Real Life Crime and Murder #21

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow, I'm surprised she was still driving after that if she had a seizure. I thought your license was taken away in that situation
Apparently it was her first one and she wasn’t diagnosed as epileptic it was just unfortunate it happened while she was driving

• Sad
Reactions: 15

Theres statements from both the families and the driver here.

I can understand why the families feel let down by the conduct of the investigation, it sounds like the police didn't do a good job of communicating with them and explaining why there were such delays (which, from previous news articles, are attributed to a huge lack of RTC investigators). Clearly they want someone to blame for whats happened, but a tragic accident is just that - an accident.

It is heartbreaking all round

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Wow, I'm surprised she was still driving after that if she had a seizure. I thought your license was taken away in that situation
There’s no proof that she has been though, just one comment from one of the families in an article that they’d seen her driving around - which may well not be true even without them intentionally lying, they saw a woman who looked like her or they saw her as a passenger and their grief clouded the judgement etc.

It sounds like it was just a tragic accident, anyone could suffer a first medical incident behind the wheel at any time, if there had been no prior indications the woman hasn’t committed a crime regardless of how the families may feel.

Reactions: 11
There’s no proof that she has been though, just one comment from one of the families in an article that they’d seen her driving around - which may well not be true even without them intentionally lying, they saw a woman who looked like her or they saw her as a passenger and their grief clouded the judgement etc.

It sounds like it was just a tragic accident, anyone could suffer a first medical incident behind the wheel at any time, if there had been no prior indications the woman hasn’t committed a crime regardless of how the families may feel.
Awfully sad, but like you say, anyone could have a medical episode at any time. My perfectly healthy, football mad 28 year old cousin passed out going 70 on the M1. Luckily he veered to the left and into a bank, and not to the right. And then my dad, driving a 30tonne Boots lorry had a stroke but was aware enough to pull over and call 999

Finally, some sort of resolution. I'm at a loss as to why these inquiries take so long but at least we've got an answer now. Really hope it helps the families of the girls to heal... a tragic accident no one could have helped. Very sad all around.
They would take a fair while I imagine because different agencies are involved. I can't imagine what they're all going through

Reactions: 3
This is relevant based on our previous days discussion:
Poor boy. This seriously shouldn’t happen, having done trips like this (with much larger groups) you do headcounts upon headcounts especially before leaving 😱

This is absolutely shocking! I can hardly believe that 3 adults aren't able to count up to 9! Each adult was presumably responsible for 3 kids - how the duck did they not miss him? And he's red-headed - even in Scotland red hair stands out.

Thank heavens that the man who found him sobbing and alone was a decent man and not a pervert. Thank heavens that he didn't have an accident and seriously hurt himself, or get even further lost looking for his friends. Anything could have happened to this child.

From the article "The nursery declined to comment"

I bet they bloody did! 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 14
Gosh this is just shocking! As a parent, my mind would go into overdrive about everything that could have happened.

We've taught our 4 year old his address and who to look for if he's ever lost (a woman with children, as police officer is now sadly not safe enough). Hopefully he'll never need it.

This is absolutely shocking! I can hardly believe that 3 adults aren't able to count up to 9! Each adult was presumably responsible for 3 kids - how the duck did they not miss him? And he's red-headed - even in Scotland red hair stands out.

Thank heavens that the man who found him sobbing and alone was a decent man and not a pervert. Thank heavens that he didn't have an accident and seriously hurt himself, or get even further lost looking for his friends. Anything could have happened to this child.

From the article "The nursery declined to comment"

I bet they bloody did! 😡
It's shocking and disgusting how the default position these days is to avoid taking any responsiblity whatsoever. It happens all the time when things go wrong now, especially serious things. People have become such self-serving cowards.
---
Gosh this is just shocking! As a parent, my mind would go into overdrive about everything that could have happened.

We've taught our 4 year old his address and who to look for if he's ever lost (a woman with children, as police officer is now sadly not safe enough). Hopefully he'll never need it.
I was taught my address and phone number when I was very little. I never needed to deploy the information, thankfully, but it's something all parents should do with their kids the moment they are old enough. And I agree with you about police officers, unfortunately. :(

Reactions: 7
It's shocking and disgusting how the default position these days is to avoid taking any responsiblity whatsoever. It happens all the time when things go wrong now, especially serious things. People have become such self-serving cowards.
---

I was taught my address and phone number when I was very little. I never needed to deploy the information, thankfully, but it's something all parents should do with their kids the moment they are old enough. And I agree with you about police officers, unfortunately. :(
I think it’s also sad that the go to comment is ‘thank god the man who found him was genuine and not a *insert here*’. We shouldn’t have to think or feel like this. All us as parents shouldn’t have to feel that way, and would like to hope any person who found a lost child would act in the ‘correct’ way

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I have a friend who did the reverse, they were packing the car up for a night away and the baby was only a few weeks old. They were so concentrated on remembering all the stuff they needed they only noticed when reversing off their drive the car seat wasn’t there. The baby was strapped in and perfectly happy still in the hallway. It was only about a minute they were left but my friend was horrified she could have driven off and left her behind.
When I was a teenager in the 70's, my mom and I would take one of my infant nieces in the carriage and walk to the local grocery store. Our dog plus 5 of the neighborhood dogs would accompany us. We would park my niece in the carriage in front of the store, and the 6 dogs would lie in a circle surrounding the baby. We did our shopping, came out and she was there still asleep, and all the pups were still there. There was no way anyone was going to walk off with that baby! 😂

• Heart

Have been following this case and what a mess. I've leaned to her being guilty and not buying the self defense excuse since almost the start but looks like there is corruption here from the prosecutors.

Feel sorry for the dead man's family, this might torpedo any chance of conviction?

Reactions: 1

From Facebook they are saying he died by suicide and left a note on his instagram. The article says that his girlfriend was seen crying outside the house but I think the DM must have got that wrong as he was dating Lauren Evans who has also died. I have a horrible feeling it could be a murder suicide?

This article says it’s a murder investigation and that the police had prior contact with one of them.

• Sad

From Facebook they are saying he died by suicide and left a note on his instagram. The article says that his girlfriend was seen crying outside the house but I think the DM must have got that wrong as he was dating Lauren Evans who has also died. I have a horrible feeling it could be a murder suicide?

This article says it’s a murder investigation and that the police had prior contact with one of them.
If you read the top article it refers to how neighbours told the media that he had moved into the property approx 16 months ago with his gf and they had since split up. They then refer to his current girlfriend being outside grieving. I’m presuming the victim Lauren Evans was the gf he had moved in with. Whether they were both still living there or one of them had moved out? It’s odd that paramedics were there and then called police after breaking in. Who called the ambulance ? Or where they looking for him as he was due on shift ?

Reactions: 4