Real Life Crime and Murder #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I felt the same ❤

Did anyone see Dark Angel? That was one of the standout cases of last century?? can’t remember the dates now but it was a female murdering children.
Photos in the Daily Mail today of the Neave house and Rikki's bedroom, it looks so bare and unkempt.

• Sad
Reactions: 3

7 years?! That’s manslaughter/attempted murder at a minimum surely? I know she isn’t dead but sounds like she is probably not even conscious anymore. Sickening.
This happened very near me, and I know the road it happened on well. It's a fast, fast road and from the sounds of it (news reports) she's unable to talk, walk or breathe unassisted. The jury believed that she jumped out herself to escape, rather than was pushed which was the prosecution argument. Despicable sentence.

That footage is chilling 😥 This is so awful and it happened not far from where I live 😡

Slightly ot but I hate how in these situations men always say 'my daughter will never get married now I'll never get to walk her down the aisle' as if that's the biggest tragedy to come out of something like this 🙄
I thought this when I read the statement - seems like a weird thing to focus on.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Slightly ot but I hate how in these situations men always say 'my daughter will never get married now I'll never get to walk her down the aisle' as if that's the biggest tragedy to come out of something like this 🙄
It’s weird isn’t it? Making it all about them and the experience they’ll miss out on.

Reactions: 8
Was reading about the boy accused of murdering his younger sister in Wales in a caravan park I believe? I first read it was a knife attack then it was strangulation and at the start it was a murder charge and now it’s manslaughter? Does anyone know what’s the real story? Bit confused…
I only skimmed the article quickly but the way I read it is that he's still charged with murder but there's now a manslaughter charge added. I think it's the CPs covering all bases and giving the jury another option so that if they can't agree on murder, there's something else to fall back on rather than just acquit him of everything.

I suspect it's going to be a defence based on him having special needs of some type.

Reactions: 2

7 years?! That’s manslaughter/attempted murder at a minimum surely? I know she isn’t dead but sounds like she is probably not even conscious anymore. Sickening.
The Sun have published photos of this poor girl and the state she’s been left in. It’s absolutely heartbreaking. He didn’t just give her a life sentence but her parents too who will be caring for their adult daughter for the rest of their lives. The sentence he got is absolutely appalling 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Why do men hate women so much? So sad.
I can't stop thinking about the woman killed in Maida Vale the other day by her ex who had been stalking her. It's just terrifying, especially after watching that documentary by Stacey Dooley about stalking. There just seems to be no way of stopping it.

Reactions: 15
The Sun have published photos of this poor girl and the state she’s been left in. It’s absolutely heartbreaking. He didn’t just give her a life sentence but her parents too who will be caring for their adult daughter for the rest of their lives. The sentence he got is absolutely appalling 😢
Oh I wish I hadn’t seen that now ☹ sometimes it is just kinder to let someone pass away, imagine being in that state for a lifetime. I really pray that she isn’t aware and is at peace somehow.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh I wish I hadn’t seen that now ☹ sometimes it is just kinder to let someone pass away, imagine being in that state for a lifetime. I really pray that she isn’t aware and is at peace somehow.
Sorry I hope I haven’t upset you 😢 I feel the same, had she passed away at least she wouldn’t be suffering. Her poor parents will have to do everything for her until they’re no longer able to and then what? She’ll see out her days in some type of residential care. Absolutely tragic 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I went out with a guy in 2018 for 2 months. He was super intelligent, had a great job and nice family but I had just come out of a very long relationship and I wasn’t interested so I ended it.
I said from the very beginning that it was super casual. Within days he started stalking me.
He turned up at my house at all times of the day and night, followed me around, wrote endless letters, contacted my family and ex partner via email. Damaged my property - it went on and on. One day after keeping notes of every time he did anything he left voicemails saying he was going to kill me. I called the police and he was arrested for malicious communications and the court wheels turned. Apparently he had done it before but I knew absolutely nothing of this. A month before the trial at the magistrates he took an overdose and killed himself. It was without doubt the worst period of my life. I was utterly terrified and not much frightens me. I don’t think I have ever been the same since.
It totally blindsided me.
Stalking is beyond awful

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
That footage is chilling 😥 This is so awful and it happened not far from where I live 😡

I understand what he’s saying, he’s referring to all the things that have been taken from her and her family by the defendant, all those opportunities robbed, their future gone. He’s referring to the big life events, he mentions she will never be a mum and they will never be grandparents to her children. It’s really to hammer home all the loss, it’s all consuming and all encompassing. I get it.

It’s weird isn’t it? Making it all about them and the experience they’ll miss out on.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Oh my gosh poor girl, just went to see her pic. Her whole life robbed off her. And the scummy will be out in 2024. Honestly, the sentencing in this country is embarrassing😖. Soft Britain, it is.

Reactions: 18
I understand what he’s saying, he’s referring to all the things that have been taken from her and her family by the defendant, all those opportunities robbed, their future gone. He’s referring to the big life events, he mentions she will never be a mum and they will never be grandparents to her children. It’s really to hammer home all the loss, it’s all consuming and all encompassing. I get it.
He doesnt refer to 'all those opportunities' though, just that one, which apparently even in 2022 is the most important in a girl's life. He's not the only one either they all do it.

Reactions: 4
He doesnt refer to 'all those opportunities' though, just that one, which apparently even in 2022 is the most important in a girl's life. He's not the only one either they all do it.
I don’t think at the time of a father expressing his grief at all they as a family have lost, it’s the time to be criticising the lack of progressiveness. These are the tangible losses he expected and now feels because she is still alive but will never go on to lead a normal life. For all we know she might have talked about wanting to get married and have kids all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I don’t think at the time of a father expressing his grief at all they as a family have lost, it’s the time to be criticising the lack of progressiveness. These are the tangible losses he expected and now feels because she is still alive but will never go on to lead a normal life. For all we know she might have talked about wanting to get married and have kids all the time.
Sure, my original comment was a side note about a general pattern that I've noticed and that annoys me. It would have been insensitive to post it on some memorial thread or page specifically devoted to Angel's situation but this is a tattle thread and I felt like getting it off my chest.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I completely agree. Also the bit about marriage was part of a much longer statement made by the family which talked about her career aspirations amongst other things. I dont really see mentioning not being able to see her be married or become a mother to their grandchildren as reducing what someone is worth or not being progressive. It's simply the family expressing their devastation at the loss of future hoped for shared experiences.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I completely agree. Also the bit about marriage was part of a much longer statement made by the family which talked about her career aspirations amongst other things. I dont really see mentioning not being able to see her be married or become a mother to their grandchildren as reducing what someone is worth or not being progressive. It's simply the family expressing their devastation at the loss of future hoped for shared experiences.
I agree it's expressing loss and devastation but there will always be those types who love finding fault with statements or twist words to seek out offence.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
He also said she dreamed of becoming a forensic scientist. People are more than just their academic or career aspirations. Perhaps she talked about wanting to get married and have children in which case of course they’re entitled to feel that loss.

Reactions: 12
I’m sorry but you are wrong. He read a whole statement about all the opportunities taken from them, it’s heartbreaking. You’ve completely taken it out of context.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.