Rebecca Lamb #171 Mrsrebeccahobson Beggy Hob get a job, new house pending no more pretending

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One if my kids had a problem with glue ear and I hadnt even noticed , when they started nursery they let me know they thought there was something wrong with their hearing , turns out although they were talking full conversations they were lip reading me , not that much older than Roma

Of course I felt bad I hadn't noticed but went full on organising ear nose and throat consultation and speaking clearly in front of them etc One appointment at hospital and then another couple months later and it had sorted itself out !

What I am saying is theres no shade in accepting someone else's concerns and always better to get checked out asap by the professionals !
Same happened with one of my nieces. School pointed out she either missed things or sat right at the front to pick things up and lipread, told sister in law who got on to it via docs then hospital, she had grometts (spelling?) fitted but needs them redone, spotted this time by sister in law as she knew what the signs were. It's called good childcare , not trolling Beggy.
---
So they’ve taken down the beds and packed Romas toys (I’d say all but we all their toys know the boys don’t have any).. surely they’ve got to be moving tomorrow? Or, they’ve already moved and she’s just using old videos on her story?
Nah, she'll just have packed away their toys cos she's horrible.

Reactions: 15
My eldest daughter was an extraordinary talker by 18 months - it was actually crazy because we could hold conversations with her. She was in childcare from a year old (because I had a proper job Beggy) and she just thrived.

What hope is there for poor little Roma when all she does is get dragged around in that stupid carrier and to Starbucks? 😭 I know we all make comparisons but look at Joe Wicks’ daughter who was born the same day as Roma 🤯

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
My eldest daughter was an extraordinary talker by 18 months - it was actually crazy because we could hold conversations with her. She was in childcare from a year old (because I had a proper job Beggy) and she just thrived.

What hope is there for poor little Roma when all she does is get dragged around in that stupid carrier and to Starbucks? 😭 I know we all make comparisons but look at Joe Wicks’ daughter who was born the same day as Roma 🤯
Lottie Drynan has a little girl about a week or so younger than Roma and her speech is amazing too, poor little Roma ❤

Reactions: 11
Romas new outfit on with dirty Converse - didn't she buy her Converse which were too big, these might be new Vinted ones 😏

Awful, just awful watching Roma 😞🙁.. I agree with you All, so terrible to listen to her.

Our son was delayed in All areas, but at least we acknowledged/confronted our situation - why are they not doing something. To be talking to Roma like she understands and can reply - Rebecca, when I think I can't abide you any more, you show this. You are an utter disgrace.
Yes this was the thing that irritated me with that story. Roma wasn’t saying any real words but Beggy kept talking like she understood everything Roma was saying, no encouragement to speak, no repeating words for Roma to copy. It was actually really sad. Wasn’t it the same with Alfie? Didn’t she get all crappy when the nursery or something raised concerns about his speech & she just said it was fine because she could understand him?

• Heart
Reactions: 18

FAO Beggy - Notice how Joe asked “would you like MANGO?” “Would you like blackberry?” “Would you like tonic?” Whilst showing the items. This is how you help a child build up a good vocabulary with lots of lovely words that have associations with items. Try it with Roma!

sitting there asking her “did you have a nice day? What have you done today? Where have you been today?” And other repetitive drivel is NOT supporting her language development.

fgs get in contact with your health visitor and raise concerns about her speech and ask to be referred to a speech an language therapist.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Joe’s little girl is adorable. He’s not my favourite person in the world but he’s interacting with her in exactly the right way and it clearly shows. Groma spends her life staring at her mums spotty chest and arse and being asked ‘are you wavinnnnnn’.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Poor child can’t even say ‘Mummy’, there’s something not right.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
That video of Roma 😭😭😭 oh my god. She cannot even say 1 word! She’s incoherent. That’s actually so sad.
Rebecca, if you’re reading this, which we know you are, PLEASE get some support for her! Clearly something is not quite right there.

Reactions: 27
Well they must be moving within the next week then because the boys have finished at their school.

Reactions: 10
The way Rebecca is acting like she can understand every word she's saying is the kind of thing you do with a 6 month old when they're babbling away. My little girl was born in the June, Roma was the September so 3 months older. Her speech is excellent and blows us away at times - she loves the Hungry Caterpillar and the other day she said 'butterfly has powerful wings!' she's not even 2 yet. I have no idea where she's getting it from, we've never taught her that word specifically but they're like little sponges at this age.

She also stroked some of my chin hairs the other day and said 'mummy your face is crunchy' but we won't get into that :ROFLMAO:

I worry about my kids surpassing my level of intellect at school and me not being able to give them the support they need. What a shame for Rebecca that her kids have already surpassed hers!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Do we really expect anything less for Roma having our beggy as a parent. She gets shoved in a stupid carrier, taken to starbies for mamas matcha and has a phone shoved in her face all day. My little girl is a couple weeks younger and I can have a full conversation with her, she strings 3-4 words together. Beggy could be walking with roma, pointing out all the colours in the woods, insects, birds, reading books, singing songs, going to toddler groups. She will have a 2y health visitor check soon so hopefully something is picked up then. The poor girl

• Heart
Reactions: 19
As a mother of a child that has a speech delay that video of her “chats” with Roma were extremely alarming. How patronising can she be - she should be aiding her in her speech by repeating for example what she has actually done today not blatantly mocking her on social media. That poor girl 😢 this is honestly just tragic

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Yes this was the thing that irritated me with that story. Roma wasn’t saying any real words but Beggy kept talking like she understood everything Roma was saying, no encouragement to speak, no repeating words for Roma to copy. It was actually really sad. Wasn’t it the same with Alfie? Didn’t she get all crappy when the nursery or something raised concerns about his speech & she just said it was fine because she could understand him?
She showed a story a few weeks ago in Wetherspoons I think - Roma had the menu, Rebecca asking her what she wanted for breakfast - there was no pointing to pictures and saying the words - Rebecca I don't believe has the skill set to realise or even try to encourage Roma. The only thing Roma is going to learn from her Momma is how to look in a mirror.

I'm sure it's been said on here about Alfie - yes, as long as they could understand him there wasn't a problem. If a professional points out that there could be a problem some where, you listen. The two 💩's are so thick - they definitely have a negative view of anyone with knowledge.

It's heartbreaking to be honest isn't it? Our son is 36 - having children is a challenge, regardless of them being OK, or having additional needs, but as parents you should always strive to do the best by them. The 3 Hobson children don't get an once of any learning from the place that should be so important - the home.

☹😢😖

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
The thing is, kids don't have to have amazing speech if THEY can understand you. You can communicate in other ways till they progress. What I find concerning about big mandy is that she doesn't understand a thing dingle says to her, and I've never ever seen her follow a simple or complex instruction. You can deffo ask a child of 18 months + questions and they will point and nod to show that they understand. Or you can ask they questions and they will let you know they understand. The only thing she's taught her is to grin at her own reflection to the camera.

Sad sad sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
The thing is, kids don't have to have amazing speech if THEY can understand you. You can communicate in other ways till they progress. What I find concerning about big mandy is that she doesn't understand a thing dingle says to her, and I've never ever seen her follow a simple or complex instruction. You can deffo ask a child of 18 months + questions and they will point and nod to show that they understand. Or you can ask they questions and they will let you know they understand. The only thing she's taught her is to grin at her own reflection to the camera.

Sad sad sad.
We always encouraged our daughters’ speech in any way possible. I remember they loved pointing to cars on a car journey and saying the colours of them, or pointing to trucks and buses etc and saying what they were. It’s just so heartbreaking for Roma 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.