Real Life Crime and Murder #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep, police went in. The guy needs help. That poor kid. This was never the way. The area has been severely affected as well. People had to leave their homes and businesses had to close.
The video I’ve seen, shots were fired? The article I’ve read mentions the boy being brought out safely but no mention of the dad. I presume he’s dead or seriously injured? That poor boy having to witness all that on top of the last 5 days.
I’m assuming and speculating of course and could be wrong but that’s my perception

edited to add that I’ve now read other articles that say the dad has been detained….my apologies

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
The video I’ve seen, shots were fired? The article I’ve read mentions the boy being brought out safely but no mention of the dad. I presume he’s dead or seriously injured? That poor boy having to witness all that on top of the last 5 days.
I’m assuming and speculating of course and could be wrong but that’s my perception
this article states dad has been detained and is being assessed by mental health professionals, so he’s made it out safely.

I am a social worker and approved mental health professional. Services are just desperately stretched at the moment. The whole system is maxed out. We have so many people waiting for mental health act assessments but no psychiatric beds, and no imminent movement anywhere. It’s just so upsetting.

It wouldn’t be acceptable to leave someone suffering in the community for days and weeks if they were having a heart attack - why are mental health emergencies viewed so differently? So sad.

I’m pleased they were able to get in and hope dad gets whatever support he needs, and the poor child isn’t too traumatised but thewhole experience.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Seems like he was a bit of a scapegoat with him having a drinking problem and being known to the police but never for violent crime not to mention the xenophobic angle. Is it normal for them to release so many details about a suspect if they're not sure its them? Crazy they got the wrong man given there were witnesses.
He’ll probably have grounds to sue in the future if it’s proven that Garda released his details before he was charged.

Perhaps I’ve picked it up wrong but I thought I’d read that he was known to Garda for violent crimes? They seem to have considered him a suspect on that basis alone. While they questioned the wrong man I really hope the real perpetrator hasn’t used that time to cover his tracks or make a getaway. He could be anywhere now.

Edited to add - just seen they have a new suspect under surveillance

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Not a crime exactly but has anyone been following the story about the Chinese ‘Spy’ Christine Lee? I’m a bit confused about it…if she’s not being arrested for a crime then why have they plastered her face all over the news? I know they’ve been tailing her for ages and have warned MPs about her, but she’s not actually being done for anything? Surely that’s not fair, she could be hounded out of her home now! Or are they hoping she’ll go back to China?

Reactions: 6
Ian Stewart's trial for the murder of his wife is listed to start on Monday.

He is currently serving life for the murder of his partner, the author Helen Bailey.

i always used to read her felicity wishes books when i was younger and wanted to check something on them so searched them up one day and was shocked to learn that she'd been murdered

Bizarre…. Well that ends the comments on the nationality of the suspect and it being an “immigration policy problem” 🙄
what nationality was the original suspect? i always hear people saying that ireland's a small country so everyone knows who is who even when names are obscured like in the ana kriegel case which is quite scary for those who haven't actually committed the crime but have been a suspect.

what nationality was the original suspect? i always hear people saying that ireland's a small country so everyone knows who is who even when names are obscured like in the ana kriegel case which is quite scary for those who haven't actually committed the crime but have been a suspect.
He was Romanian.

Reactions: 4
i always used to read her felicity wishes books when i was younger and wanted to check something on them so searched them up one day and was shocked to learn that she'd been murdered

Ireland is a small place but it’s mostly about how many very small towns and villages are there, and how everybody knows each other in those places. In Cork or Galway people wouldn’t know everybody but they may know people from their neighbourhood / area.

Poor Ana, that was an awful tragedy, and yes the names of the boys were known everywhere.

Reactions: 7

He is currently serving life for the murder of his partner, the author Helen Bailey.

Quite soon after his trial for the murder of Helen Bailey, I think I remember there was a quick investigation into the circumstances surrounding his first wife's death, and it was determined that there was no foul play. Do you remember that? I think it was on this thread that I learned that he was being charged after all.

I'm going to try to follow this trial, but I'm so busy with work. For the Helen Bailey case, I was able to read the live reporting notes at the end of the day.

What a truly awful man.

Reactions: 6
Ireland is a small place but it’s mostly about how many very small towns and villages are there, and how everybody knows each other in those places. In Cork or Galway people wouldn’t know everybody but they may know people from their neighbourhood / area.

Poor Ana, that was an awful tragedy, and yes the names of the boys were known everywhere.
i only recently learnt about the ana case and it's so tragic. i was taken aback at one of the boy's dad's reaction in court.

Reactions: 5

Helen Bailey's story is so sad. I think about her a lot.

I hope he gets the toughest sentencing possible, the bastard.

Reactions: 4
First time reading about this one. Few years ago. Another baby murder. For crying out loud, don’t have a baby unless you truly want to care for one! These two look a right pair of reprobates too. Poor baby.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
First time reading about this one. Few years ago. Another baby murder. For crying out loud, don’t have a baby unless you truly want to care for one! These two look a right pair of reprobates too. Poor baby.

The way the mother is holding her in the picture from the hospital bed is so unnerving to me. That poor baby, it’s incomprehensible how many sick twisted people are out there in the world.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
The way the mother is holding her in the picture from the hospital bed is so unnerving to me. That poor baby, it’s incomprehensible how many sick twisted people are out there in the world.
She joined a group for grieving parents and was posting her baby died and how upset she was.
She also was upset the bail conditions stated her and the partner couldn't see each other.
Bloody disgrace. Poor baby

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I thought that, she’s not really cuddling her is she?

She’s not cuddling her at all, it looks like they were just showing her off for the camera.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.