Real Life Crime and Murder #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure he planned to go home though. Not immediately anyway. He bought a one way ticket and refused a return when it was offered. Its all very strange 😕
Yes very strange. I googled to see if i could get any new info and read that her parents were up in court back in 2000 for stealing from the charity fund, making fraudulent claims against it.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I'm not sure he planned to go home though. Not immediately anyway. He bought a one way ticket and refused a return when it was offered. Its all very strange 😕
True, but there’s a world of difference between not planning on going home because you’re a young teenager and you’ve been lured by something exciting and realising far too late that you’ll never make it home again, which I think it what the poster was getting at. It doesn’t bear thinking about. It’s the same recurring thought I have about poor Sarah Everard, that moment when it must have clicked that things weren’t right.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Yes very strange. I googled to see if i could get any new info and read that her parents were up in court back in 2000 for stealing from the charity fund, making fraudulent claims against it.
Can you share the link of the fraudulent claims please I can’t find them

Can you share the link of the fraudulent claims please I can’t find them
I will try.
It was in the guardian.

www.theguardian.com
Louise Woodward's parents defrauded her appeal fund of ...
louise woodward parents charity from amp.theguardian.com
17 Jul 2000 — The parents of Louise Woodward, the au pair who was convicted of ... •$1,600 for car rental (paid for by the British Charitable Society).
You visited this page on 11/01/22.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone been following the story about the seige in Coventry? A man locked himself and at least one child in his house after a safe and well check. Then ten - twenty armed police showed up and it's been going on for a few days now. Very, very vague reporting with no one really saying why that many police, let alone armed ones, are required.

I feel really sorry for the other residents of that street, must be terrifying.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Has anyone been following the story about the seige in Coventry? A man locked himself and at least one child in his house after a safe and well check. Then ten - twenty armed police showed up and it's been going on for a few days now. Very, very vague reporting with no one really saying why that many police, let alone armed ones, are required.

Never saw or heard a bit of this.. I’m in Ireland but usually anything like that would be in the media over here

Reactions: 3

I’m local. Fifth day it’s been going on. Thought to have weapons inside. Known mental health issues. Bloke is quite problematic apparently. Poor lad.

ETA: I mean the young boy, not the dad.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I’m local. Fifth day it’s been going on. Thought to have weapons inside. Known mental health issues. Bloke is quite problematic apparently. Poor lad.

ETA: I mean the young boy, not the dad.
So he’s set up a FB account where he’s posting some rants. There’s a short vid of the lounge with his son sitting on the sofa playing a game. He shows the police outside the window and there’s duct tape running all over the lounge and up the windows with wire and some things taped to it. He’s obviously having some kind of breakdown but the poor kid needs to be removed. ☹

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
So he’s set up a FB account where he’s posting some rants. There’s a short vid of the lounge with his son sitting on the sofa playing a game. He shows the police outside the window and there’s duct tape running all over the lounge and up the windows with wire and some things taped to it. He’s obviously having some kind of breakdown but the poor kid needs to be removed. ☹
Where did you find that?

Its very scary. And you know she probably went on her run at that time because she thought "It'll be dark soon." Absolutely horrific.
Just seen on the news the little cards the children in her class made for her today. Looks like the kids adored her, heartbreaking 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Just seen on the news the little cards the children in her class made for her today. Looks like the kids adored her, heartbreaking 😢
Her poor colleagues grieving their friend and coworker but having to find the strength to tell those children why she’s not there today. 💔 So many lives changed forever because of the actions of one man. I just can’t stop thinking about Aisling and her family 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.