Real Life Crime and Murder #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Andrew Gosden case: I recall being in an online forum and one of the members knew the family, put out a plea. It was dreadful.

He was by all accounts, as I recall, very clever and gifted. Hugely into computing.
A very sensible teenager.

Given the nature of the arrests one might assume perhaps some images came to light that were identified as Andrew or they were given names which led to questioning.
Pure speculation of course but I sincerely hope the Godsen family can get some answers, its the least they deserve.

Reactions: 9
I’m worried they do not have that much evidence and it will be a lose end again as they have bailed the bastards.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I’m worried they do not have that much evidence and it will be a lose end again as they have bailed the bastards.
Or it’s like the Suzy Lampugh case where they get a tip off and interview people or dig up a garden but it leads nowhere :(

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Breck Bednar.
As a parent of 2 avid gamer sons that case has always struck a chord with me, his poor mum 😢

I read somewhere that Andrew Gosden was in a programme for gifted/ more academically able children, and there was some speculation by the person commenting that he might have met (and been groomed by) someone via that, whether an older student/ mentor or a teacher. If true that would explain why there were no online conversations because they'd met at those sessions rather than online.

I hope that his family do get some answers after so many years although I fear it may be the worst news.
Thanks for the reminder. I was close.

The thing about “gifted” kids, especially if they are also autistic (and they often tend to be - diagnosed or not) is they can lack social awareness, be quite young for their age and can be very easily coerced. So the grooming theory is, sadly, quite plausible.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
It’s highly likely that Andrew could have had a pay as you go phone supplied by someone older that no one knew about. He would have taken it with him to London.

Reactions: 6
It’s highly likely that Andrew could have had a pay as you go phone supplied by someone older that no one knew about. He would have taken it with him to London.
If he did have a phone, it wouldn’t of been a smart phone. It was 15yrs ago. I think they would have just been waiting for him near the station. It’s so messed up that in bloody London of all places they could only find 1 cctv image of him!

Reactions: 5
If he did have a phone, it wouldn’t of been a smart phone. It was 15yrs ago. I think they would have just been waiting for him near the station. It’s so messed up that in bloody London of all places they could only find 1 cctv image of him!
the grooming could have been via text message was my thinking.
apparently the police didn’t check cctv for 7 days by which time a lot of it had been erased, so sad

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Poor poor Andrew - imagine his panic when he realised it was all a trap and he'd never get home again.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I wonder what the rest of the story is? Met her in the nightclub then what?
This is very close to home. She was a lovely young lady, always happy. The rumour mill is going crazy. He definitely met her in the club, was seen with her going toward the mill pond. It’s just awful.

Gosh imagine that was the father of your children! I had a look at some of the FB comments, seems he possibly has a track record of domestic abuse.
He does.

Reactions: 4
Re: the Rikki Neave arrest. I read this on a different site - an old coverage from Peterborough news regarding the accused.

A Peterborough man who hated authority so much that he torched a police station, robbed 50 victims of crime of any chance of getting justice when evidence went up in flames.

Bitter James Watson, who had stolen police uniforms and cars in the past, also prejudiced another 167 ongoing cases and robbed officers of treasured personal possessions and medals when he set fire to the British Transport Police (BTP) base in the city centre.

On Thursday, Watson (27), of Redgate Court, Parnwell, Peterborough, was sent to jail for an indefinite term to protect the public and he will serve a minimum of five years and be on licence for life. Watson, a man with a personality disorder, had trouble with authority since feeling let down by those in charge of his care as a child and this erupted in the attack on the police station which left an 800,000 trail of damage in his wake, Peterborough Crown Court heard.

He pleaded guilty to burglary and arson and also to the theft of 2,500 from his father's home, for which he was on bail when he decided to target the police station.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Re: the Rikki Neave arrest. I read this on a different site - an old coverage from Peterborough news regarding the accused.

A Peterborough man who hated authority so much that he torched a police station, robbed 50 victims of crime of any chance of getting justice when evidence went up in flames.

Bitter James Watson, who had stolen police uniforms and cars in the past, also prejudiced another 167 ongoing cases and robbed officers of treasured personal possessions and medals when he set fire to the British Transport Police (BTP) base in the city centre.

On Thursday, Watson (27), of Redgate Court, Parnwell, Peterborough, was sent to jail for an indefinite term to protect the public and he will serve a minimum of five years and be on licence for life. Watson, a man with a personality disorder, had trouble with authority since feeling let down by those in charge of his care as a child and this erupted in the attack on the police station which left an 800,000 trail of damage in his wake, Peterborough Crown Court heard.

He pleaded guilty to burglary and arson and also to the theft of 2,500 from his father's home, for which he was on bail when he decided to target the police station.
If he was on a life licence he wouldn’t be able to go
And live abroad as this James Watson is doing by the news reports ?

Reactions: 2
Anyone catch the last instalment of killer nanny last night?
What do you think of her defence lawyer being arrested for drunk driving and supposedly saying those things about her?
That bit really threw me lol....

Reactions: 3
Anyone catch the last instalment of killer nanny last night?
What do you think of her defence lawyer being arrested for drunk driving and supposedly saying those things about her?
That bit really threw me lol....
That was very interesting I don’t remember that at the time and I followed the case closely at the time !
I also watched another program a few weeks ago which said the Nanny agency paid for all her lawyers through their insurance policy I didn’t realise that too ! They obviously had a reputation to worry about.
The whole business is sad I also don’t understand why Louise would be rough with a baby ? Watching her on the stand was strange too the way she laughed !
Something happened to that poor baby 😢

Poor poor Andrew - imagine his panic when he realised it was all a trap and he'd never get home again.
I'm not sure he planned to go home though. Not immediately anyway. He bought a one way ticket and refused a return when it was offered. Its all very strange 😕

I’m beginning to teach but be careful not alarm my 7 yr old about the dangers of strangers. But saying that, it’s not always strangers is it!!!
I’m in the same boat. My kid is approaching the age of getting their own phone and I’m seriously on the verge of being very upfront with them about speaking to people online etc. There have been several attempted abductions of kids around here (a very nice area!) and I’m petrified of them walking home from school on their own and talking to some weirdo online.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.