Real Life Crime and Murder #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So he’s set up a FB account where he’s posting some rants. There’s a short vid of the lounge with his son sitting on the sofa playing a game. He shows the police outside the window and there’s duct tape running all over the lounge and up the windows with wire and some things taped to it. He’s obviously having some kind of breakdown but the poor kid needs to be removed. ☹
It seems crazy to me the police can't somehow force their way in but I suppose it depends what weapons he has/they think he has? Feel so horrible for the innocent child in the situation. Cannot believe it's able to go on for so long. Wonder if we'll ever find out the full story...

Reactions: 7
It seems crazy to me the police can't somehow force their way in but I suppose it depends what weapons he has/they think he has? Feel so horrible for the innocent child in the situation. Cannot believe it's able to go on for so long. Wonder if we'll ever find out the full story...
I wondered this. Surely there will be moments where the dad is asleep and they could storm in to rescue the child. But it must be a very treacherous and dangerous situation. The news article I read was sketchy but they had a neighbour comment who said they’d been allowed to go to work as it was going on so long and that they believed it was to do with social services.

Reactions: 4
It’s parental related it seems. Fathers 4 Justice are asking him to contact them for help. Apparently there is a very valid rumour of weapons and he has got wires taped up the windows and doorframes in the house with something else also there that is almost like a small canister. They’re taking him very seriously. He’s playing garage music loudly.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Just had a look at all of the FB articles etc about this…lots of rumours flying around that he is doing this as he feels its to protect his son from abuse…however, his sisters are commenting on the articles saying this is not true and it is all in his head.

I hope if he is unwell he gets the help he needs & the little lad is well and safe. 🥺

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Yep, police went in. The guy needs help. That poor kid. This was never the way. The area has been severely affected as well. People had to leave their homes and businesses had to close.

Reactions: 8
Just seen on Twitter the man arrested for Ashling’s murder has been released and no longer considered a suspect? Her killer is still out there.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Just seen on Twitter the man arrested for Ashling’s murder has been released and no longer considered a suspect? Her killer is still out there.
This is bizarre isnt it?? I found it a bit strange this evening when the guards said 50 guards have been deployed to the investigation and no stone will be left unturned....people were commenting saying shur the killer is in custody why do they need to release that statement...also watched RTE news with Paul Reynolds and he said hes been questioned and held for over 24 hours ..they have to charge him by tomorrow morning or release ...I was thinking do they not have enough on him...

Reactions: 6
Bizarre…. Well that ends the comments on the nationality of the suspect and it being an “immigration policy problem” 🙄

Reactions: 10
This is bizarre isnt it?? I found it a bit strange this evening when the guards said 50 guards have been deployed to the investigation and no stone will be left unturned....people were commenting saying shur the killer is in custody why do they need to release that statement...also watched RTE news with Paul Reynolds and he said hes been questioned and held for over 24 hours ..they have to charge him by tomorrow morning or release ...I was thinking do they not have enough on him...
I thought the same that they possibly don’t have enough evidence but the “no longer a suspect” bit suggests they arrested the wrong man. Horrendous for her family and for everyone in that area to think he’s still at large.

Reactions: 6
How did they bungle it!? I read somewhere that apparently 2 girls witnessed part of the assault and the suspect was seen fleeing the scene?
Pretty massive turnaround to release the suspect and eliminate from enquiries.

I also feel for that person if they were wrongly accused as there was lots of commentary and everyone locally would’ve known who was arrested

Reactions: 16
It said on the news earlier they were waiting on results from preliminary forensic evidence before they could charge him. The results must have vindicated him.

Bizarre…. Well that ends the comments on the nationality of the suspect and it being an “immigration policy problem” 🙄
right? because everybody knows no Irish man has ever killed a woman 😑 Xenophobes out of the woodwork and media feeding them “a man of foreign descent”…

Reactions: 14
It’s parental related it seems. Fathers 4 Justice are asking him to contact them for help. Apparently there is a very valid rumour of weapons and he has got wires taped up the windows and doorframes in the house with something else also there that is almost like a small canister. They’re taking him very seriously. He’s playing garage music loudly.
I feel so sorry for the other residents of that street. There really should be a way for authorities to end it more swiftly than nearly a week long seige, weapons or no...especially in this day and age of all the technology we've got.

As for Fathers 4 Justice, they just make me feel there is a reason the mothers have cut them out of their children's lives when they do things like invade TV studios and scale buildings dressed as superheroes. They are also extremely abusive to rando celebs at times in a way that crosses the line. Not the actions a well-balanced adult would part take in, I'd have thought?

It's over, thank goodness.
That's so good to hear, did not see this news before my previous comment.

Begs the question why it couldn't have been ended on the first day, though!

Reactions: 7
right? because everybody knows no Irish man has ever killed a woman 😑 Xenophobes out of the woodwork and media feeding them “a man of foreign descent”…
Another forum I use sometimes was full of anti immigration crap. The guys name and photo was being widely shared too. He probably can’t ever go back to his home now.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Another forum I use sometimes was full of anti immigration crap. The guys name and photo was being widely shared too. He probably can’t ever go back to his home now.
That is terrible. They must have concrete evidence it wasn’t him to release him and tell the media he’s been eliminated from enquires. Regardless of what he may be known to the Gardai for - they seem to be sure he didn’t commit this crime.

It’s a terrible thing that they announced so quickly that they had someone in custody for it - could suspicious behaviour or evidence been overlooked or unnoticed over the last 2 days as everyone was so sure they had the guy. People may have otherwise been on higher alert looking out for things knowing the person was still out there in the community.
Wondering what the bike they’re looking for has to do with it

They’re taking him very seriously. He’s playing garage music loudly.
I know it’s not a laughing matter but I had a giggle when I read that… nothing like Dj luck & Mc neat to make people take you serious!!! 😆😂 .. so glad it’s over I hope the dad gets the help he needs

• Haha
Reactions: 14
That is terrible. They must have concrete evidence it wasn’t him to release him and tell the media he’s been eliminated from enquires. Regardless of what he may be known to the Gardai for - they seem to be sure he didn’t commit this crime.

It’s a terrible thing that they announced so quickly that they had someone in custody for it - could suspicious behaviour or evidence been overlooked or unnoticed over the last 2 days as everyone was so sure they had the guy. People may have otherwise been on higher alert looking out for things knowing the person was still out there in the community.
Wondering what the bike they’re looking for has to do with it
Seems like he was a bit of a scapegoat with him having a drinking problem and being known to the police but never for violent crime not to mention the xenophobic angle. Is it normal for them to release so many details about a suspect if they're not sure its them? Crazy they got the wrong man given there were witnesses.

I presume another persons DNA was found on her to release him?
This is a huge slip up...especially when they lose out on the first 24 hours....
I think it's looking more likely now it was a planned attach and could be well done by someone she knew/was familiar of her movements...
It's like the Raoinead Murray case if you ask me and we know what that was about...

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.