Real Life Crime and Murder #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep he is going for the insanity plea. Horrendous.

In regards to the cause of death. I guess if her body was badly mutated then it’ll be hard to determine what caused her death. He might actually confess it too. But has horrible as it sounds i think he burnt her body and that’s why they can’t say how she died.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
More likely to be due to public interest (as in seeing justice done quickly because he's a serving police officer)

Saying that, it's still seven months away - I read somewhere earlier that custody time limits have been extended to eight months (rather than six) due to the backlogs.

I don't think they have to. It's usually stated when the inquest is opened though.
can they bring cases forward drastically due to public interest? I have no idea about the law, but I would imagine in a case like this which everyone is aware of they would want to?

can they bring cases forward drastically due to public interest? I have no idea about the law, but I would imagine in a case like this which everyone is aware of they would want to?

I dont think they can bring it forward due to public interest. Not sure to be honest. But these murder cases do go on for a while.

Reactions: 1
Having read this, I don't think it's about public interest - I was getting confused, there's been a lot to take in - but fast tracking does definitely happen.

"Custody ahead of a trial carries a time limit which is currently eight months, but this can be reviewed, extended or cut by a judge.

There are protocols in place to expedite the most serious cases, both in the interests of public protection and management of dangerous offenders on remand.

Any trial could well take place this year, should it be fast-tracked."

Apologies for the confusion!

Reactions: 3
He has got zero chance of getting off with insanity , for a start he hid the body, if you go for insanity you have to prove you are so seriously ill that you didn't know right from wrong, you hide the body, so he knew he had done wrong, its too easy to prove he wasn't "insane" at that point, also you have to prove that your brain has been damaged for the insanity to happen, you don't just catch insanity.

It will delay his trial but ultimately will get him nowhere and just prove his guilt, he was off duty when he did it, but presumably he has been working with no insanity or how else would he know a criminal was doing something wrong , he is insane to the point he didn't know right from wrong, so how is he in the police.

His next option will be manslaughter with diminished responsibility, he is going to try every trick in the book, im guessing he will try to commit suicide before the trial, depending on how long they are watching im guessing it will happen either before, or when he is sent down.

He doesn't want prison and knows he is bang to rights, hopefully he never gets the chance and suffers every day in there

Reactions: 14
Live updates from the Michelle Pearson murder trial if anyone wants to follow:

"Your task is made easier in this trial by your knowledge of their convictions in 2018. The prosecution say that if Michelle Pearson had died before that trial took place, that jury in 2018 would undoubtedly have convicted Bolland and Worrall of the murder of Michelle Pearson. We invite you to come to the same conclusion."

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Sadly not , he is doing every trick to stall the trial, everyone is allowed a fair trial so everything he claims has to go through procedure, despite everyone knowing he is a lying bastard
This probably won't get to trial until late this year or even next year now, the only thing that will move the trial quicker is the fact they know he did it and presumably there is a lot of evidence to prove it, if they can deal with his delaying tactics quickly then you never know it might quicker than expected.

Its not like this is a complicated case , it will be down to how long his defence can stall it for. I think they may have him go somewhere for them to assess his insanity plea, and let's face it he might be able to pretend once or twice when he knows he is being watched, but they will watch him 24/7 and he won't be able to pull it off, you have to be insane for real to pull that off.

Reactions: 2
Sadly not , he is doing every trick to stall the trial, everyone is allowed a fair trial so everything he claims has to go through procedure, despite everyone knowing he is a lying bastard
This probably won't get to trial until late this year or even next year now, the only thing that will move the trial quicker is the fact they know he did it and presumably there is a lot of evidence to prove it, if they can deal with his delaying tactics quickly then you never know it might quicker than expected.

Its not like this is a complicated case , it will be down to how long his defence can stall it for. I think they may have him go somewhere for them to assess his insanity plea, and let's face it he might be able to pretend once or twice when he knows he is being watched, but they will watch him 24/7 and he won't be able to pull it off, you have to be insane for real to pull that off.
so will he just be held in prison until then? I hope he is on suicide watch, there is no way he should get away with this

I’m sure a psychiatrist will be able to tell pretty quick whether he’s insane. If this is a delay tactic it’s extra cruel.

Guys be careful with what you say remember we can’t say anything that assumes he is guilty.

He seems to have a barrister who is experienced in working with cases involving diminished responsibility & insanity.

Reactions: 7
How people can be defense lawyer is beyond me. Imagine having to fight his corner? I couldnt/wouldnt do it.

Reactions: 12
I’m sure are a psychiatrist will be able to tell pretty quick whether he’s insane. If this is a delay tactic it’s extra cruel.
he is clearly just an awful person, doesn't surprise me that he is adding this insult to injury in the case. Not only must this be awful for Sarah's family (as if the situation wasn't horrendous enough) but this must be awful for his family, god knows what the children are going though at school, I assume the mother will be totally ostracised

Guys be careful with what you say remember we can’t say anything that assumes he is guilty.

He seems to have a barrister who is experienced in working with cases involving diminished responsibility & insanity.

indeed Jim Sturman QC is a hugely experienced Silk - he defended Colin Stagg.

Reactions: 5
he is clearly just an awful person, doesn't surprise me that he is adding this insult to injury in the case. Not only must this be awful for Sarah's family (as if the situation wasn't horrendous enough) but this must be awful for his family, god knows what the children are going though at school, I assume the mother will be totally ostracised
The wife's having a difficult time.

• Sad
How people can be defense lawyer is beyond me. Imagine having to fight his corner? I couldnt/wouldnt do it.
very very easily. I have a friend who is a defence barrister - he represents rapists, abusers. Anyone who works in the law has an admiration for British justice - our legal system is the one of the best in the world. No it’s not perfect. But everyone is entitled to the same level of representation- and everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

Reactions: 15
very very easily. I have a friend who is a defence barrister - he represents rapists, abusers. Anyone who works in the law has an admiration for British justice - our legal system is the one of the best in the world. No it’s not perfect. But everyone is entitled to the same level of representation- and everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

I understand that people are innocent until proven guilty but actually defending someone like him in court. I would find it difficult.

Reactions: 8
I understand that people are innocent until proven guilty but actually defending someone like him in court. I would find it difficult.
yeah same, I have a barrister friend who has had to defend paedophiles in court... I get you have to... but I could never even have a conversation with a monster like that tbh. well done that they can.... but I don't get it

Reactions: 6
so will he just be held in prison until then? I hope he is on suicide watch, there is no way he should get away with this
Yeah , he will be held on remand until his trial, he is going for insanity so no way he would get bail, I dont know where he is being held but its probably less harsh on remand as everyone is innocent until proven guilty, so at the moment he isn't in general population, I imagine his cell door will be open 24/7 with people sitting watching him all the time, I dont think there could be any shift worse than 8 hours watching some bloke, eat, shower and go to the toilet

I'm guessing at some stage in police custody he accidentally and with absolutely no help from any officer honestly "tripped and fell down the stairs" or essentially got a good beating in his cell, he has scars on his face apparently, nothing will be done as he isn't talking. What it does show is the polices stance on this, they will feel let down and ashamed this guy was a copper, their public perception is at an all time low as it is.

The worst thing about it is that they probably are friends and becomes a friendly bet as to who wins , so the defence are doing it to get a win and therefore can become a bit more expensive for someone.

On the flip side I still believe people are in prison who shouldn't be, due to a defence not being good enough , poor Barry George is one, there is no way he should have gone to prison and a proper defense would have got that thrown out

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.