking Woody to point to the various fridge magnets. Strange that she didn’t ask him to point to broccoli or tomato though. Would that be because the poor kid wouldn’t know what they are because he never sees them?
Here’s a few tips Rebecca: stop telling your ‘audience’ in front of your kids that they don’t like fruit and vegetables, you are just reinforcing it. Stop assuming they won’t like things, try things without making a big deal of it being new or different. Don't try once then give up if they don’t eat something, keep offering. And stop assuming because Alfie doesn’t like something neither will Woody.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m absolutely baffled at her parenting! Why does she buy the same limited fruit and veg each week?! Bananas and carrots, maybe a spinach leaf she leaves in the slow cooker all day and a pack of strawberry’s. I’v got 2 children similar ages and I, like everyone else I assume buys so much fruit and veg when I go shopping for the week. Where are the apples, grapes, blueberries, oranges, they need a variety. Where’s the broccoli, green beans, cauliflower, cabbage, all the greens?? Why isn’t she loading their plates with 2-3 pieces of veg every night, different veg to try. She’s shocking. As well as buying loads for the week I still need to go stock up again once for a few more bits of fresh fruit and veg because as a family of 4, eating a lot of the stuff, we run out in less than a week. She really shocks me.

Reactions: 12
I can't believe she makes such a song and dance about doing the bed in the morning. It's just a normal part of most people's routines, the same as brushing your teeth. Get over it love, it's really not that big a deal 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 16
And she wonders why they are always ill? Two little slices of banana? Sorry but Alfie is old enough now to be told if he doesnt eat any veg or fruit he isnt having a treat. But then how fo you blame him when neither of his parents eat it?

Reactions: 9
Loved the story of her asking Woody to point to the various fridge magnets. Strange that she didn’t ask him to point to broccoli or tomato though. Would that be because the poor kid wouldn’t know what they are because he never sees them?
Here’s a few tips Rebecca: stop telling your ‘audience’ in front of your kids that they don’t like fruit and vegetables, you are just reinforcing it. Stop assuming they won’t like things, try things without making a big deal of it being new or different. Don't try once then give up if they don’t eat something, keep offering. And stop assuming because Alfie doesn’t like something neither will Woody.
I totally agree with don't give up with having them try something new, I read once that it takes up to 10 times maybe more to release actually you don't like something, when we started weaning my youngest she would never eat her broccoli but I still served it on her plate every time and about the 5th time she actually ate it and has never refused it since! I think it's so important to offer as much fruit and veg when they're just learning about food so they don't get the mindset "yuck vegetables" if they have it daily then they should never really refuse it😂

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.