Real Life Crime and Murder #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quite soon after his trial for the murder of Helen Bailey, I think I remember there was a quick investigation into the circumstances surrounding his first wife's death, and it was determined that there was no foul play. Do you remember that? I think it was on this thread that I learned that he was being charged after all.

I'm going to try to follow this trial, but I'm so busy with work. For the Helen Bailey case, I was able to read the live reporting notes at the end of the day.

What a truly awful man.
I don't remember him being cleared in his first wife's death - just that it had always been considered that she died from natural causes. I think, from memory, that she had some kind of illness that could have explained it - I've just checked and it was epilepsy. But, following his conviction for Helen's murder, the police started looking into Diane's death - I thought for the first time but the wording when he was charged says "after a reinvestigation" which makes me think there were suspicions initially but ultimately it was ruled due to her epilepsy.

The live reporting from Tara Cox for a local newspaper was excellent - like you, I followed every day. My favourite part was when Ian Stewart was giving evidence, his ridiculous story about the two people he alleged had killed Helen, and the police had actually tracked down two men from his old cricket team IIRC, who had the same names and descriptions and quietly led them into court for him to see. Got his pants yanked down in front of everyone 😂

One thing I always remember wondering was did he ever love Helen or was he just after her money from the start? If he's convicted of the death of his first wife then I guess I'll have my answer although I seem to recall that he hadn't claimed her life insurance payout? His defence in Helen's trial made a big thing about him not needing her money because he was independently wealthy. He was off sick from work IIRC but still receiving a good chunk of money every month from sick pay and other things. I may have made all of that up though - it's been a while 😂

EDIT - first report from the new trial is in!

----------------------------------------------------------

Rikki Neave murder trial has also opened today:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I don't remember him being cleared in his first wife's death - just that it had always been considered that she died from natural causes. I think, from memory, that she had some kind of illness that could have explained it - I've just checked and it was epilepsy. But, following his conviction for Helen's murder, the police started looking into Diane's death - I thought for the first time but the wording when he was charged says "after a reinvestigation" which makes me think there were suspicions initially but ultimately it was ruled due to her epilepsy.

The live reporting from Tara Cox for a local newspaper was excellent - like you, I followed every day. My favourite part was when Ian Stewart was giving evidence, his ridiculous story about the two people he alleged had killed Helen, and the police had actually tracked down two men from his old cricket team IIRC, who had the same names and descriptions and quietly led them into court for him to see. Got his pants yanked down in front of everyone 😂

One thing I always remember wondering was did he ever love Helen or was he just after her money from the start? If he's convicted of the death of his first wife then I guess I'll have my answer although I seem to recall that he hadn't claimed her life insurance payout? His defence in Helen's trial made a big thing about him not needing her money because he was independently wealthy. He was off sick from work IIRC but still receiving a good chunk of money every month from sick pay and other things. I may have made all of that up though - it's been a while 😂

EDIT - first report from the new trial is in!

----------------------------------------------------------

Rikki Neave murder trial has also opened today:

Didn’t know that about the two men on the cricket team! Brilliant police work. What a dick.

Reactions: 2
Didn’t know that about the two men on the cricket team! Brilliant police work. What a dick.
It was a blindsiding move, worthy of a John Grisham novel 😂

Apologies - it was someone from his bowls team and a neighbour.

Reactions: 2
There is a documentary currently on BBC iPlayer - The dark shadow of murder.
It's about the amazing work of Moira Jones family following her horrific murder in Scotland.

Reactions: 7
Charlise Mutten, the little girl who was missing in Australia after visiting her mother and her mother’s boyfriend has been found murdered with the mother’s boyfriend arrested on suspicion of her murder, she was 9 years old.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
My god if you haven’t already seen Stacey Dooleys documentary on stalking please give it a watch…its absolutely harrowing. I felt so sorry for every victim involved. On iplayer.

Reactions: 9
What a monster I don’t understand how she can pretend to care about Rikki when she abused him and his siblings. I’ve seen her in a few articles about wanting justice.
The poor little boy looks so sad and troubled in the school photo.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
As for Fathers 4 Justice, they just make me feel there is a reason the mothers have cut them out of their children's lives when they do things like invade TV studios and scale buildings dressed as superheroes. They are also extremely abusive to rando celebs at times in a way that crosses the line. Not the actions a well-balanced adult would part take in, I'd have thought?
Couldn’t agree more. I’ve always felt that if that father has no custody then there is likely a very good reason for that.

Reactions: 12
saw a tiktok from one of his sister's ages ago talking about how their mother was very cruel to them

• Sad
Reactions: 1
saw a tiktok from one of his sister's ages ago talking about how their mother was very cruel to them
I started reading some of the details of his life with his mother and had to skip over a lot of it as I found it too sad and disturbing. Mother is scum

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.