Real Life Crime and Murder #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm been watching the murder of Laci Peterson on prime. This one you think Scott Peterson is definitely guilty and then innocent and back again but I am so glad that the media isn't as bad as in the US where they get trialled by the media before going to court.

Reactions: 3
The details are hazy now, will have to check but he got a bad time of it from the press.
Lots of unanswered questions.

Reactions: 1
That story is dated 2009 - has there been an update?
These are the most recent articles I've found.

I had him down as guilty but I'd need to read the details of the case again, it's a bit fuzzy
I just quickly googled the Sion Jenkins case and a couple of things stand out

1. Has he expressed any interest whatsoever in finding the true perpetrator? He doesn't seem to in interviews and seems a bit "poor me", but could be selective editing.

2. The ex wife is alleging he had a very dark side. I wonder what his now grown up kids would have to say? https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ns-says-he-was-violent-and-a-liar-466364.html

3. The forensic evidence regarding the blood spatter doesn't seem robust enough to say that he's innocent or guilty, both explanations that the prosecution and defence gave could make sense.

Reactions: 8

This disgusting pair. Anyone remember this in the news? The stepfather responsible for killing him has already been released 😡 its bad enough he was only sentenced to 7yrs,and her, fully complicit, received 2 yrs but got out well before her time also. Cruel callous evil pair. What is wrong with our sentencing here?!!! It's unbelievable how you can murder a child or allow someone else to and receive a few years behind bars, then you've got a potential terrorist jailed for 55yrs for planning an attack which never happened. Yes if it had that'd be horrific, and I understand would involve more lives lost than this little boys life, however a killers a killer and it takes a pure breed of evil to kill their own offspring. Doesn't his life mean a thing? Why shouldn't these so called parents receive the same sentence? As surely killing minors is the lowest you can go. Not at all downplaying a terrorist attack on a big scale I know they are truly horrific crimes. But so too are child killers and the pitiful sentencing laws here in the UK are shameful
What the ever loving duck is going on with parents allowing new partners to murder their children? I don't care how desperate or lonely you are - your child's wellbeing comes first. One look at that 'man' tells you all you need to know.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
What the ever loving duck is going on with parents allowing new partners to murder their children? I don't care how desperate or lonely you are - your child's wellbeing comes first. One look at that 'man' tells you all you need to know.
Exactly this! 👏
I for one personally would never enter another relationship if I was to split from my kids dad. Not until they were older, if at all. Both to protect them & not wanting a 'blended' fam, and because I'd never wanna waste my life in another relationship anyway.

Sentences are a bloody joke, I read today whole life orders without parole are reserved supposedly for those who are a danger to society, eg serial killers, child killings and terrorists. Well how come I've literally never seen any child killers caged under a whole life tariff?? How come all we see is them receive a slap on the wrist, eg a few years. Is that justice for that gorgeous innocent little boy? Nope

• Angry
Reactions: 17
I just quickly googled the Sion Jenkins case and a couple of things stand out

1. Has he expressed any interest whatsoever in finding the true perpetrator? He doesn't seem to in interviews and seems a bit "poor me", but could be selective editing.

2. The ex wife is alleging he had a very dark side. I wonder what his now grown up kids would have to say? https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ns-says-he-was-violent-and-a-liar-466364.html

3. The forensic evidence regarding the blood spatter doesn't seem robust enough to say that he's innocent or guilty, both explanations that the prosecution and defence gave could make sense.
I think the massive tragedy here is after all the drama with his trials, it just got left. A young child gets brutally murdered and nothing more was investigated as if it never happened. I’m so glad it’s being looked at again.

Reactions: 9
Yep, agreed. It’s a concoction of vulnerability, loneliness and dependence. It has to be. If I became a single parent, I myself would be very weary of every single man interested. That’s just me though. Especially if they looked like a complete reprobate - hardly a good catch. Some women have a very low standard and seem to get with complete losers with tempers towards children. Terrifying.

• Sad
Reactions: 14

How sad. Don’t like to give air time to the DM, but this says the part about being found in a builders bucket. I would imagine it’s a freak accident of some kind? But seems strange they’ve put the detail in about it being the address she went missing from, but not her home address.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Exactly this! 👏
I for one personally would never enter another relationship if I was to split from my kids dad. Not until they were older, if at all. Both to protect them & not wanting a 'blended' fam, and because I'd never wanna waste my life in another relationship anyway.

Sentences are a bloody joke, I read today whole life orders without parole are reserved supposedly for those who are a danger to society, eg serial killers, child killings and terrorists. Well how come I've literally never seen any child killers caged under a whole life tariff?? How come all we see is them receive a slap on the wrist, eg a few years. Is that justice for that gorgeous innocent little boy? Nope
A few widely known ones are in this article.

Reactions: 4
I'm been watching the murder of Laci Peterson on prime. This one you think Scott Peterson is definitely guilty and then innocent and back again but I am so glad that the media isn't as bad as in the US where they get trialled by the media before going to court.
Not watched that particular show but he is as guilty as duck. No one is that unlucky.

Totally agree about the USA justice system. It has led to many a rant on he I don't know how anyone can get a fair trial there.

One part of me, the nosy witch part, would love Court TV for UK cases - ironically, after years of dreaming about it, I rarely watch the USA one on Sky - but the sensible part of me knows and is appalled at the thought of the media circus our justice system would become if we did allow cameras and pre trial publicity.

I actually thought that BBC documentary that followed the trial of the murder of Margaret Fleming in Scotland would be a happy medium, as in edited highlights of what happened during the trial, thoughts from the police, QC's involved, evidence etc, were shown after the verdicts (and sentencing I think)

The sentencing guidelines, that judges have to follow, are here. The criteria for a whole life order is very specific (although not inclusive hence why Wayne Couzens got a whole life order) and they are only awarded in cases that are deemed of "exceptionally high seriousness".

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Well how come I've literally never seen any child killers caged under a whole life tariff??
Levi Bellfield is the obvious one (although that was also for other murders)

IIRC Mark Bridger got a whole life tariff as well.

There are several more who didn't get whole life terms but will be very unlikely ever to be released (eg Ian Huntley)

Most of the "slap on the wrist" sentences will be for crimes which aren't Murder. Eg Manslaughter or Causing Or Allowing The Death Of A Child. I'm not a lawyer, but I suspect that those crimes are used where they probably can't prove Murder and don't want someone to get let off completely.

Reactions: 6
A few widely known ones are in this article.

Yeah I've read all that before.
Sorry should've been clearer, child killers such as Ian Huntley wasn't what I was meaning, I was more meaning parents who kill their own children. For example baby P's parents

There are several more who didn't get whole life terms but will be very unlikely ever to be released (eg Ian Huntley)

Most of the "slap on the wrist" sentences will be for crimes which aren't Murder. Eg Manslaughter or Causing Or Allowing The Death Of A Child. I'm not a lawyer, but I suspect that those crimes are used where they probably can't prove Murder and don't want someone to get let off completely.
I should've worded it better. I meant those child killers who are the parents of the children they kill. Sorry for the confusion!

Also the slap on the wrist, a perfect example of this is Baby P's parents and lodger, they were never clear who actually killed him so they got pitiful sentences as was 'better' than no conviction...im glad there's a cause and allow charge but I wish there was a way of making murderers confess and not lie and cover up their crimes

Reactions: 7
Yep I also think Scott Peterson is guilty. How anyone can bring themselves to murder their own unborn child as well 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
This case is absolutely horrendous. I have linked the sentencing remarks from the judge, which has an excellent explanation of how he decided the sentence. It's not an easy read.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.