Real Life Crime and Murder #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just read this on daily fail. Not sure how accurate it is.

‘Ms Everard was captured alone on CCTV at 9.15pm and again 9.28pm, and was later caught on the camera of a marked police car at 9.32pm.

At around 9.35pm, a bus camera captured two figures on Poynders Road and a white Vauxhall Astra with its hazard lights flashing.

Another bus camera captured the same car with both front doors open.

The registration of the vehicle, later confirmed to be a car hired in Dover, Kent, was caught and tracked by police as it left London towards Kent.’

So they were tracking him leaving london towards kent?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I just read this on daily fail. Not sure how accurate it is.

‘Ms Everard was captured alone on CCTV at 9.15pm and again 9.28pm, and was later caught on the camera of a marked police car at 9.32pm.

At around 9.35pm, a bus camera captured two figures on Poynders Road and a white Vauxhall Astra with its hazard lights flashing.

Another bus camera captured the same car with both front doors open.

The registration of the vehicle, later confirmed to be a car hired in Dover, Kent, was caught and tracked by police as it left London towards Kent.’

I dont get it. If its a hired car, why was described as a marked police car?
I think they mean she walked past a marked police car and was picked up on its dash cam alone, then the bus camera captured the two figures and the hired car three mins later. It’s giving a timeline, not saying that the marked car was the hire car. Once they had that footage, they then tracked it back towards Kent but not live active tracking, it would have been caught on cameras and tracked retrospectively. It’s just written in an awkward tense.

Reactions: 13
So do the defence lawyers know that you are ‘innocent’ do you have to lie to them or can you say yes I did but I want you to get me off 🤣
I have family members that are defense lawyers. In say a death penalty case (America) where the person is guilty then you’re fighting for your client to get life in prison instead of death. But most importantly guilty or not you’re there to make sure your client gets a fair trial. That’s what they’ve said when I’ve asked how they can defend so and so who has done a terrible crime. They’re seeing them as someone who has a legal right, regardless of guilt or innocence, to not be railroaded by the judicial system simply for being the accused

Reactions: 18
I think they mean she walked past a marked police car and was picked up on its dash cam alone, then the bus camera captured the two figures and the hired car three mins later. It’s giving a timeline, not saying that the marked car was the hire car. Once they had that footage, they then tracked it back towards Kent but not live active tracking, it would have been caught on cameras and tracked retrospectively. It’s just written in an awkward tense.

Ah right okay. I cant imagine how tedious it would have been to watch all that cctv footage but i guess you’ll get some adrenaline when you see something relevant! I wish i could retrain and become a detective! Abit too old for that now, maybe in my next life!

Reactions: 6
Ah right okay. I cant imagine how tedious it would have been to watch all that cctv footage but i guess you’ll get some adrenaline when you see something relevant! I wish i could retrain and become a detective! Abit too old for that now, maybe in my next life!
Most of the motorway traffic cameras have ANPR I think so if they got the plate of the car from the bus camera that would make the motorway portion much easier for them, they’d be able to just track the car being picked up.

It must have felt like needle in a haystack going through all the bus footage until they found that though.

So do the defence lawyers know that you are ‘innocent’ do you have to lie to them or can you say yes I did but I want you to get me off 🤣
If a client tells their lawyer they are guilty but continues to put in a “not guilty” plea the lawyer would no longer be able to represent that client as they are not allowed to knowingly mislead the court. The lawyer would have to withdraw from the trial citing “professional embarrassment” and pretty much everyone involved would then suspect that meant the defendant had confessed to their lawyer.

(According to Law grad BF)

Reactions: 8
I’m no police sympathiser (really!) but this is why you need enough of them to ensure they can do their job meticulously when they come across crimes. And actually people with an aptitude for the job. With their tit pay, tit hours and lack of respect by public, never mind sexism and racism within it, who would do it? So no wonder they have to take on any average applicant. The way it is, I can’t imagine how many crimes never see the light of day because reports weren’t written up properly, no internal communication putting 2+2 together etc, to convict in court is terrifyingly rare, you’d almost need to be unlucky to get caught and convicted rather than lucky to get off!
Really good point- I was bemused to find I am ineligible to join the police because of a small feather tattoo behind my ear 🥴
A friends family member is ex police and was sharing some questionable stuff during BLM protests- and all the posts were being like by... police! The recruitment process doesn’t seemed to be great at weeding out bias.
Saying that, I’m losing a staff member soon to the police- and she will definitely be awesome :)

Reactions: 9
I started listening to it last week and had to take a break because the next episode was going to be all about ‘Warhead’. I had just finished listening to the episode with the childhood friend person? I couldn’t figure out their relationship but listening to her describe his behavior during a visit just didn’t sit right with me from the beginning.
Honestly I sort of went into the podcast not knowing much beyond the fact that he was a paedophile. I was surprised at how obvious it all was when they talked to his friends and his ex-roommate or whatever he was, but then I suppose it's also just very normal at the same time.

The interviews with the guy later on really annoyed me. I felt bad for him in the sense that he clearly depended on the reporter for some sort of connection with people, but man he is scum at the same time

There is a solicitor for the famous who gets them off with parking fines, speeding and other driving offences, because he will go through the fines with a fine tooth comb, any mistake he finds and it gets thrown out, I bet he charges tens of thousands to celebs and the rich because they know he knows every trick in the book.
I’m no police sympathiser (really!) but this is why you need enough of them to ensure they can do their job meticulously when they come across crimes. And actually people with an aptitude for the job. With their tit pay, tit hours and lack of respect by public, never mind sexism and racism within it, who would do it? So no wonder they have to take on any average applicant. The way it is, I can’t imagine how many crimes never see the light of day because reports weren’t written up properly, no internal communication putting 2+2 together etc, to convict in court is terrifyingly rare, you’d almost need to be unlucky to get caught and convicted rather than lucky to get off!

[/QUOTE]
i was watching something on channel 4 i think (it was terrestrial tv anyway) and for 55 minutes of the programme you saw the police do their very best to get evidence etc... and then at the end up popped the little write up you usually see at the end where the CPS decided not to go through with the trial, it felt like a waste of an hour , but i imagine the police who spent months on it, it must be soul destroying for them, and all it is is the government not allowing the CPS to take cases to court if they are in with a good chance of winning because of money, its ridiculous, its probably why we are seeing more and more police who just dont care anymore.

it feels to me like its a great time to be a career criminal , they get a few months on prison and thats only if the CPS bothers with it, not one gets any real punishment,, same with murderers 16 years max and out on parole , only very few have to serve a life tarif, I dont trust american justice tbh , but at least with the 100% guilty who are murderers they are essentially taken off the streets , which is how it should be imo , once you decide to take another persons life, i just dont see how they have a right to live in society again after 20 years

There is a solicitor for the famous who gets them off with parking fines, speeding and other driving offences, because he will go through the fines with a fine tooth comb, any mistake he finds and it gets thrown out, I bet he charges tens of thousands to celebs and the rich because they know he knows every trick in the book.
Haha my dad did this for my brother. My brother got a speeding ticket through but in the letter it listed the location as "x street" when it was "x road". My dad told him to respond saying there was no "x street" in the city and got him off the ticket.

He's not a solicitor but maybe I should encourage him to be one if he can earn that sort of money.

Reactions: 7
A man has been arrested for Stuart Lubbock’s murder after all this time. Maybe the truth will come out what happened that night now.
I just saw this on sky news, I can’t seem to attach the article though.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
A man has been arrested for Stuart Lubbock’s murder after all this time. Maybe the truth will come out what happened that night now.
I just saw this on sky news, I can’t seem to attach the article though.
Oh God, I hope so. Terry Lubbock, Stuart's Dad who has campaigned tirelessly to find out the truth, has recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer.
I pray that he lives to see justice done.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Oh God, I hope so. Terry Lubbock, Stuart's Dad who has campaigned tirelessly to find out the truth, has recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer.
I pray that he lives to see justice done.

Oh i remember that case.

Sorry to bring it back to SE but was wondering why are they searching for her mobile? Is that a normal thing to do? They’ve been searching drains and lakes, how do they recover the information if its been wet?

Oh i remember that case.

Sorry to bring it back to SE but was wondering why are they searching for her mobile? Is that a normal thing to do? They’ve been searching drains and lakes, how do they recover the information if its been wet?
I thought that but I suppose if they’ve got it at least they can try?

Reactions: 2
Oh i remember that case.

Maybe to see if it has any texts(drafts) , pictures, videos, time stamps etc that could help their case? That way they could prove a lot with it, like our phones hold so much information about where we've been etc & they could find out her traces of where she'd been and see if it matches up with what they thinks happened. Just more evidence I guess?

Reactions: 5
Maybe to see if it has any texts(drafts) , pictures, videos, time stamps etc that could help their case? That way they could prove a lot with it, like our phones hold so much information about where we've been etc & they could find out her traces of where she'd been and see if it matches up with what they thinks happened. Just more evidence I guess?
But how do they get the info if the phone is wet/damaged ?

But how do they get the info if the phone is wet/damaged ?
Where the phone is could also help add context even if it’s damaged so badly they can’t recover anything. For example if it’s somewhere they know the owner was or where something happened vs down a drain closer to the suspects home.

Reactions: 3
I'm rather interested to see how the case turns out regarding Sarah's murder.

It seems to
I'm rather interested to see how the case turns out regarding Sarah's murder.

It seems to me that the police don't actually have much to go by. They're searching everywhere which leads me to assume that they have tracked the accused's movements and are now checking to see if the accused discarded of any evidence or left DNA. They don't seem to have a cause of death, and while they may have DNA of the accused it may not be enough to turn a jury depending on what the accused claims to have happened.

This all being said, I do not think the suspect planned a perfect crime. I think that the accused got very lucky with the road on which everything presumably happened, and then who knows what actually happened with evidence that seems to be missing.

I think, sadly for some, people should be prepared to hear a verdict they don't want to hear. But that's just me speculating a whole lot.
The police just wouldn't release all of those things you've covered, but there will be plenty of evidence I'm sure of it. People who work in the CJ system get on with the job, they aren't reporters. There is no reason the general public would need to know about a case until it comes to trial and is reported on.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.