Real Life Crime and Murder #21

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Time after time after time this happens - with small children, with dogs . . . FFS! Why do people never learn?

Even on a cool day no-one should leave an infant in a car - what if someone steals it? What if someone crashes into it? What If the baby is sick and chokes? Or just wakes up and is frightened?

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!

😡😡😡😡😡
Animal lover supreme, journalist Liz Jones, left her collies in a hot car a few years back because SHE wanted to go to the spa and doesn't feel she can leave them home alone as they wreck stuff and she refuses to train them. Got away with it scott free and reckons it was okay anyway as she'd cracked open a window.

I think penalties for this just aren't severe enough, hence the ongoing problem.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Animal lover supreme, journalist Liz Jones, left her collies in a hot car a few years back because SHE wanted to go to the spa and doesn't feel she can leave them home alone as they wreck stuff and she refuses to train them. Got away with it scott free and reckons it was okay anyway as she'd cracked open a window.

I think penalties for this just aren't severe enough, hence the ongoing problem.
Liz Jones is a whiney, self-obsessed, talentless POS - how the hell she manages to be a "journalist" is beyond me.

And you are right about the penalties - far too lenient.

Reactions: 11
Just listened to the first episode of The Trial podcast by Daily Mail, covering the Holly Willoughby kidnap plot trial. I am utterly HORRIFOED by what I have heard! It is so scary, her world must have been turned upside down when she was told the details.
---
Just listened to the first episode of The Trial podcast by Daily Mail, covering the Holly Willoughby kidnap plot trial. I am utterly HORRIFOED by what I have heard! It is so scary, her world must have been turned upside down when she was told the details.
Horrified not horrifoed

Reactions: 4
---

Horrified not horrifoed
I hate that so many people were mocking her and saying things that she’s exaggerating. Saw some of it in the celebrity threads here. What that man wanted to do to her makes me sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

There was a case years ago of a police dog handler who left 2 police dogs in a car. He got a warning. He did it again and was banned from keeping animals. His wife was a dog handler too so he had to move out. He then killed himself.

• Wow
  • Sad
There was a case years ago of a police dog handler who left 2 police dogs in a car. He got a warning. He did it again and was banned from keeping animals. His wife was a dog handler too so he had to move out. He then killed himself.
I have no sympathy.

And I know I will get castigated, but I don't care.

He threw everything away because he couldn't be arsed to look after his dogs properly. It surprises me though that he was forced to move out. There have been plenty of reports of people who are banned from keeping animals for cruelty, and who circumvent the law by claiming that the animal belongs to a spouse/ partner living at the same address.

Taking his own life was his own choice, and frankly there must have been more going on than having to move out of the family home.

There was an awful case of a baby girl in Ireland dying in a hot car because the dad forgot she was there. The story went away pretty quickly though as the community closed the book to the press and rallied round the parents.
We've had so many cases of that here in the US where I live. I do feel for the parent who "forgot" about the baby, but at the same time, how could you possibly forget?? There have also been many cases of School bus and van drivers doing the same thing. They are supposed to walk through and do a check to make sure no one is left behind. As a parent, wouldn't you double check? I just don't understand how this can happen. So heartbreaking!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I don't think he died (unless it was much later). It went to court after the suicide attempt. That's if we're thinking of the same one (2011).

Reactions: 1
We've had so many cases of that here in the US where I live. I do feel for the parent who "forgot" about the baby, but at the same time, how could you possibly forget?? There have also been many cases of School bus and van drivers doing the same thing. They are supposed to walk through and do a check to make sure no one is left behind. As a parent, wouldn't you double check? I just don't understand how this can happen. So heartbreaking!
there’s an incredible washington post article about this topic (which won the pulitzer prize) which i cannot find online without it being behind a paywall but it’s called “fatal distraction” - it follows several families who have had this happen to them, though the majority if i remember were parents who just went on autopilot and drove to work thinking they’d dropped the child (usually asleep in the back) off at daycare or whatever when they hadn’t.

i’ve heard women in work lightly joke about it sometimes. one left her mum’s house without the baby, one almost put a trolley back in tesco with baby still in it etc - i suppose it can be done if you’re an exhausted parent, the day is busy, you’re just rushing through the routine of what you would usually do and your brain convinced yourself that yes you did drop them off at nursery or yes you did bring them into the house. it’s absolutely tragic and as a parent i don’t know how you could come to terms with it having happened.

Reactions: 15
My mum tells a story about back in days when you had big prams that you couldn't take into shops.

Apparently my dad took me out to give my mum a rest - parked me in the pram outside woolworths, went in, came out a different door and got home without me.

This being the 60s, when they got back to Woolies, I was there he'd left me!!!

No wonder I've got issues!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I have a friend who did the reverse, they were packing the car up for a night away and the baby was only a few weeks old. They were so concentrated on remembering all the stuff they needed they only noticed when reversing off their drive the car seat wasn’t there. The baby was strapped in and perfectly happy still in the hallway. It was only about a minute they were left but my friend was horrified she could have driven off and left her behind.

• Heart
My mum tells a story about back in days when you had big prams that you couldn't take into shops.

Apparently my dad took me out to give my mum a rest - parked me in the pram outside woolworths, went in, came out a different door and got home without me.

This being the 60s, when they got back to Woolies, I was there he'd left me!!!

No wonder I've got issues!!!
My dad has lost me/forgotten about me numerous times. He left me waiting an hour odd after school and I didn't have a mobile so just had to stand there lol. Apparently when I was 3 he lost me in Portugal as he was talking to someone and I wandered off. Luckily one of the hotel staff found me and took me back there. I guess I was very lucky.

If I can't find my cat in my flat I have a panic attack 🙃

Saw this in the metro, interesting read.

there’s an incredible washington post article about this topic (which won the pulitzer prize) which i cannot find online without it being behind a paywall but it’s called “fatal distraction” - it follows several families who have had this happen to them, though the majority if i remember were parents who just went on autopilot and drove to work thinking they’d dropped the child (usually asleep in the back) off at daycare or whatever when they hadn’t.

i’ve heard women in work lightly joke about it sometimes. one left her mum’s house without the baby, one almost put a trolley back in tesco with baby still in it etc - i suppose it can be done if you’re an exhausted parent, the day is busy, you’re just rushing through the routine of what you would usually do and your brain convinced yourself that yes you did drop them off at nursery or yes you did bring them into the house. it’s absolutely tragic and as a parent i don’t know how you could come to terms with it having happened.
I can't understand parking your car outside your home, and then for HOURS not noticing that your TINY 2 month old baby wasn't in the house.

Did no-one think to look in on her? Did they not have a bedroom camera to keep an eye on her in case she got distressed or was sick?

I can understand the Irish guy much more easily than someone who is home, leaves the baby in the car, puts the kettle on and it slips their mind to get baby out straight away - but how is it several hours before you think "Hang on - where's the little'n?"

Tiny babies like that, you check, plus they need frequent feeding at that age, so how the heck have they missed her, poor little thing?

I can't understand parking your car outside your home, and then for HOURS not noticing that your TINY 2 month old baby wasn't in the house.

Did no-one think to look in on her? Did they not have a bedroom camera to keep an eye on her in case she got distressed or was sick?

I can understand the Irish guy much more easily than someone who is home, leaves the baby in the car, puts the kettle on and it slips their mind to get baby out straight away - but how is it several hours before you think "Hang on - where's the little'n?"

Tiny babies like that, you check, plus they need frequent feeding at that age, so how the heck have they missed her, poor little thing?
I know of at least 3 people who were left outside shops (one outside a pub) as babies in the 60s/70s and their mum/dad forgot them and went home.

Also when my younger son was a baby (2002) and I was still with his dad, we went to test drive a car. I've blocked out some of the detail due to guilt but basically we forgot to take him with us and left him in our own car. We realised a few minutes after we set off and went back, he was absolutely fine thankfully, just snoozing in his car seat but we'd left the car unlocked so it could have been much worse.

So I do understand that those short term lapses can happen, and by extension how you could think you had dropped a child at nursery (or that your partner had done so) and therefore forget they were in the car and go off to work - but it's slightly different if you're on your way home for the evening and you then forget not just for minutes or an hour but the entire evening.

The only explanation I could think of is that there had been a plan for someone else to have the baby that evening/ night and so the dad forgot she was in the car (and the other dad assumed she was being cared for by that other person so didn't wonder where she was) but realistically who is letting their newly adopted child stay with someone else overnight? Because otherwise as you say wouldn't one of you have realised you'd not heard the baby or fed her all evening? :(

Reactions: 8
The only reason we don’t have as many baby deaths in cars as the US is because our temperatures are relatively rarely hot enough to cause it.

Examples have been cited in this thread and I bet everyone’s auntie or granny or neighbour has a tale of leaving a child in a pram in a shop or outside the butchers back in the old days. The modern equivalent is leaving a baby in a car, exactly the same memory lapse, only when it’s hot it has fatal consequences.

obviously evil people will also use that to cover up things they do, as they do with everything.

Diddums. At least now he can't get near anymore animals, legally or otherwise.
---

It's the Fail so the headline is clickbait and there is more to it than simply a birthday card, and I'm well aware that harassment can take many forms and be very psychological and full of gaslighting but... this worker sounds like a nightmare person who would never be happy no matter what anyone did to try and appease them. I feel sorry for their future employer.

I don't understand how tribunals come to the decisions they do sometimes, when it comes to sides they take.

• Heart
Reactions: 1