Real Life Crime and Murder #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did you see star Met post a tweet appealing for information on Suzy’s case? Lots of people replied thinking it was cynical PR exercise. What do you all think?
Sorry what do you mean by a PR exercise? That it was made up?

It's the term 'kiddie fiddler' that really upset me. It just sounds so horrible and degrading to the victims. I absolutely hate it.

I don't think I could watch any of the paedophile hunter documentaries. Too close to home. My cousin (in his 40s) attempted suicide a couple of years ago (and thankfully was unsuccessful) he had a breakdown and ended up in a psychiatric unit for a while.
It turned out that he had been sexually abused as a child by more than one person and had just bottled up inside him for years.
He had a LOT of counselling and is doing well now.
That’s really good to hear he is doing well now. It’s so heartbreaking how innocent children are abused and then suffer for years to come, feeling like they can’t tell anyone. I know a couple of people who have gone through the same as your cousin as children and they have both grown up with mental health problems, diagnosed with bipolar, gender identity disorder etc

• Sad
Reactions: 7
That’s really good to hear he is doing well now. It’s so heartbreaking how innocent children are abused and then suffer for years to come, feeling like they can’t tell anyone. I know a couple of people who have gone through the same as your cousin as children and they have both grown up with mental health problems, diagnosed with bipolar, gender identity disorder etc
I know someone who was diagnosed with bipolar a few years ago. It was only a couple of weeks ago that she told me she had been sexually abused as a small child by her much older brother and raped by her sister's husband when she was 16.
She fully believes that's what's cause the bipolar and I'm sure she's right.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Also, for anyone who likes podcasts and is interested in how police can use the dark web to their advantage and the ethical dilemma behind it, plus interviews with a convicted paedophile, I'd recommend Hunting Warhead.
That being said, the last few episodes of it completely messed me up emotionally so if you're sensitive to that sort of thing you might want to be aware. Other than that it's rather interesting

Reactions: 3
Of course I've always been upset by child abuse and child ssxual abuse stories, but since my nephews have come along I'm traumatised by what goes on in this world.
Recently a man in Ireland waa convicted of raping a 6 month old baby girl-i couldn't even bear to read the article.

Im the same as age as Jame bulger would be and I've always been aware of what happened and how awful it is, but seeing my nephews at the same age as him and their personalites and stage of development and thinking of what he went through just rips my heart into a million pieces. Same with every case of child abuse I've read or heard about.

Regarding the demand in child sex abuse images, I totally believe the demand is greater than we would ever imagine.
I'm not a man hater but they truly do walk among us disguised as normal people.

Years ago a friend of mine was seeing a guy. Went drinking and for dinner with them a few times, slept in bed with 2 of them after a night out (drunk early 20s days, it's not aa weird as it sounds). He wasn't someone I really clicked with but I got on with him.
She stopped seeing him, and confided in me a while later she had found out he had been arrested for killing a sheep in a very violent way and possession of images of child sex abuse. He hadn't told her and she had found out from someone in the know. I would have never suspected something was off about him, in fact he seemed very innocent and like a simple country young lad.
I taught in a primary school for a decade, so we were obviously trained in how to deal with child abuse situations. The thing is that when it happens, it's very hard to find a way to deal with yourself, as an outsider. It wasn't until my last year before I went on maternity leave in 2019 that such a case came up, and I still think about it everyday. A boy aged 8/9 - lovely, polite and liked by everyone - was being abused by his stepbrother. Said stepbrother was also in possession of child abuse images, which is how the school found out about everything - I'm not sure of the technicalities of it but basically the cops traced his IP and it was connected to the images. The headteacher was then informed as it was flagged that a child was living with the stepbrother. While I was still at the school, I know that the boy was taken away from the family home for obvious reasons, and he completely blamed his parents for everything because the poor kid was taught/convinced that everything that he had been through was totally normal!
It still weighs so heavy on my heart, and the fact that his stepbrother would come into the playground and collect him at home time makes me feel sick to my stomach.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I taught in a primary school for a decade, so we were obviously trained in how to deal with child abuse situations. The thing is that when it happens, it's very hard to find a way to deal with yourself, as an outsider. It wasn't until my last year before I went on maternity leave in 2019 that such a case came up, and I still think about it everyday. A boy aged 8/9 - lovely, polite and liked by everyone - was being abused by his stepbrother. Said stepbrother was also in possession of child abuse images, which is how the school found out about everything - I'm not sure of the technicalities of it but basically the cops traced his IP and it was connected to the images. The headteacher was then informed as it was flagged that a child was living with the stepbrother. While I was still at the school, I know that the boy was taken away from the family home for obvious reasons, and he completely blamed his parents for everything because the poor kid was taught/convinced that everything that he had been through was totally normal!
It still weighs so heavy on my heart, and the fact that his stepbrother would come into the playground and collect him at home time makes me feel sick to my stomach.
That’s awful, I don’t suppose you know or allowed to share what happened to the stepmother? I always wonder what women get out of things like this and if there is something more sinister like the images being sold on the dark web.

Going to insert this next part into a spoiler because I don’t want to trigger anyone and it’s a horrendous story
There’s a story I read about a little boy in America, I’m sure that was also the step mother but their entire house was wired up with cameras and 100’s of recording of the small boy being subjected to horrendous abuse-I think he eventually died but I’d have to fact check because I might be getting confused with the Gabriel Fernandez case. There were text messages exchanged between the woman and someone else saying what she was going to do to the boy that night but they haven’t found who the texts where sent to. As soon as I read that I thought there must have been someone behind it-requesting her to do things to him for a sum of money as the camera equipments around the house would have been really expensive but they were otherwise quite poor. Really vile.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
That’s awful, I don’t suppose you know or allowed to share what happened to the stepmother? I always wonder what women get out of things like this and if there is something more sinister like the images being sold on the dark web.

Going to insert this next part into a spoiler because I don’t want to trigger anyone and it’s a horrendous story
There’s a story I read about a little boy in America, I’m sure that was also the step mother but their entire house was wired up with cameras and 100’s of recording of the small boy being subjected to horrendous abuse-I think he eventually died but I’d have to fact check because I might be getting confused to with the Gabriel Fernandez case. There were text messages exchanged between the woman and someone else saying what she was going to do to the boy that night but they haven’t found who the texts where sent to. As soon as I read that I thought there must have been someone behind it-requesting her to do things to him for a sum of money as the camera equipments around the house would have been really expensive but they were otherwise quite poor. Really vile.
This reminds me of child prostitution in Philippines (?), pretty sure it was covered in Stacey Dooley Investigates but I've only really seen extracts from it

Reactions: 2
His name was Adrian Jones and he did die-what followed was the worst part I don’t know how i forgot that. Poor baby 😪

This reminds me of child prostitution in Philippines (?), pretty sure it was covered in Stacey Dooley Investigates but I've only really seen extracts from it
I’ve seen that. So sad when the little girls were screaming for their mum when they were being taken away.

• Heart
god that Adrian Jones story, those are the children that haunt me when I can‘t sleep. Especially in these very rural, remote communities you wonder how many are hidden away.

i can (sort of) understand how a person can suddenly snap and have a burst of anger or violence, but what I will NEVER understand is how a person wakes up every morning and is constantly cruel and unkind. How can anyone torture a little child ?

• Sad
  • Heart
god that Adrian Jones story, those are the children that haunt me when I can‘t sleep. Especially in these very rural, remote communities you wonder how many are hidden away.

i can (sort of) understand how a person can suddenly snap and have a burst of anger or violence, but what I will NEVER understand is how a person wakes up every morning and is constantly cruel and unkind. How can anyone torture a little child ?
Heartbreaking isn’t it and I’m sure there are unfortunately many more that we don’t hear about or haven’t even been discovered yet. I don’t know why I do it to myself reading these things and my partner thinks I’m nuts because I get so upset and go on about it for days. I think I’m just unable to bury my head in the sand when the reality is things like this are happening and for all we know it could be in our own area 😔

Reactions: 5

There’s a story I read about a little boy in America, I’m sure that was also the step mother but their entire house was wired up with cameras and 100’s of recording of the small boy being subjected to horrendous abuse-I think he eventually died but I’d have to fact check because I might be getting confused with the Gabriel Fernandez case. There were text messages exchanged between the woman and someone else saying what she was going to do to the boy that night but they haven’t found who the texts where sent to. As soon as I read that I thought there must have been someone behind it-requesting her to do things to him for a sum of money as the camera equipments around the house would have been really expensive but they were otherwise quite poor. Really vile.
I left when it was all happening so never found out, I'm going to see if I can just for peace of mind. I don't think the parents were in any way involved thankfully.

If anyone is interested and you can't wait until it's shown in the UK, the new season of Web of Lies (it's usually rebranded as Evil Online here with a British narrator - it's exactly the same show though) is available.

I'm halfway through. The format and titles have changed, there's no narrator anymore and the stories don't seem quite as intense as earlier seasons (some of them are quite mind blowing) but still worth a watch.

1. Killer Chatroom

2 . I See You

3. Virtual Hitchhiking

4. Lonesome Cowboy

5. The Model Predator
https://youtu.be/B0F8OQGgdZw
6. Tortured Hero
7. Never Let Her Go
https://youtu.be/0dMBpS4pSHk
8. The Enemy Within
https://youtu.be/2PwIK876pN0
9. Cruel Intentions
https://youtu.be/VeRe9ZENTPg
10. Web of Spies
https://youtu.be/pOTB16npqJM

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I left when it was all happening so never found out, I'm going to see if I can just for peace of mind. I don't think the parents were in any way involved thankfully.
I’m so sorry I read your post wrong, I read step mother then step brother so I thought there were two involved. Understand now it was probably just the step brother alone. What age was he?

Reactions: 1
His name was Adrian Jones and he did die-what followed was the worst part I don’t know how i forgot that. Poor baby 😪

I’ve seen that. So sad when the little girls were screaming for their mum when they were being taken away.
So sad that they could easily give away their children like they were pieces of meat. I could never understand how a mother could do that to their child.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I stupidly googled adrian jones. My goodness my heart feels heavy. The photos that the media has obtained is disgusting. Why would they show such graphic horrible photos of this poor boy who was suffering? Makes me so sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
This why we all need to report flashers. These men go onto rape, as told to me by a WPC.

It is all about getting control, and more confidence.
Watching the news tonight, some of the girls reported a flasher to the police on duty at the vigil at C Common and they dismissed it as they were too busy 🙄

(Sorry catching up from page 10!)

• Angry
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.